• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The top 10 coaches

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been comparing Tomlin to Carroll for years. Constantly getting teams to that "no man's land" of just good enough to get to the play-offs or above .500 but nothing more and in shitty draft positions. One positive thing I will say about Tomlin though is that he has some great quotes, lol. The dude is rarely boring behind the microphone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy fucking hates Mike Tomlin for some reason.

And it seems like it’s cuz he’s black. And never sucks. Might be cover for Shanny Junior being an overrated straight billed dildo. Idk. I’m not here to judge.

Or it might be just because he has hate in his heart for fatfuck rapist quarterbacks from tMAC. Which I can understand. Since Ben really wasn’t that good. Tbh. He was just big. And greasy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though. Bend your visor/hat. You aren’t a kid.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't even won a playoff game in nearly a decade, with his teams allowing 40 points per game in their five playoff losses during that stretch. (let that sink in)

Tomlin basically wasted the last decade of Roethlisberger's prime.

His teams haven't done anything of relevance in a long time, but people who just don't follow the Steelers closely feel compelled to regurgitate the kool-aid about Mike Tomlin that is peddled in the national sports media.

He's not a bad coach, but he was never a great one, getting to Superbowls with Bill Cowher's teams, and in the context of winning championships, he hit his expiration date with the Steelers a long time ago.

"Mediocre Mike" is what he has become.
You deserve far worse for being so entitled.

Are you really arguing that he won a lot of games with inferior talent? How he got to 10 wins and a playoff spot with the QB play you had last year was hard to believe and very impressive.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deserve far worse for being so entitled.

Are you really arguing that he won a lot of games with inferior talent? How he got to 10 wins and a playoff spot with the QB play you had last year was hard to believe and very impressive.

I don't think winning a playoff game every decade or so is asking too much. I really don't, especially from a coach that is as great as you and so many others apparently believe Tomlin to be.

Prior to the current drought, his teams went five calendar years without a playoff win between 2011-2016, and that was with a franchise QB.

His teams underachieved for much of Roethlisberger's career, including in playoffs where his defenses got stomped by future HOFers like Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles.

Mike Tomlin is not all that. You've simply bought into the Tomlin hype machine, which is understandable given all the force applied behind it by the media and you having not followed the Steelers closely enough to know better.

The talking heads constantly rave about what a great communicator and leader Tomlin is, but even if he is, so what if it doesn't translate into results of any real consequence for such a prolonged period?

Sure one can do worse than Mike Tomlin, but I'm to the point where I'm willing to risk it, as the window for the Steelers winning another Superbowl with Tomlin has long slammed shut. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've seen too much over the years to expect anything else.

He could very well go somewhere else and win a Superbowl in the ideal situation, like when he took over for Cowher, but he's not capable of setting the foundation on his own. That's been evident for over a decade now.