• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sacramento Queens Have Fired Mike Malone

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad move. The Kings had been playing quite well this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got fired for philosophy reasons over on court results. Kings management just don't agree with how he does things. Which makes you wonder why they didn't do this over this past summer. It's not like they didn't have friction until just now. The funny thing is, even despite this bumbling, they could end up with a better coach if they land George Karl.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move if the Sacramento Queens pick up George Karl who is willing and ready to coach. That would be a huge upgrade

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got fired for philosophy reasons over on court results. Kings management just don't agree with how he does things. Which makes you wonder why they didn't do this over this past summer. It's not like they didn't have friction until just now. The funny thing is, even despite this bumbling, they could end up with a better coach if they land George Karl.

What did they have a problem with?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they have a problem with?

Lots of stuff. They were basically opposites. Amongst the stuff out there, the owner wants the team to play faster, Malone wants to play slower and thru Boogie. The GM was also hired after the coach so it rarely works out if the GM doesn't have a coach he hired. Like management wanted to trade for Josh Smith over the summer and Malone was opposed to it.

And it keeps getting reported but I can't believe its that serious just because its so damn ridiculous, but supposedly the owner wants the team to try out a 4 on 5 defensive line up where one guy hangs back to cherry pick shots. Malone obviously said no but the owner wants to try it out because apparently it worked in his 12 year old daughter's rec league. I shit you not, that's what has been reported. I did not make that up.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of stuff. They were basically opposites. Amongst the stuff out there, the owner wants the team to play faster, Malone wants to play slower and thru Boogie. The GM was also hired after the coach so it rarely works out if the GM doesn't have a coach he hired. Like management wanted to trade for Josh Smith over the summer and Malone was opposed to it.

And it keeps getting reported but I can't believe its that serious just because its so damn ridiculous, but supposedly the owner wants the team to try out a 4 on 5 defensive line up where one guy hangs back to cherry pick shots. Malone obviously said no but the owner wants to try it out because apparently it worked in his 12 year old daughter's rec league. I shit you not, that's what has been reported. I did not make that up.

:L

Lord, bless Sacramento. That's all I can say.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know media ripped Lacob for firing Jackson it's turned out fine. Let's see how this turns out. Although I think Malone is a good coach

It's turned out fine so far. If they don't get any further under Kerr than they did under Jackson, then it's a wash.

Jackson was fired because the Warriors are title contenders and and their FO didn't feel he was the guy to get them to that next step. It's similar to when the Lakers fired Del Harris and brought in Phil. Del Harris was a good coach, but he was only going to get the Lakers so far. Championship windows tend to close fairly quickly, so teams have to act quickly if they feel the guy they can't get the job done.

Sacramento is just trying to get back to being competitive, they need to be more patient with a coach and allow him to develop his players before deciding to make a change. The first thing they need is to establish some consistency and changing coaches doesn't do that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, saw that. Hey, he won a championship with that 12 year old girls team. How could it possibly not work in the NBA?:lol:

It reminds me of that show that followed the L.A. Kiss throughout their first season in the Arena Football League. The GM got it in his head that they should onside kick on every kickoff. He even had some convoluted "stats" to back up why it would work and he made the coaches do it.:L

Needless to say, it failed miserably, just like the coaches told him it would.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's turned out fine so far. If they don't get any further under Kerr than they did under Jackson, then it's a wash.

Jackson was fired because the Warriors are title contenders and and their FO didn't feel he was the guy to get them to that next step. It's similar to when the Lakers fired Del Harris and brought in Phil. Del Harris was a good coach, but he was only going to get the Lakers so far. Championship windows tend to close fairly quickly, so teams have to act quickly if they feel the guy they can't get the job done.

Sacramento is just trying to get back to being competitive, they need to be more patient with a coach and allow him to develop his players before deciding to make a change. The first thing they need is to establish some consistency and changing coaches doesn't do that.

I dont agree that its a wash. Its night and day between jackson and kerr. West is even more tough now than ever. They can run into OKC in the first round than the spurs in the 2nd round and lose it in 7. That to me is much better than what jackson has done because theyre playing the best of the best. But jackson did a decent job but just wasnt the guy to get them to far. The West is crazy so i wouldnt be suprised if we match up with OKC first. We will see.

But for Malone i think they should of gave him more time also

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree that its a wash. Its night and day between jackson and kerr. West is even more tough now than ever. They can run into OKC in the first round than the spurs in the 2nd round and lose it in 7. That to me is much better than what jackson has done because theyre playing the best of the best. But jackson did a decent job but just wasnt the guy to get them to far. The West is crazy so i wouldnt be suprised if we match up with OKC first. We will see.

Man you are trying real hard, to prove that Kerr is doing a better job than Jackson. "Night and day" between the two? Come on man, Jackson turned tgat franchise around and Kerr has only coached 20+ games. Give Kerr some time to prove himself and stop rushing to prove that the Warriors made the greatest decision to fire Jackson.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not quite night and day but the Warriors are quite visibly better under Kerr than Jackson. They aren't a one dimensional team that just played good defense. They're loads better on offense and better coaching has engaged the entire roster into the gameplan to utilize each guy's specific strengths. Despite having talent, the Ws never could make their bench work under Jackson and struggled to find line ups that worked. So far under Kerr, they're one of the deepest teams in the league and David Lee hasn't even been a factor yet.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are trying real hard, to prove that Kerr is doing a better job than Jackson. "Night and day" between the two? Come on man, Jackson turned tgat franchise around and Kerr has only coached 20+ games. Give Kerr some time to prove himself and stop rushing to prove that the Warriors made the greatest decision to fire Jackson.

If you watch the team every day like I do it's easy to see Kerr is much better than jackson. Maybe not night and day but clearly much better. He also has a top defensive coach Adams. Also a top offensive coach Alvin gentry. Kerr seems to know how to get the most out of every player. Green, barnes, speights, klay, was also getting a lot out of lee when he was playing in the preseason. Barnes is the biggest one he's made better. And it's obvious why he's better. He knows how to get him the ball without having to go ISO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not quite night and day but the Warriors are quite visibly better under Kerr than Jackson. They aren't a one dimensional team that just played good defense. They're loads better on offense and better coaching has engaged the entire roster into the gameplan to utilize each guy's specific strengths. Despite having talent, the Ws never could make their bench work under Jackson and struggled to find line ups that worked. So far under Kerr, they're one of the deepest teams in the league and David Lee hasn't even been a factor yet.

Now this man deserves an A+ :yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the goal is to win championship's and the team gets no farther than they did under the previous coach, it's a wash. It doesn't matter how much better the team appears to be in the regular season if it doesn't translate to playoff success.

If GSW makes it farther than they did under Jackson, then you can point to improvement. Under Del Harris, the Lakers, who had gone through a couple of down years, became a very good regular season team, but couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. That's why the switch was made to Phil. However, if Phil came in and couldn't get the Lakers any further than Harris had, it would have been a wash.

Kerr was brought in because the Warriors FO believed that Jackson had taken them as far as he was going to. People can bring up personality issues, offensive system or whatever they want, but if the Warriors FO believed Jackson could get them where they want to go, he'd still be the coach.

This "the West is so deep" is pretty much an excuse in case the Warriors don't make it any farther. Bottom line is, if they have the coach and roster to win the Western Conference, they will. If not, they won't.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the goal is to win championship's and the team gets no farther than they did under the previous coach, it's a wash. It doesn't matter how much better the team appears to be in the regular season if it doesn't translate to playoff success.

If GSW makes it farther than they did under Jackson, then you can point to improvement. Under Del Harris, the Lakers, who had gone through a couple of down years, became a very good regular season team, but couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. That's why the switch was made to Phil. However, if Phil came in and couldn't get the Lakers any further than Harris had, it would have been a wash.

Kerr was brought in because the Warriors FO believed that Jackson had taken them as far as he was going to. People can bring up personality issues, offensive system or whatever they want, but if the Warriors FO believed Jackson could get them where they want to go, he'd still be the coach.

This "the West is so deep" is pretty much an excuse in case the Warriors don't make it any farther. Bottom line is, if they have the coach and roster to win the Western Conference, they will. If not, they won't.

I'm willing to give it 2 years atleast before I judge. But I believe this team can win 60+ games and go to the conference finals and maybe the finals. We will see. The first step should be to get to the conference finals.