• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 4

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Alabama, Oregon
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Clemson, Stanford, LSU
3rd Tier: Florida St, Texas AM, Georgia

Oregon is now very close to Alabama. Almost made them number 1 this week.

Biggest Surprises: Baylor, UCF, Fresno St, Maryland, Miami, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Washington

Biggest Disappointments: Boise St, Florida, USC, Texas

Heisman Trophy: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, AJ McCarron, Marcus Mariotta, Tahj Boyd.

NC: Alabama vs Oregon

Biggest games this week:

Georgia vs LSU
Alabama vs Mississippi
Ohio St vs Wisconsin
Notre Dame vs Oklahoma

Analysis: This is a big week for a shift in the polls. If Alabama has problems, then Oregon will pass them in the polls. If Oklahoma has designs on playing in the nc game, they must beat ND. Georgia-LSU winner should jump in the polls and be a major contender for the SEC.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff here Oscar. I'd almost put Michigan in your disappointments list. They were up to a near top 10 team before the last 2 weeks and now there are arguments being made for them not even being top 25. Definitely agree with your tiers, though I'd say right now Oregon is the #1 team in the nation and to be honest, there's a sizable difference between them and Alabama. If those two played right now, I'd have Oregon by 14 or so.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, North Carolina still sucks. Basketball, anyone? LOL

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff here Oscar. I'd almost put Michigan in your disappointments list. They were up to a near top 10 team before the last 2 weeks and now there are arguments being made for them not even being top 25. Definitely agree with your tiers, though I'd say right now Oregon is the #1 team in the nation and to be honest, there's a sizable difference between them and Alabama. If those two played right now, I'd have Oregon by 14 or so.

I've been thinking that also about Alabama. Could be real interesting this weekend with Mississippi coming to town.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has looked better than any college team this year. At least they played an SEC team, which is more than Baylor, which also looks great has done. Baylor has played no one and pounded the piss out of every team.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia-LSU winner should jump in the polls and be a major contender for the SEC.

The way it works with the SEC divisions, UGa can lose to LSU and still play in the SECCG so long as they run their SEC table - toughest game left being UF (UT, AU, Vandy, Mizzou, Ky). That's the importance of winning that second game every year against USCe.

A loss to LSU would definitely eliminate UGa from NC hopes. But we would still be in control of our SEC destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis: This is a big week for a shift in the polls. If Alabama has problems, then Oregon will pass them in the polls. If Oklahoma has designs on playing in the nc game, they must beat ND. Georgia-LSU winner should jump in the polls and be a major contender for the SEC.
------
THE team that has surprised me (and the season is young) is Baylor. Don't think they can continue scoring 70 points a week but they're on a roll right now

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd put BSU as one of my biggest disappointments.

They are still the favored to win their division and will. Heck they should win out the rest of the season.

Their only 2 loses came on the road, one to a much improved UW and the other to Fresno st who some have picked to win the MWC.

I picked BSU to lose both of those, initially. At the last minute I picked them to beat UW due to the last second benching of ASJ. ooops.

Other than panicking at that move BSU is right where I thought they would be. From here on out it's total domination for them.

Most people knew BSU would be down this year, but the smart moneys on them going 10-2 and getting a rematch with Fresno in the ccg.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are still the favored to win their division and will. Heck they should win out the rest of the season.

Their only 2 loses came on the road, one to a much improved UW and the other to Fresno st who some have picked to win the MWC.

I picked BSU to lose both of those, initially. At the last minute I picked them to beat UW due to the last second benching of ASJ. ooops.

Other than panicking at that move BSU is right where I thought they would be. From here on out it's total domination for them.

Most people knew BSU would be down this year, but the smart moneys on them going 10-2 and getting a rematch with Fresno in the ccg.
-------
And if Boise does go 10-2, I'm willing to bet they beat Fresno the next time.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talking up Oregon scares the hell out of me.

Why? Not talking about them won't change their annual disappointment that sends them to a Rose Bowl loss or your prized Fiesta Bowl blowout...

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really big weekend for the college football landscape the rest of the year. UGA/LSU gets big jump, a Bama loss shakes everything up, OSU and Wisky prolly the biggest conference game for them, imo, and an Oklahoma win makes them look really good going forward

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can still win the MWC, but two losses this early seems like a disappointment to me.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is clearly a very big weekend for college football. It will set up the framework for the rest of the season.

Is OSU definitely the team to beat. Who will challenge Alabama? Will it be Georgia or LSU? If Bama loses will they completely disappear from the nc picture? Does Oklahoma have a chance to run the table and make a surprise appearance in the nc game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon?

Also, Louisville may not have been hot the last two weeks, but they still belong in Tier 3.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon?

Also, Louisville may not have been hot the last two weeks, but they still belong in Tier 3.

Just not sure about them. Bridgewater could play for anyone, but the rest of the team, eh.