• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the suggestion has been made ....

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that the sox might be interested in yasiel puig for quintana. ... on the off chance anyone still comes here ... thoughts?
personally, i think that as good as quintana has been, it hasn't helped much. this is the kind of deal i'd consider very strongly. he's young, and in '14 had a 5+ owar ... not too shabby. problem MAY be he's a head case. would playing on a team with abreu and his work ethic have a good influence on puig? possibly. if i thought for one minute we'd get the 2013/14 version of puig i'd do this in a second! i wouldn't even require a throw in, tho i'd take one if it were offered. his contract is already decent and in place and he's tied up for 4 years.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no thanks. puig is an amazing talent but he is head case. if top players on the dodgers want him gone, I'm sure he is a pain in the ass. not worth giving up a quality starter for a guy that could end up being the next Milton bradley

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lean towards taking that deal. Bad/mediocre teams have to gamble on uncertain, risky moves and hope they pay off to get better. A good team can afford to only make obviously good deals. Signing Abreu was a risky move that happened to pay off. If the Sox don't try for something like this what else can they do? They need help in a lot of places, and if a change of scenery and another year of maturation and playing with another Cuban might work, you gotta take that chance.

Then you can deal Garcia for some kind of infield help, or try to get Frazier if you have enough prospects to deal (Thompson etc.)

Now the Puig deal is obviously risky, but that's about all you can do if you are a team like the Sox, with some pieces but needing more. I don't think they can afford to go the Astros route and tank 3 years to get high draft picks.