• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 8

Who is the Eighth Best QB?

• Eli Manning

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Russell Wilson

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Matt Ryan

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Matt Stafford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam Newton

• Jay Cutler

• Tony Romo

• Nick Foles

• RGIII

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with Philip Rivers winning.

I know as the sixth poll, this seems long. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can. Even if you disagree with the rankings so far, please vote. Hope all's are subjective and are subject to demographics of the boards. I did not make the poll public because I don't want to dissuade people voting. I do believe that people outside of this board are voting, and that's okay.

Question: Who is the eighth best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew luck
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Matt Ryan
8) Tony Romo

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. This poll.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Kap

:omg::noidea::confused2::jaw:

:kidding: I think he'll win this round. Unless the Wilson guys come or someone only votes for SB winners. No hate, just saying.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg::noidea::confused2::jaw:

:kidding: I think he'll win this round. Unless the Wilson guys come or someone only votes for SB winners. No hate, just saying.

I voted for Kap cuz pretty much no one voted for Wilson or Eli so lets get Kap to beat Matty Ice.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Kap cuz pretty much no one voted for Wilson or Eli so lets get Kap to beat Matty Ice.

Hey, no strategizing! Who's your real pick? "Other" if needed. Inevitable...

Just kidding. I know people strategize (if they participate).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me because this is ridiculously lazily put together, but I gotta bust out the pompoms for Kap :cheer2: (plus, why not see if I can give Sickness and aneurism?)

Well,
Eli Manning? Hes passed his better days. I think he should have been able to get more out of his WRs. Pretty good arm, but he also just doesn't seem like a great leader type.

Russell Wilson? Wouldn't be the same with an "average HB." He would still make some plays that make his WRs make good, but take away Beast Mode and there will actually be some coverage on his WRs.

Joe Flacco? Ha. No. He had an Eli style "sold his soul for an SB" playoff run in 2012-13, but no, he's not 8th.

Colin Kaepernick's great arm strength, habit of not throwing INTS (gotta forget about the past, ie the NFCCG, right?) and ability to run deceptively fast really helps him out. Colin has the ability to play when the run game flat lines because he'll become the run game.

Matt Ryan? Take away Julio & Roddy & NAWWWWW, he ain't 8th. I mean, might as well write in Andy Dalton. (shout out to AJ Green!). Give Ryan a slightly better RB than an old man Rivers -err- Steven Jackson, and ATL wouldn't have needed to pass 70% of the time or whatever, so Ryan's stats would be less inflated.

Matt Stafford? Meh. Calvin helps to keep him in a job.

Cam Newton? Just my opinion, he isn't 8th material. I didn't watch as many Panthers games, obviously, but his long ball accuracy wasn't as good as Kap's IIRC.

Jay Cutler? Points for doing semi well with a box of cheerios as an OL, but he seems too much of an emotional spaz. Plus Brandon Marshall is a BEAST.

Tony Romo He's like DeSean Jackson: all about stats.

Nick Foles? Not as versatile as Kap & while he didn't throw a bunch of picks, he doesn't have the arm and I think he is more a product of Chip Kelly trying to run defenses off the field. Give him a coach that doesn't run a light speed offense and things should be different.

RGIII? More like RG "IV." Cuzzo will be injured for sure. He's the NFL's Derrick Rose.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reasoning. I didn't know who else to put. Alex would be my personal blind homer choice, Tannehill is a turnover machine sometimes, Palmer no, Schaubb no... If I didn't put those 12, people would say I was playing favorites. I think Kaepernick is next and yes, he'll improve.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am voting Kaep. Of the guys left (and even a couple who went before him) there isn't any other QB I would take over him.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,304.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how Eli is still on the board. anyway he got my vote

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how Eli is still on the board. anyway he got my vote

He should be there before Ryan, as Ryan has all the help and no SBs (one playoff win).