• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Santa Clara crowd sucks!!

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet as a library during the Bronco's first possession, fans more interested in the WiFi then whats happening on the field, I have a bad feeling about this stadium and its new clientele Santa Clara is a very generic, soulless, bland suburban nightmare. If we ever go down a couple scores in the regular season expect the crowd to become silent.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad really, the city has no connection to the team anymore. SF was 49ers country.

The Giants have been a huge success in their location, the 49er owners were stupid not to build right next door.

Now they have a generic stadium where only white geeks live and visit. In Santa Clara. The WASP fans will be on their tablets all game long.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad really, the city has no connection to the team anymore. SF was 49ers country.

The Giants have been a huge success in their location, the 49er owners were stupid not to build right next door.

Now they have a generic stadium where only white geeks live and visit. In Santa Clara. The WASP fans will be on their tablets all game long.

I see how you feel. I've heard of a good number of long time season ticket holders having to give up their tix due to the cost. I imagine alot of the South Bay Tech Geeks are going to pick those up. I was thinking it could turn into more a coroprate crowd. At the same time, it is very difficult to get a stadium built in SF, especially with what the 49ers wanted to do. I would also add that I believe a larger percentage of fans live outside of SF.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see how you feel. I've heard of a good number of long time season ticket holders having to give up their tix due to the cost. I imagine alot of the South Bay Tech Geeks are going to pick those up. I was thinking it could turn into more a coroprate crowd. At the same time, it is very difficult to get a stadium built in SF, especially with what the 49ers wanted to do. I would also add that I believe a larger percentage of fans live outside of SF.

I agree, you cant blame the owners, it's an issue with the amount of money that city residents didnt want to deal with it. The Giants were able to do what they did because much of the money for that stadium didnt involve additional taxes for city residents.

Also, lets not forget SF is a city of less than 1 million folks. It would have been nice to have a stadium built in the city, but it didnt work out that way. Its unfortunate bc the city dev team in Santa Clara has really dropped the ball with the parking and transportation situation with Levi's. Ive had numerous buddies and cousins of mine either attend practices or the Earthquakes game, only to say that driving to and from the stadium absolutely blows. Thats where Santa Clara is a rookie compared to the city - it seems that the only peeps who aren't having issues going here are people who live in Santa Clara county. In the past you also had transportation that takes you directly to the old stadium unlike this crap with Levi's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Quiet as a library during the Bronco's first possession, fans more interested in the WiFi then whats happening on the field, I have a bad feeling about this stadium and its new clientele Santa Clara is a very generic, soulless, bland suburban nightmare. If we ever go down a couple scores in the regular season expect the crowd to become silent.

We're never going to be confused for the 12th man but I expect it to be more rowdy when the games actually count and the new stadium smell wears off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're never going to be confused for the 12th man but I expect it to be more rowdy when the games actually count and the new stadium smell wears off.

Crowd looked awesome. We usually don't sell out preseason games and this stadium was packed and loud for the 1st Q.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you cant blame the owners, it's an issue with the amount of money that city residents didnt want to deal with it. The Giants were able to do what they did because much of the money for that stadium didnt involve additional taxes for city residents.

Also, lets not forget SF is a city of less than 1 million folks. It would have been nice to have a stadium built in the city, but it didnt work out that way. Its unfortunate bc the city dev team in Santa Clara has really dropped the ball with the parking and transportation situation with Levi's. Ive had numerous buddies and cousins of mine either attend practices or the Earthquakes game, only to say that driving to and from the stadium absolutely blows. Thats where Santa Clara is a rookie compared to the city - it seems that the only peeps who aren't having issues going here are people who live in Santa Clara county. In the past you also had transportation that takes you directly to the old stadium unlike this crap with Levi's.

I don't think any public money went to the Giants park otherwise voters would have never approved it. Two prior ballpark votes failed. Inside SF there is a strong organized NIMBY element that fights against ballpark measures. Had any public monies been involved, they would have fought it tooth and nail

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,579.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fan here.

Your new stadium is BEAUTIFUL! Yes being so far away from the old one will hurt at first but if the team continues on it's winning ways people will start to travel more freely. They will not mind the distance for the most part. Still i have to wonder had the Hawks had to go 50 miles from their old stadium how that would have been. I lived 25 miles away from the stadium so had they moved south it would not have effected me much but lets say they went north to Everett... that would mean a 75 mile drive. Also i mean can you really call a team by a city name when they live in a different City? If the Hawks had moved to Everett i am sure people would have started calling them the Everett Seahawks.

As for the Noise in your new stadium, hey they said they got a bank of speakers in the open end... then they changed the subject. Why would they bring up speakers when talking about crowd noise? lol

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they should have reintroduced this promotion:

Baqr2KXCcAA-6Ly.jpg:large

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. Please create a shit talking thread on your page too. This chivalry crap is boring. Let's have some fun!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:

The majority of the people who went to the old stadium already came from the south bay, so I don't know what you are talking about honestly. The stadium is likely closer for people now, not further away.

I'm not even a niners fan and I'm kind of bummed that I moved out of the area before being able to check out the new stadium. There is a chance I may be moving back, and if I do I can't wait to go to a game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, I certainly hope nobody is trying to say the other stadium was loud. I've only been to a few stadiums, but if the old stadium was considered "loud", color me unimpressed and I have no idea why people think home crowds make a difference.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they should have reintroduced this promotion:

Baqr2KXCcAA-6Ly.jpg:large

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. Please create a shit talking thread on your page too. This chivalry crap is boring. Let's have some fun!

There is a smack talk thread here. And that is where this belongs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fan here.

Your new stadium is BEAUTIFUL! Yes being so far away from the old one will hurt at first but if the team continues on it's winning ways people will start to travel more freely. They will not mind the distance for the most part. Still i have to wonder had the Hawks had to go 50 miles from their old stadium how that would have been. I lived 25 miles away from the stadium so had they moved south it would not have effected me much but lets say they went north to Everett... that would mean a 75 mile drive. Also i mean can you really call a team by a city name when they live in a different City? If the Hawks had moved to Everett i am sure people would have started calling them the Everett Seahawks.

As for the Noise in your new stadium, hey they said they got a bank of speakers in the open end... then they changed the subject. Why would they bring up speakers when talking about crowd noise? lol

The distance is misleading as a large contingent of fans lives on the SF Peninsula including the South Bay. It is not quite that far a drive for a good portion of the fan base.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The distance is misleading as a large contingent of fans lives on the SF Peninsula including the South Bay. It is not quite that far a drive for a good portion of the fan base.

I agree, the distance doesn't matter.
Not trying to stir shit, but being down 17-0 at the half can have an effect on the crowd.
I am curious how much a season ticket is in the cheap seats.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the distance doesn't matter.
Not trying to stir shit, but being down 17-0 at the half can have an effect on the crowd.
I am curious how much a season ticket is in the cheap seats.

I don't know how much the tickets are but they are too much for me. The ticket prices went up substantially. It is beyond my budget for entertainment. There is a ton of money in Silicon Valley and people willing to spend it.