• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC Bias in Polls is Ridiculous

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no basis to what your saying other than opinion. so your telling me when usc lost to Stanford...voters sat there and said oh well they will probably lose 6 weeks from now so lets just drop them out of top 10. now is this a only usc "rule" as you say or do other teams get the shaft as well? I vaguely remember a florida team being ranked 24th...jumping up 6 spots after beating a unranked texas A&m team... did the voters just not happen to "accurately" know that florida would get destroyed by Louisville? how about Tennessee getting ranked last year in the first place.. guess voters missed there too..

what about miss st...they played 7 straight weeks of weak sec teams and were damn near ranked a top 10 team before playing Alabama...guess voters couldn't have know they would get handled easily by northwestern.

overall yes Alabama caught a break from voters after a&m loss that most teams in country wouldn't get. this next week should Arizona st beat #5 Stanford will Stanford drop just 3 spots like Alabama did? or will they drop completely out of top 10? I think we both no the answer...so stop pretending like your team didn't get saved by voters

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no basis to what your saying other than opinion. so your telling me when usc lost to Stanford...voters sat there and said oh well they will probably lose 6 weeks from now so lets just drop them out of top 10. now is this a only usc "rule" as you say or do other teams get the shaft as well? I vaguely remember a florida team being ranked 24th...jumping up 6 spots after beating a unranked texas A&m team... did the voters just not happen to "accurately" know that florida would get destroyed by Louisville? how about Tennessee getting ranked last year in the first place.. guess voters missed there too..

what about miss st...they played 7 straight weeks of weak sec teams and were damn near ranked a top 10 team before playing Alabama...guess voters couldn't have know they would get handled easily by northwestern.

overall yes Alabama caught a break from voters after a&m loss that most teams in country wouldn't get. this next week should Arizona st beat #5 Stanford will Stanford drop just 3 spots like Alabama did? or will they drop completely out of top 10? I think we both no the answer...so stop pretending like your team didn't get saved by voters

Once again teams that have 4 and 5 losses on the year finish in the top25 depending on SoS. Both Florida and Tennessee had tough schedules.

Voters miss all the time, that's why the polls change week to week. If they never messed up, there would never be any change. That's why USC was #1 in the preseason and still #13 after losing to Stanford. Yet you only seem to be upset that SEC teams get into the mix falsely.

And it's doubtful Stanford will drop only 3 spots, it depends on how people see their future after the game and how the game is played. For about the 5th time, all losses are not equal. That said, they likely won't drop very much in my poll, since ASU is in the top10 and Stanford is predicted to lose already. Since it's a loss that is predicted, change will be minimal unless it signifies further losses. If Stanford should win, the gain will be significant because it's not predicted and ASU will probably drop 10 or more spots.

Alabama didn't get saved by the voters, Alabama's strength is what saved the team in the polls and that strength was put on display at the end of the year as proof the voters made the right choice. Saying they got saved by the voters is to claim they weren't the best team and there you go again being silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again teams that have 4 and 5 losses on the year finish in the top25 depending on SoS. Both Florida and Tennessee had tough schedules.

Voters miss all the time, that's why the polls change week to week. If they never messed up, there would never be any change. That's why USC was #1 in the preseason and still #13 after losing to Stanford. Yet you only seem to be upset that SEC teams get into the mix falsely.

And it's doubtful Stanford will drop only 3 spots, it depends on how people see their future after the game and how the game is played. For about the 5th time, all losses are not equal. That said, they likely won't drop very much in my poll, since ASU is in the top10 and Stanford is predicted to lose already. Since it's a loss that is predicted, change will be minimal unless it signifies further losses. If Stanford should win, the gain will be significant because it's not predicted and ASU will probably drop 10 or more spots.

Alabama didn't get saved by the voters, Alabama's strength is what saved the team in the polls and that strength was put on display at the end of the year as proof the voters made the right choice. Saying they got saved by the voters is to claim they weren't the best team and there you go again being silly.

The loss to a&m suggests maybe they weren't the best team. Without looking up I'm pretty sure Oregon loss to Stanford was to a higher ranked team by a lesser margin. I'm not so sure that IF Alabama had dropped to a more reasonable 8 or so. And Oregon was voted in to play ND then who really would have complained outside of Alabama fans and team sec. Alabaman chance of losing just isnt very often due to schedule. We will never know but I think they would have to show up more often to play vs Arizona st, Arizona, Washington, ucla, Oregon st etc vs the current Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, ole miss, miss st of sec.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss to a&m suggests maybe they weren't the best team. Without looking up I'm pretty sure Oregon loss to Stanford was to a higher ranked team by a lesser margin. I'm not so sure that IF Alabama had dropped to a more reasonable 8 or so. And Oregon was voted in to play ND then who really would have complained outside of Alabama fans and team sec. Alabaman chance of losing just isnt very often due to schedule. We will never know but I think they would have to show up more often to play vs Arizona st, Arizona, Washington, ucla, Oregon st etc vs the current Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, ole miss, miss st of sec.

Stanford and Texas A&M were about equal, Alabama played the tougher schedule and that is why Alabama went over Oregon.

You keep claiming this SEC bias, but what you really want is Pac12 bias.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we combined all the SEC bias threads, I wonder how many posts that would be?