• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Santa Clara crowd sucks!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium looked great on TV...these newer venues (sans SEA) with all the new techie stuff rarely have the flavor and noise of the older venues they're replacing, but 9er fans are 9er fans, 50 miles? 80 to 90% of the fan base will be the same people who were regulars at Candlestick.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet as a library during the Bronco's first possession, fans more interested in the WiFi then whats happening on the field, I have a bad feeling about this stadium and its new clientele Santa Clara is a very generic, soulless, bland suburban nightmare. If we ever go down a couple scores in the regular season expect the crowd to become silent.

I don't think its possible for you to be anymore clueless?...

I don't think have you ever tuned into a Sharks game? I think it would be a safe bet to say no. The tank rocks to the bitter end, and to call us soulless just displays your ignorance. Like others have stated, we were already filling up the stick and 80 -90% of the fans will be the same during the regular season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's sad really, the city has no connection to the team anymore. SF was 49ers country.

The Giants have been a huge success in their location, the 49er owners were stupid not to build right next door.

Now they have a generic stadium where only white geeks live and visit. In Santa Clara. The WASP fans will be on their tablets all game long.

That may be true, and I think it's a concern. But then I got to thinking about it, and you're also basically describing the city of Seattle, and they do just fine in terms of volume on game day. I'm interested to see how this shakes out.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Levi's is totally void of soul right now.

Soul comes from the fans, not the building. I think the concerns are valid, but I don't know that any brand new football stadium has "soul" independent of the people occupying it. Baseball is a little different because of unique dimensions.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous specially based on one preseason game.... did you expect to have a playoff atmosphere??

I was at the game and the crowd was just fine! We'll see come first game and that will be a better barometer of what crowd shows up!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That may be true, and I think it's a concern. But then I got to thinking about it, and you're also basically describing the city of Seattle, and they do just fine in terms of volume on game day. I'm interested to see how this shakes out.

I will say the brilliant thing the Seahawks did was sell their fans on the idea of having an impact on the game in being the "12th man" and taking pride in it.

By doing that the casual fan who is normally clueless in how to cheer is going to pay even more attention and everybody in the stadium is going to get involved in cheering and HOW to cheer.

The 9ers would do well in "training" it's casual fans in how to cheer and ironically the rivalry with Seattle might help to do that as it seems that 9er fans are starting to pay more and more attention when it comes to cheering.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will say the brilliant thing the Seahawks did was sell their fans on the idea of having an impact on the game in being the "12th man" and taking pride in it.

By doing that the casual fan who is normally clueless in how to cheer is going to pay even more attention and everybody in the stadium is going to get involved in cheering and HOW to cheer.

The 9ers would do well in "training" it's casual fans in how to cheer and ironically the rivalry with Seattle might help to do that as it seems that 9er fans are starting to pay more and more attention when it comes to cheering.

Yeah, it really is a tremendous accomplishment that has paid huge dividends for them. I lived in Seattle for nearly six years, and I know a lot of "diehard Hawks fans" who couldn't name half of the starting 22 - I've embarrassed several of them by naming substantially more starters than they could - but they go to the games and cheer their heads off. A lot of the stadium noise has to do with the architecture, not just the awnings but it's also a really steep stadium compared to Candlestick and now Levis, but they have certainly managed to engage the crowd. I'd love to see the same thing happen at Levi's.