• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 12

Who is the 12th Best QB?

• Eli Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Joe Flacco

• Matt Stafford

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • RGIII

• Nick Foles

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ryan Tannehill

• Carson Palmer

• Andy Dalton

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with Alex Smith claiming the 11th spot. Let's keep the discussion on who is next, not why Smith shouldn't or should be here. I tried to encourage voting from the start.

I'm NOT talking about whether he should be there, but rather in voting motivations, I'm guessing people wanted to vote for him but couldn't until we left the Top Ten and certainly couldn't before Kaepernick (nor am I saying he should).

You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Question: Who is the twelfth best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Far:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Cam Newton
11. Alex Smith
12. This Poll.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Petyon Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Matt Ryan
8) Tony Romo
9) Eli Manning
10) Ben Roethlisberger
11) Alex Smith
12) Russell Wilson

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Sam Bradford this whole time. I don't think he would have been placed yet but he could have Ralph Baser'd it for someone. I forgot Dalton, too, but doubt he'd have stolen too many from the winner of any of the polls so far. Absent troll posters, of course, just kidding.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the back issue is keeping him out, but I think that Romo should have been up there already.

This poll lost me at "6) Ben Roethlisberger"

Although Alex at 11 might be even more ludicrous

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poll lost me at "6) Ben Roethlisberger"

Although Alex at 11 might be even more ludicrous

I was hoping it didn't come down to talking about past voted QBs and a discussion of who is next, but Big Benis pretty high. Just hope to get as many votes as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping it didn't come down to talking about past voted QBs and a discussion of who is next instead, but Big Ben is pretty high. Just hope to get as many votes as possible.

Fixed.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping it didn't come down to talking about past voted QBs and a discussion of who is next, but Big Benis pretty high. Just hope to get as many votes as possible.

If we can't even talk about the poll then what exactly is the point of the poll? It's not like its a reflection of anything other than a few randos on the Internet pushing buttons.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't even talk about the poll then what exactly is the point of the poll? It's not like its a reflection of anything other than a few randos on the Internet pushing buttons.

Not a rule, of course. I was referring mostly to myself and my questioning Big Ben. I did so when he was voted in and it felt like complaining in hindsight. I just meant, is Romo next?

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Sam Bradford this whole time. I don't think he would have been placed yet but he could have Ralph Baser'd it for someone. I forgot Dalton, too, but doubt he'd have stolen too many from the winner of any of the polls so far. Absent troll posters, of course, just kidding.
I believe I will be voting for Matt Schaub in the next poll. I expect that I will be the only one doing so, since he is coming off such a bad season but, i believe that was way over blown. The consecutive game streak with a pick six is fluky stat in my opinion. Also Texans fans are just plain retarded for pushing him on the bench and running him out of town.
Anyway, since you are running the polls just thought I would let you know since Schaub has yet to make an appearance on the poll.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I will be voting for Matt Schaub in the next poll. I expect that I will be the only one doing so, since he is coming off such a bad season but, i believe that was way over blown. The consecutive game streak with a pick six is fluky stat in my opinion. Also Texans fans are just plain retarded for pushing him on the bench and running him out of town.
Anyway, since you are running the polls just thought I would let you know since Schaub has yet to make an appearance on the poll.

I sort of did a bit too early. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/148435-SportsHoopla-qb-rankings-pt-10-a.html

Then, I got a write in for Dalton on the general board and added him.

What should I do? I think remove Carson Palmer and add Bradford and Schaub to the list. Palmer will return later. If someone will non-trollingly vote for someone, I should add them.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think it would be safe to remove Palmer for now. For me he is not a top 15 QB, possibly not even top 20. I also think that Tannehill would be safe to remove at least for another one vote or so.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is also throwing to one of the best WR in football too, Kaep at 26>>>Romo at 34 all day and twice on Sunday

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is also throwing to one of the best WR in football too, Kaep at 26>>>Romo at 34 all day and twice on Sunday

I wouldn't trade Kaep for Romo but I would have to say Romo is a better QB than Kaep.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not, he hasnt won a playoff game, he is a choke artist, Kaep took his team to the super bowl in 1 year

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not, he hasnt won a playoff game, he is a choke artist, Kaep took his team to the super bowl in 1 year

How come 2009 doesn't count?

Also, this is coming from a guy who thinks Josh Johnson would be a good candidate for the practice squad. It really would be nice if you would either A) Stop being so aggressively hostile to everyone who disagrees with your shitty opinions or B) Stop being so ignorant of the sport you make such declarative statements about. Both would be nice, but one is all I'm asking.

Anyway,
Brad Johnson took his team to a Superbowl and won it

Therefore Brad Johnson>>>>>Colin Kaepernick?