• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 5

Who is the Fifth Best QB?

• Eli Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Joe Flacco

• Ben Roethlisberger

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Colin Kaepernick

• Andrew Luck

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Philip Rivers

• Matt Ryan

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Matt Stafford

• Cam Newton

• Jay Cutler/Tony Romo

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with Drew Brees winning.

I know as the fourth poll, this seems long. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Question: Who is the fourth best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense? If there are any clear trends, I will do the same as this time (declare the next). If people now vote for the fifth to influence that - that will turn into the fourth, right? Please just vote for who you think is fourth.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a way to see who is voting for who or is this anonymous? Just curious on who keeps voting for RW and Big Ben..

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a way to see who is voting for who or is this anonymous? Just curious on who keeps voting for RW and Big Ben..

Good question. I could make the votes public when I make the poll, but I think it might dissuade people from voting. I just hoped that people are/were honest. People can and are biased, but honesty is all I hope. I want a lot if votes because the numbers tend to get more real the more people who vote (assuming biased but honest).

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Brees last time and Big Ben this time.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I could make the votes public when I make the poll, but I think it might dissuade people from voting. I just hoped that people are/were honest. People can and are biased, but honesty is all I hope. I want a lot if votes because the numbers tend to get more real the more people who vote (assuming biased but honest).

I was just curious more for the RW votes. I think it's a stretch to say RW is a better QB than Luck at this time, but I guess you can make some argument. (Although not a very strong one IMHO). As far as RW over Bree's, that's just homerism no question about it.

Big Ben is a middle of the road QB, not a top 5 in my opinion. But with two rings there can be an argument there as well I guess. Just think Luck gives you so much more.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get all this love for Luck. The guy is horrible in the playoffs.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get all this love for Luck. The guy is horrible in the playoffs.

I don't get it either. I think he will be a great QB but he hasn't shown it in the playoffs yet. His rookie year he also threw 1 INT and 0 TDs in that playoff game to go with his 7 INTs this year. I hate Big Ben and the Steelers but I wouldn't pick Luck over a 2 time SB winner.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Brees last time and Big Ben this time.
Same here on both polls. Luck needs time to prove his worth in the NFL. Having the easiest schedule this season (Colts) would only help him with more misleading stats.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck

I had Big Ben here but I voted the same as you on the rest. I think Ben still has a few good years left. He's the only reason they won any games last year.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Big Ben here but I voted the same as you on the rest. I think Ben still has a few good years left. He's the only reason they won any games last year.
The biggest factor for me voting this time around was who I would rather have as my QB in 2014. I believe that Luck is already the 5th best QB in the league. A lot of people like to credit the QB for team accomplishments. They say, "hey, look at Big Ben he has 2 championships, so that makes him a superior QB to those that dont." Never mind that the Steelers basically won SB XL without him.

Big Ben at 5... I dont blame any who put him at that spot. I like Big Ben, he is somewhere in my top ten and his bad year will have no effect on where I will place him. I'm just saying for me, when determining where I will rank QBs, wins and championships will have some impact on how I choose my list, but for the most part I will be going off how each player plays the position and not off team accomplishments.