• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Stinking doyers

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An excellent article from Dave Cameron re: the doyers

Are The Dodgers Screwed? | FanGraphs Baseball

A thought came to mind as I read this: If the doyers are sold to a new owner and this new owner cleans house, would Sabes bring Ned back?

I'm thinking he probably would.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he still work for Sabean?

I was thinking the same thing. I do not think Ned would be NEARLY as effective in any other role than the one he currently occupies.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm getting immense satisfaction out of this dodger fiasco

Some funny stuff:

Los Angeles Dodgers’ owner Frank McCourt is a vile piece of shit who not only ruined what was once the classiest franchise in all of sports but should also face legal consequences if allegations are true that he did reportedly not pay any taxes on $105 million he siphoned from the Dodgers’ for his own personal use. Tommy Lasorda says McCourt really loves the Dodgers, which is like saying that Hannibal Lecter really loved his victims before he ate their livers.

Altogether a trashy article , but at least that part was amusing:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting immense satisfaction out of this dodger fiasco

Some funny stuff:

Los Angeles Dodgers’ owner Frank McCourt is a vile piece of shit who not only ruined what was once the classiest franchise in all of sports but should also face legal consequences if allegations are true that he did reportedly not pay any taxes on $105 million he siphoned from the Dodgers’ for his own personal use. Tommy Lasorda says McCourt really loves the Dodgers, which is like saying that Hannibal Lecter really loved his victims before he ate their livers.

Altogether a trashy article , but at least that part was amusing:

Here's my favorite take on it:

If you’re looking for an actual definition of the German word "schadenfreude," it roughly translates to "taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others." Like, oh, when a hated rival is going through all sorts of off-field nonsense. The first response to a headline like this...

Dodgers a Ward of the State; Owner Can’t Make Payroll; Clayton Kershaw Quits Baseball to Work at Hertz So He Can "Make Ends Meet."

...is to laugh. Maybe chortle a little. Then guffaw, snicker, and s****le. This reaction is acceptable for about six or seven hours. Maybe a few days or weeks. The manure being shoveled back and forth between Frank McCourt and Major League Baseball is sweet, sweet fertilizer, and it’s going to make the sunflower of your heart grow up to be a big, healthy, and beautiful sunflower. That’s schadenfreude.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's my favorite take on it:

If you’re looking for an actual definition of the German word "schadenfreude," it roughly translates to "taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others." Like, oh, when a hated rival is going through all sorts of off-field nonsense. The first response to a headline like this...

Dodgers a Ward of the State; Owner Can’t Make Payroll; Clayton Kershaw Quits Baseball to Work at Hertz So He Can "Make Ends Meet."

...is to laugh. Maybe chortle a little. Then guffaw, snicker, and s****le. This reaction is acceptable for about six or seven hours. Maybe a few days or weeks. The manure being shoveled back and forth between Frank McCourt and Major League Baseball is sweet, sweet fertilizer, and it’s going to make the sunflower of your heart grow up to be a big, healthy, and beautiful sunflower. That’s schadenfreude.

That's Grant at McCovey Chronicles right?