• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I was thinking it would be better for Chirinos to have a break in the forearm than wrist. Hopefully, he can heal a little quicker and quite strongly at the same time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everyone is fine due to this very difficult weather. Here in GBC it's raining and quite windy, lightening, but all is well.

Hope everything is fine on y'all's home front!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What advantage does it have over homerun distance? I mean, did anyone need exit velocity to determine that Stanton has a shit ton of power?

The advantage is that you don't rely one single data point to study something. The more supporting data points you can find the better future prediction or analysis you can make of a player. It's also a real quantifiable thing that doesn't require a formula to discern, so it's hard empirical data. That way you can pick apart Stanton and see how quantifiable his raw power truly is compared to other players.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While JD has done some impressive work as GM of the Rangers, his biggest failure has been sustaining and rebuilding the Rangers' offense since the back to back WS years. The Rangers need an infusion of young talented hitters, like Mazara and Brinson and at some point hopefully a healthy Profar, to truly rebuild the offensive face and philosophy of this team. Certainly Odor and Gallo will be a part of this as well. Fielder, Beltre, Moreland, Hamilton et al will not be a part of the next Ranger team to go to a WS. Look to move those parts at their highest value and this time really rebuild this offense for 2017 and beyond. This has not been a dynamic offense since 2013.

Texas was the third best offense in the league in 2015, so what the hell are you on about?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was the third best offense in the league in 2015, so what the hell are you on about?
I'm saying the offense needs to get younger, more versatile, and faster. See Royals and Astros.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everyone is fine due to this very difficult weather. Here in GBC it's raining and quite windy, lightening, but all is well.

Hope everything is fine on y'all's home front!

Just got our baseball game in tonight before the downpour started, had to call all the rest of the games for the night though. Safe at home now, likely not venturing out the rest of the evening. Everyone stay safe

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got our baseball game in tonight before the downpour started, had to call all the rest of the games for the night though. Safe at home now, likely not venturing out the rest of the evening. Everyone stay safe

There's some really nasty stuff in the area, that's for sure. Glad you're at home.

Did you win? ha

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some really nasty stuff in the area, that's for sure. Glad you're at home.

Did you win? ha

the boys won despite the coaching.....me that is

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the offense needs to get younger, more versatile, and faster. See Royals and Astros.

Honestly can't believe you're throwing the Astros out there as a team to emulate. Granted, right now they look good, and their farm system seems rock solid.

But they've won a big ol handful of diddly-squat for about 20+ years.

What you'd make of what happened between us and them last season? They spit-the-bit and we won the division.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that doesn't happen overnight. and Texas has some really good pieces on the way (or in one case, here a bit early).

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesn't happen overnight. and Texas has some really good pieces on the way (or in one case, here a bit early).

This, IMO, isn't pie-in-the-sky what could be on the field in Arlington in 2017.

Profar at 3rd, Odor 2nd, Gallo at 1st, Mazara in right and Brinson in CF, with Rua platooning, maybe full time in LF.

That young and versatile enough?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly can't believe you're throwing the Astros out there as a team to emulate. Granted, right now they look good, and their farm system seems rock solid.

But they've won a big ol handful of diddly-squat for about 20+ years.

What you'd make of what happened between us and them last season? They spit-the-bit and we won the division.
Exactly. Of course I'm not referring to the Astros ineptitude over the last 20 years. I'm obviously talking about what they have been doing since they lost 100 games a few years back. Acquiring young talented players, stockpiling draft picks and solidifying the farm. I believe they are the team to beat in the AL West the next few years. Rangers could do worse than emulate the Astros regarding personnel decisions.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, IMO, this isn't pie-in-the-sky what could be on the field in Arlington in 2017.

Profar at 3rd, Odor 2nd, Gallo at 1st, Mazara in right and Brinson in CF, with Rua platooning, maybe full time in LF.

That young and versatile enough?
I'd be pretty excited about a core like that on the field in 2017. Would take a couple seasons to be at a championship contending level unless we have a top 5 AL rotation to complement those young players. Then anything becomes possible.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re alleged aging squad referencing the lowly Astros as role models

Houston tanked on purpose. Even if they win. Tainted and disgraced their fanbase.
Sorriness

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Of course I'm not referring to the Astros ineptitude over the last 20 years. I'm obviously talking about what they have been doing since they lost 100 games a few years back. Acquiring young talented players, stockpiling draft picks and solidifying the farm. I believe they are the team to beat in the AL West the next few years. Rangers could do worse than emulate the Astros regarding personnel decisions.

Well, you previously mentioned Gallo, Brinson, Mazara, and Odor. Leaving off Profar and our pretty stout pitching prospects. Seems like we're doing just fine to me.

But OK, hop your butt on the freight train to success at Minute Maid. Adios