• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 7

Who is the Seventh Best QB?

• Eli Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Joe Flacco

• Colin Kaepernick

• Philip Rivers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Matt Ryan

• Matt Stafford

• Cam Newton

• Jay Cutler

• Tony Romo

• Nick Foles/RGIII (Specify in Thread)

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with a tie. A subsequent tiebreaker vote led to Ben Roethlisberger (14) beating out Philip Rivers (11).

I know as the sixth poll, this seems long. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can. Even if you disagree with the rankings so far, please vote. Hope all's are subjective and are subject to demographics of the boards. I did not make the poll public because I don't want to dissuade people voting. I do believe that people outside of this board are voting, and that's okay.

Question: Who is the seventh best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with a tie. A subsequent tiebreaker vote led to Ben Roethlisberger (14) beating out Philip Rivers (11).

I know as the sixth poll, this seems long. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can. Even if you disagree with the rankings so far, please vote. Hope all's are subjective and are subject to demographics of the boards. I did not make the poll public because I don't want to dissuade people voting. I do believe that people outside of this board are voting, and that's okay.

Question: Who is the seventh best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

JUST IMO, you should have called Rivers as 7th best & moved on to the 8th since Ben & Rivers were pretty close in the polls.

Other than that, appreciate something to make the offseason seem less boring.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST IMO, you should have called Rivers as 7th best & moved on to the 8th since Ben & Rivers were pretty close in the polls.

Other than that, appreciate something to make the offseason seem less boring.

I wanted and should have done that. What happened is why I didn't start the first vote out with 12 options. But these things are always subjective and always subject to demographics of the pollers. That somebody might have found that if I just declared a winner like you suggest. When I made the first poll, somebody objected to my options. I think it was because they wanted Russell Wilson as an option in the top four spots. I had and Rogers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and other as my options. Didn't open up to 12 options until the fifth or sixth poll. It's no coincidence that once I did that, this happened. I can't just list my top 6-8 and say vote for top-five.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: I missed your point. You were saying that rather than having this whole poll for seventh spot, I should've just listed the runner-up to the tiebreaker as the 7th. Yeah, I could have done that. There were enough people who questioned Rivers as an option, so maybe they have someone else?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Matt Ryan

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: I missed your point. You were saying that rather than having this whole poll for seventh spot, I should've just listed the runner-up to the tiebreaker as the 7th. Yeah, I could have done that. There were enough people who questioned Rivers as an option, so maybe they have someone else?

:nod:

But it's all good. As I said, I appreciate lighthearted things to distract us during the offseason, versus arguing over the moral compasses of Kap/Aldon/Cully.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Rivers because if he was in the tie breaker he logically should be in this spot.

Not necessary. Those who voted for Big Ben could vote for Matt Ryan or Russell Wilson for the next spot. Those who voted for Big Ben may think that Philip Rivers is not even in the top 10. Some people may think that Philip Rivers is the 9th spot and everyone will vote for him at that point?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that, I did have enough confidence that those who voted for Tom Brady would vote for Peyton Manning if Brady wasn't an option. So that's why I named Manning the third best without having a poll.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessary. Those who voted for Big Ben could vote for Matt Ryan or Russell Wilson for the next spot. Those who voted for Big Ben may think that Philip Rivers is not even in the top 10. Some people may think that Philip Rivers is the 9th spot and everyone will vote for him at that point?

Neccessarily*

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah what the hell happened to all the Wilson voters? Wilson had 5 votes as the 6th best QB so I was hoping enough Big Ben votes would jump on the Wilson bandwagon so he could beat Rivers. Get to voting Wilson fans.