• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 4

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 4

1st 4: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma

2nd 4: Ohio State, LSU, Wisconsin, Auburn

3rd 4: Florida, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas

Analysis: A lot of movement in the lower half of the to 25, but the top 10 is virtually the same. Getting worried about all the Alabama injuries, and Clemson seems to be going through the motion. Georgia, impressive enough at home to beat a good ND team which kept ND in my top 12. No major clashes this week so expect the ratings to be similar.

Playoff teams: Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State.

Analysis: Going for something different here. Alabama is still waiting for it’s first quality opponent. Competition is still tough in SEC and I think they could lose. Oklahoma looks like they have a one game season with their game against Texas. Ohio State has a tough schedule with the game vs Wisconsin looming the largest.

Most surprising: LSU, Wisconsin, California, and Virginia.

Analysis: LSU’s surprising surge is being led by QB Joe Burrow. Expected them to be top 10, but now look like they could challenge for SEC championship. Need to clean up defense. Wisconsin, much better than advertised and could yet win the Big 10. California is a surprise undefeated team, but likely won’t run the gamut. The tough stuff starts in October with a visit to Oregon. Virginia has been a bit lucky, barely escaping from Old Dominion. If their for real, it should be a contest with ND, but can’t see them winning.

Most disappointing: Michigan, Tennessee, Arkansas, and UCLA

Analysis: Hard to lead off with a 2-1 team, but Michigan has looked bad in all 3 of their games. Tough Big 10 schedule likely means more losses. Tennessee continues to disappoint. It’s been a few years since they had a decent team and this doesn’t look like it. Arkansas hit rock bottom with a loss to San Jose St and a lot of ranked teams remain. UCLA just makes the list despite a win with a stunning comeback against Washington State. It’s just possible they could turn it around.

Heisman Trophy: Jalin Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Jonathan Walker

Analysis: Trevor Lawrence, the pre-season favorite had another so-so game, so he’s no longer on the list. He could be a victim of Clemson playing almost nobody. Jalin Hurts was off, but he, Tua, Joe, and Justin seem locked in a QB struggle for the trophy. It will take a major game to establish a clear leader. Jonathan Walker also pulled early, and that will hurt his overall stats.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Ohio State-Nebraska, Virginia-Notre Dame, USC-Washington.

Analysis: No top 10 matchups this week, but again it’s the lower half of the top 25 that likely will have a shakeup. If Ohio State comes out with passion, there is no way that Nebraska can match up with them. Closer than it looks, about 38-24. ND still has a chance for a playoff berth, but surprising Virginia stands in their way. At home, ND should win by at least 14. The PAC 12 is hard to figure, but this could eliminate one team from the playoffs, and possible from the conference title. An edge to Washington at home by 3. Washington 20-17

Big games in October: Iowa-Michigan, Wisconsin-Ohio State, Oklahoma-Texas, California-Oregon, Oregon-Washington, Alabama-Texas AM, Auburn-Florida, Auburn-LSU, Florida-LSU.

Analysis: Blockbuster games in October highlighted by a lot of the SEC powers playing each other. Hard to see Auburn surviving 2 brutal away games. Alabama has to go to AM, but Tua T should get them by. Wisconsin-Ohio State could be the first of two games they play this year, with the Big 10 title possibly being a replay. Oklahoma and Texas should settle the Big 12, and again a re-match could be in the works.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heisman Trophy: Jalin Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Jonathan Walker

Analysis: Trevor Lawrence, the pre-season favorite had another so-so game, so he’s no longer on the list. He could be a victim of Clemson playing almost nobody. Jalin Hurts was off, but he, Tua, Joe, and Justin seem locked in a QB struggle for the trophy. It will take a major game to establish a clear leader. Jonathan Walker also pulled early, and that will hurt his overall stats.

I am going to assume your meant Jonathan Taylor. Although pulled early, he still went for 203 yards against a P5 defense while missing the 2nd quarter.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to assume your meant Jonathan Taylor. Although pulled early, he still went for 203 yards against a P5 defense while missing the 2nd quarter.

Y'know, getting old sucks. You're right. Look at his running yardage. It's in the 400's. Gonna be tough to get to 2000.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is wanting some Johnnie Walker

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know, getting old sucks. You're right. Look at his running yardage. It's in the 400's. Gonna be tough to get to 2000.

One of the problems with being on a dominant team. I don't know if he has played 1/2 the snaps so far this season. It's always tough to get 2000 but not undoable. Should have 11 more games, 1560 yards to go. He is averaging that now. When he gets more snaps and carries going forward, I don't see 2000 as unthinkable.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia is not very good, they are ranked 18th only based on starting in the top 25 and being undefeated. I dont think they are near a top 20 team in reality though.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the problems with being on a dominant team. I don't know if he has played 1/2 the snaps so far this season. It's always tough to get 2000 but not undoable. Should have 11 more games, 1560 yards to go. He is averaging that now. When he gets more snaps and carries going forward, I don't see 2000 as unthinkable.

Well it's actually better to finish strong than to start fast. Not many of the leading contenders have played a whole game either.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia is not very good, they are ranked 18th only based on starting in the top 25 and being undefeated. I dont think they are near a top 20 team in reality though.

You might be right. Let's see how close they stay to ND this weekend.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of our problems stem from our offense. Mainly Perkins takes too long a lot of times making decisions and by the time he makes them, the defense is already swarming him. Also, Anae (our OC) didn't seem to learn his lesson from the VT game last year about playing conservative on offense.
The main issue our defense has that I've seen is we've had a hard time stopping teams when they go no huddle.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@olympicoscar i really hope this weekly post never goes away. It’s one thing I look forward to every week during college football season.