• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The plot thickens with P.J.

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what originally seemed like a minor offense, new information reveals PJ's stop included a possible gun and 43 grams of marijuana. I just can't wrap my mind around what he was thinking. 43 grams or an ounce and half meets the felony statute or with two bags he could've easily been charged with intent to sell and deliver. Being that it was a checkpoint, I'd imagine that the rental car PJ was driving may have attempted to elude the checkpoint or stopped just short of it. Since all three were charged, I'd also imagine that no one in the car took responsibility for the contraband. As a LEO I've seen this over and over again and we're forced to charge multiple passengers under constructive possession. I'm hoping for PJ's sake that this was not his gun and dope and he ends up being cleared of everything, but the No Operators License charge.

The original statement from UNC stated that there would be no practice or games missed, but I can almost bet there will end up being some missed time. I'm truly disappointed that someone so close to a big payday in the NBA would make such a poor decision on the company that he keeps.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another concern isthe fact that he was driving a rental car and he is only 20. Most rental agencies require you to be 25. The rental agreement was in the vehicle, but the police have not said whose name is on it. There is a potential for this to become improper benefits to a student athlete, and that exposes the program not just PJ. I know he is only 20, but he has to be smarter than that. He could be potentially screwing his future and hurting the program.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ounce and a half of green, one handgun found in the car, another one supposedly discarded from the car found outside at the checkpoint, riding through the Durham hood and with no license to drive.

I'd like to believe this is just a case of a good kid getting caught up with his hometown hood friends but anyway you cut it, he's done. Bye, PJ...

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ounce and a half of green, one handgun found in the car, another one supposedly discarded from the car found outside at the checkpoint, riding through the Durham hood and with no license to drive.

I'd like to believe this is just a case of a good kid getting caught up with his hometown hood friends but anyway you cut it, he's done. Bye, PJ...

I don't believe we've seen the last of P.J. unless he is found to be a gone toting, drug dealing thug. I really don't think that's the case. I honestly believe it's no more than PJ hanging out with some old G'Boro buddies that don't have quite the future he does.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I figured as much, RB5, unless PJ has this secret kingpin life outside of basketball. Just hope these other guys involved step up or else it wouldnt matter if he was Pope.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I figured as much, RB5, unless PJ has this secret kingpin life outside of basketball. Just hope these other guys involved step up or else it wouldnt matter if he was Pope.

This shit is like WHHHHYYYY

you came back to do this???

Gotta know who your rolling with and who you are and what you could lose by trying to live that "life":L:gaah:

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it gets worse! PJ has now brought attention to himself and the NCAA is looking at his relationship with agent Rodney Blackstock. I guarantee they're looking at the rental car and whether or not Blackstock rented it. Originally, I heard that the rental agreement was in the name of PJ's mothers landlord. We'll have to wait and see, but I think at the very least PJ will miss some time due to a lengthy suspension.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, a bit of good news on PJ. The police say there will be no further charges, so it looks like there will not be any gun related charges at least.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the police report is out and PJ admitted to police that he is a recreational marijuana user and got the rented car from the convicted felon. We will definitely be seeing a suspension of some sort, either from Roy, the NCAA or both. Really hope PJ didn't screw the Heels too badly with this mess. Also, for his sake I hope he didn't screw his own future. BIG, BIG learning opportunity for the remainder of the team and recruits.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the tears.

Would happen that the most promising breakout player for us would find himself in this situation. Even if we do get him back, I completely expect him to start padding his draft stock and take off after this year.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL charges have been dropped against PJ. It looks like the NCAA is still looking into the rental car usage, so I would still expect some discipline, but hopefully it will not be too severe and PJ and his teammates will have learned a valuable lesson without it costing too much.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the tears.

Would happen that the most promising breakout player for us would find himself in this situation. Even if we do get him back, I completely expect him to start padding his draft stock and take off after this year.

He was gone after this year regardless, IMO.