• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Zero Week

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Florida St. and Oklahoma fans. You just got the Oscar kiss of death.

From 8-26-13:

Top Tier: Alabama
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Georgia, South Carolina
3rd Tier: Clemson, Texas AM

Notes: Alabama has to be alone on the top tier. First time I've ever done that. Recent past record and the overwhelming support at the polls justifys that. This will likely change after week 1. Texas AM is 3rd Tier only if Johnny Manziel is playing the season.

Surprising Teams: Baylor, Fresno State

Disappointing Teams: USC, Texas AM

Notes: These are just hunches. Should know more when they actually play.

Heisman Trophy: Braxton Miller, Tajh Boyd, Teddy Bridgewater, J Clowney. Manziel would have to have a lights out season after his off-season problems for him to get the award.

NC Game: Alabama vs Ohio St. The easy pick right now, but I need to see the teams in action before I make a serious pick.

Top 3 Games This Week: Clemson vs Georgia, only game involving top 10 teams.
TCU vs LSU. More important for LSU
Alabama vs Virginia Tech. Alabama has to look the part as the season gets underway

What, what!!!! Everyone knows I had Florida St and Auburn in the nc game. I was the only one in the country to have that pick. I think that file has been hacked.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Florida St. and Oklahoma fans. You just got the Oscar kiss of death.

From 8-26-13:

Top Tier: Alabama
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Georgia, South Carolina
3rd Tier: Clemson, Texas AM

Notes: Alabama has to be alone on the top tier. First time I've ever done that. Recent past record and the overwhelming support at the polls justifys that. This will likely change after week 1. Texas AM is 3rd Tier only if Johnny Manziel is playing the season.

Surprising Teams: Baylor, Fresno State

Disappointing Teams: USC, Texas AM

Notes: These are just hunches. Should know more when they actually play.

Heisman Trophy: Braxton Miller, Tajh Boyd, Teddy Bridgewater, J Clowney. Manziel would have to have a lights out season after his off-season problems for him to get the award.

NC Game: Alabama vs Ohio St. The easy pick right now, but I need to see the teams in action before I make a serious pick.

Top 3 Games This Week: Clemson vs Georgia, only game involving top 10 teams.
TCU vs LSU. More important for LSU
Alabama vs Virginia Tech. Alabama has to look the part as the season gets underway

Ummmmm, I don't know if it's sarcasm or you have been living in a hole, but I highly doubt that Braxton Miller will be in the running for Heisman seeing as he is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

Never mind it's late and found the sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm, I don't know if it's sarcasm or you have been living in a hole, but I highly doubt that Braxton Miller will be in the running for Heisman seeing as he is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

That post was also from 2013 :doh:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, what!!!! Everyone knows I had Florida St and Auburn in the nc game. I was the only one in the country to have that pick. I think that file has been hacked.

I had it Florida St. vs Bama as early as Feb. 2013. I got one right at least.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notice the date. It's a reproduction of last year's picks. Teddy Bridgewater and Tajh Boyd won't win it either this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember that. How the hell does that happen?

Our headcoach was too busy banging his secretary it seems. We won the SEC the year before, got all kinds of hype and apparently when the HC buys into the hype, you really got problems.

It's actually a quite painful memory, but I've found 3 National Championships recently have lightened it a good bit.

Alabama fans call it the start of the "dark age" (2000-2007).

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in thee fuck is Florida supposed to disappoint when they're expected to suck? Perhaps, the OP will be disappointed if Florida doesn't suck.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in thee fuck is Florida supposed to disappoint when they're expected to suck? Perhaps, the OP will be disappointed if Florida doesn't suck.

Yeah, I scratched my head over that one as well.......

Florida is expected to be a top25 team this year, or at least beating on the door.

Your schedule is the biggest obstacle.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen a few people picking them to be the surprise of the year. I saw a 9-3 prediction on Bleacher Report which I read on CNN.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is expected to be a top25 team this year, or at least beating on the door.

Your schedule is the biggest obstacle.

I've seen a few people picking them to be the surprise of the year. I saw a 9-3 prediction on Bleacher Report which I read on CNN.

Yeah, I saw that shit too. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than the f'ing Bleacher Report to give me hope for our "new and exciting" offense. A whole lot more....