• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two in Five NBA Draft Play-In 3 : Shane vs Milk

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE

1st Half
PG - Norm Van Lier - 11.8
SG - Joe Dumars - 16.1
SF - George Gervin - 25.1
PF - Elvin Hayes - 21.0
C - Caldwell Jones - 7.9

2nd Half
PG - Jason Kidd - 12.6
SG - Bryon Russell - 7.9
SF - Julius Erving - 24.2
PF - Pau Gasol - 17.0
C - Hakeem Olajuwon - 21.7

VS

MILK

1st Half
PG - Stephen Curry - 23.5
SG - Reggie Miller - 18.2
SF - Andrei Kirilenko - 11.8
PF - Buck Williams - 12.8
C - Rich Kelley - 7.6

2nd Half
PG - John Stockton - 13.1
SG - Paul Pierce - 19.7
SF - Adrian Dantley - 24.3
PF - Kevin McHale - 17.9
C - Mark Eaton - 6.0

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE - 6
MILK - 2

VOTED - Ducey, Shane, UK, Sushi, Mookie, Milk, 500, Femur

First to SIX

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumars would be on Curry. Van Lier still a great defender will be on Reggie. Think my 2nd half pushes me to get the win

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane. Think Milks explosive scoring guards keep it close but Shane’s bigs are too big a mismatch here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane. Think Milks explosive scoring guards keep it close but Shane’s bigs are too big a mismatch here.

I got milk, but I don't understand your big man comment... Eaton is one of the best defensive Centers of all time, sure, Hakeem is better overall, but we gotta assume that Eaton at least can somewhat contain Hakeem...

McHale is better than Gasol, but its close...

Then on the first half, I would think rich Kelley and Caldwell Jones would negate eachother out... Would actually prefer Kelley over Jones... Only big mismatch would be elvin Hayes vs Buck Williams... But Buck was also a 4 time all defensive team...

So I don't see the mismatch you do...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got milk, but I don't understand your big man comment... Eaton is one of the best defensive Centers of all time, sure, Hakeem is better overall, but we gotta assume that Eaton at least can somewhat contain Hakeem...

Then on the first half, I would think rich Kelley and Caldwell Jones would negate eachother out... Would actually prefer Kelley over Jones... Only big mismatch would be elvin Hayes vs Buck Williams... But Buck was also a 4 time all defensive team...

No we don't lol. Hakeem dominated DRob and Shaq and Eaton provides zero offense. Great defender but Hakeem will get his. McHale is better than Pau, Pau is a good floor spacer and underrated defender...both have length. I don't see this as a huge difference but you win that matchup. Then we have Elvin against Buck...for the most part you have pretty weak 4's and 5's imo.

Dumars on Steph is the key. MJ said he was the toughest defender he ever played against.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we don't lol. Hakeem dominated DRob and Shaq and Eaton provides zero offense. Great defender but Hakeem will get his. McHale is better than Pau, Pau is a good floor spacer and underrated defender...both have length. I don't see this as a huge difference but you win that matchup. Then we have Elvin against Buck...for the most part you have pretty weak 4's and 5's imo.

Dumars on Steph is the key. MJ said he was the toughest defender he ever played against.

you cant have it both ways though, you cant say that Buck and Eaton can not contain their opponents while dumars could... all three were great defensively...

And I don't care about word of mouth... Players say political BS all the time, you can cherrypick a quote just to make your point... Sure Dumars is great defensively, but he was still rated at a negative total in the DBPM(the advanced defensive stat)...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with Eaton on Dream is Dream was a great defender too. So if Eaton sort of contains Dream he still has like 20 and 8. Eaton meanwhile would post like 3 and 5. Thats a lot to make up

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant have it both ways though, you cant say that Buck and Eaton can not contain their opponents while dumars could... all three were great defensively...

And I don't care about word of mouth... Players say political BS all the time, you can cherrypick a quote just to make your point... Sure Dumars is great defensively, but he was still rated at a negative total in the DBPM(the advanced defensive stat)...

I never said Dumars would contain Steph bc Steph is going to get his but it might be one of the best options and he can limit him, also Dumars provides offense and shooting. Eaton provides great defense but provides zero offense. There is a difference between lockdown defenders and great two-way players.

I could care less about defensive metrics to be honest. For example, if you look at Klay Thompson's defensive rating you would never believe he is a great defender.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shane kind of echoed my sentiments. But if you still want me to elaborate on my opinions of the matchup I can. Again, just my opinion.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane kind of echoed my sentiments. But if you still want me to elaborate on my opinions of the matchup I can. Again, just my opinion.

I like hearing your opinion because you are the basketball head around here... or at least you got that reputation...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like hearing your opinion because you are the basketball head around here... or at least you got that reputation...

Dont let him fool you...it's all reputation :skip:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Dantley guy especially for being a Pistons fan. Obviously my age (I was quite young when he was their "best" player) but basically he could be a ball stopper on offense. Kind of Melo like. Dealing him for a lesser player was still a win because it gave more PT for Rodman.

The rest is history once they traded him.