• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Zero Week

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost all credibility in saying Alabama was not top tier, and saying Oklahoma was. :tsk:

Alabama has yet to name their QB. Does that mean both are good or both are underachieving? They also took a lot of losses through early entry into the draft and graduation. Taking a wait and see attitude. Time will tell since no one has yet played.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fish_Hooked_05-FishHookInMansMouth.jpg

:noidea:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has yet to name their QB. Does that mean both are good or both are underachieving? They also took a lot of losses through early entry into the draft and graduation. Taking a wait and see attitude. Time will tell since no one has yet played.

My point is this: Oklahoma hasn't won an outright BIG12 Championship since 2010. They have lost to Baylor twice in 3 years. They lost to a soft Texas team last year. They were not even in the running for the conference title in Week 14. Alabama has won 3 of the last 5 national titles. They narrowly missed out last year.

So a team that has lost out to the likes of Kansas State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas(mind you a weaker Texas) and Oklahoma State is considered top tier....and FINALLY win a BCS Bowl... over Oregon, Stanford, AND Alabama? Come on man... at LEAST list more teams as top tier. I wouldn't have even blinked if you had all those teams top tier WITH Oklahoma as well. But to say they are in a higher echelon over the past several years, even this year, is a joke.

Would you even have them LISTED as top tier had they not beaten Alabama? If you were doing this to troll, congrats. You got me. I sure hope you aren't being serious...

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is this: Oklahoma hasn't won an outright BIG12 Championship since 2010. They have lost to Baylor twice in 3 years. They lost to a soft Texas team last year. They were not even in the running for the conference title in Week 14. Alabama has won 3 of the last 5 national titles. They narrowly missed out last year.

So a team that has lost out to the likes of Kansas State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas(mind you a weaker Texas) and Oklahoma State is considered top tier....and FINALLY win a BCS Bowl... over Oregon, Stanford, AND Alabama? Come on man... at LEAST list more teams as top tier. I wouldn't have even blinked if you had all those teams top tier WITH Oklahoma as well. But to say they are in a higher echelon over the past several years, even this year, is a joke.

Would you even have them LISTED as top tier had they not beaten Alabama? If you were doing this to troll, congrats. You got me. I sure hope you aren't being serious...

This is about the 4th year I've done this. I update it every week. The 2 teams in the top tier are the only 2 teams besides Marshall, that I think have a decent chance to run the table. If that occurs, they will likely be ranked 1 and 2. That is the basis for the top tier ranking, at least until the actual games start. Remember this is only a pre-season guess based on some logic, returning players, and taking a look at the team's actual players.

Oklahoma obviously improved as the season went on. I don't know if their win over Alabama was due in part to Bama likely not being really up for the game.

Let's just see how week 1 goes. There will likely be a lot of shuffling after the 1st week.

I don't troll and if you notice I didn't have either of my two teams that I support on the list and as a Texas fan, you have to know I'm not a supporter of Oklahoma.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the 4th year I've done this. I update it every week. The 2 teams in the top tier are the only 2 teams besides Marshall, that I think have a decent chance to run the table. If that occurs, they will likely be ranked 1 and 2. That is the basis for the top tier ranking, at least until the actual games start. Remember this is only a pre-season guess based on some logic, returning players, and taking a look at the team's actual players.

Oklahoma obviously improved as the season went on. I don't know if their win over Alabama was due in part to Bama likely not being really up for the game.

Let's just see how week 1 goes. There will likely be a lot of shuffling after the 1st week.

I don't troll and if you notice I didn't have either of my two teams that I support on the list and as a Texas fan, you have to know I'm not a supporter of Oklahoma.

Okay, that's what you meant :lol:

yeah I don't even see Alabama winning the West this year. But they are still top tier, that's all I was saying.

Cool list bro.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Florida State, Oklahoma
2nd Tier: Michigan State, South Carolina, UCLA, Oregon, Alabama
3rd Tier: Baylor, Auburn

Analysis: These are the teams in exact order as I have them ranked.

Most Surprising: Louisville, Brigham Young, Rutgers

Most Disappointing: USC, Texas, Clemson, Florida

Analysis: All are projections of course. Louisville could wind up number 2 team in ACC. BYU is a sleeper with a decent schedule. No one is looking at Rutgers which has a lot of offense starters back.

PAC 12 is too strong for everyone to do well and USC looks like the team that may fall off the radar. Texas has QB problems in a league that stresses offense. Clemson's losses will be difficult to overcome. Florida with a murderous schedule.

Heisman Trophy: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariotta, Nick Marshall, Brett Hundley, Todd Gurley.

Analysis: No surprises here. Just start with the favorites. College football is a QB game and it'll be tough for anyone not a QB to crack the top 4.

Playoffs: Florida St, Oklahoma, Michigan State and South Carolina.

Analysis: These are the teams that will have the best records and all will be conference champions. South Carolina will be the most challenged. If the PAC 12 gets in, then look for UCLA to be there.
Champion will be FLORIDA STATE.

Biggest Games This Week:

Florida St vs Oklahoma St
Georgia vs Clemson
Texas AM vs South Carolina
LSU vs Wisconsin

Analysis: All games feature both teams in the top 25. Look for Florida State to overpower Oklahoma St. Georgia should win by 2 TD's over Clemson. South Carolina by at least 10 over Texas AM. LSU and Wisconsin almost too close to call. QB play will make the difference here and those are big unknowns. Take the SEC and LSU.

Louisville comes off recent BCS exposure. Now they lose their star QB and head coach. Not sure what they could do to be "most surprising"?

Texas finished unranked and has a brand new coaching staff. We are barely ranked in 1 poll and unranked in another. Not really sure what we could do to be "most disappointing"?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Bammers not even letting Oscar have his weekly thread without panties in a bunch

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that's what you meant :lol:

yeah I don't even see Alabama winning the West this year. But they are still top tier, that's all I was saying.

Cool list bro.

If we can't win the west, we aren't top tier.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't win the west, we aren't top tier.

The past several years, the 2nd best team in the West has been a top tier team.

2010 Arkansas/LSU
2011 Alabama
2012 Texas A&M
2013 Alabama

Or at least, if nothing else, better than 98 % of the other FBS teams in the country.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville comes off recent BCS exposure. Now they lose their star QB and head coach. Not sure what they could do to be "most surprising"?

Texas finished unranked and has a brand new coaching staff. We are barely ranked in 1 poll and unranked in another. Not really sure what we could do to be "most disappointing"?

Likely number 2 in the ACC as I see it. They could be in the top 10 at some point this year. Texas could really go in the dumper if anything happens to David Ash. It could be real garbage time if that happens. Ash could be the Texas version of Sam Bradford. Big 12 is a high scoring league and without a good QB, there are problems.

Remember I'm a Texas fan.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Bammers not even letting Oscar have his weekly thread without panties in a bunch

Alabama will have it's chance on Saturday. They need to win by at least 17 to have a decent showing. West Virginia is just not that good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past several years, the 2nd best team in the West has been a top tier team.

2010 Arkansas/LSU
2011 Alabama
2012 Texas A&M
2013 Alabama

Or at least, if nothing else, better than 98 % of the other FBS teams in the country.

In 2011 and 2013 - we could have won the west, we just didn't. And last year we dropped a step as a team(not talent).

Texas A&M wasn't top tier in 2012, they weren't even top3 in the SEC. They were beaten by Florida and LSU.

Arkansas in 2010 had the same record we did, 10-3. And LSU was better, but lost to Arkansas and Auburn.

:noidea:

When I think top tier, I'm thinking likely going to get into the playoffs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama will have it's chance on Saturday. They need to win by at least 17 to have a decent showing. West Virginia is just not that good.

Careful kitty, it'd be an awful shame if you were wrong.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful kitty, it'd be an awful shame if you were wrong.

If there is an upset, half the board will be celebrating and the other half will be crying. When was the last time Alabama lost it's opener?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an upset, half the board will be celebrating and the other half will be crying. When was the last time Alabama lost it's opener?

2000 we started #3 and only won 3 games all year. Lost the opener to UCLA.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, outside of the SEC, the best chance Florida has to probe anything before bowl season is against FAU.
Eff. Ay. You.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU vs Wisconsin and MSU vs Oregon are games with implications that will change the season for the losing teams.

For Wisconsin and MSU, a loss may virtually eliminate playoff hopes even if one of them wins out, as the remaining SOS may not give them enough quality wins as a 1 loss team to get into the top 4.

For LSU and Oregon, a loss could keep them out as their conference slates are difficult, and another loss is fairly likely. A 2 loss team making the top 4 will be tough.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU vs Wisconsin and MSU vs Oregon are games with implications that will change the season for the losing teams.

For Wisconsin and MSU, a loss may virtually eliminate playoff hopes even if one of them wins out, as the remaining SOS may not give them enough quality wins as a 1 loss team to get into the top 4.

For LSU and Oregon, a loss could keep them out as their conference slates are difficult, and another loss is fairly likely. A 2 loss team making the top 4 will be tough.

I think Michigan State could survive a loss to Oregon and still make the playoff. Pac 12 is pretty tough and the best teams might all have 2 losses. Best team from the SEC will probably have 1 loss. Oklahoma likely has to run the table to make the playoff.

Don't see either LSU or Wisconsin making the playoffs either way.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Florida St. and Oklahoma fans. You just got the Oscar kiss of death.

From 8-26-13:

The Season So Far-Zero Week

Top Tier: Alabama
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Georgia, South Carolina
3rd Tier: Clemson, Texas AM

Notes: Alabama has to be alone on the top tier. First time I've ever done that. Recent past record and the overwhelming support at the polls justifys that. This will likely change after week 1. Texas AM is 3rd Tier only if Johnny Manziel is playing the season.

Surprising Teams: Baylor, Fresno State

Disappointing Teams: USC, Texas AM

Notes: These are just hunches. Should know more when they actually play.

Heisman Trophy: Braxton Miller, Tajh Boyd, Teddy Bridgewater, J Clowney. Manziel would have to have a lights out season after his off-season problems for him to get the award.

NC Game: Alabama vs Ohio St. The easy pick right now, but I need to see the teams in action before I make a serious pick.

Top 3 Games This Week: Clemson vs Georgia, only game involving top 10 teams.
TCU vs LSU. More important for LSU
Alabama vs Virginia Tech. Alabama has to look the part as the season gets underway