• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PGA Championship

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever the Euros throw at Brooks K in the Ryder cup is gonna have their hands full.

Ryder cup is looking good for Team USA

It's being held in Paris and I heard that the Euro team is already considering an unconditional surrender.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's my cutoff point - 8 under - if Koepka keeps playing well. Everybody higher needs BK to come back to them to have a shot.
If Koepka keeps playing well, wouldn't he by definition not come back to them?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Koepka keeps playing well, wouldn't he by definition not come back to them?

Koepka could shoot a 3 or 4 under round (play well) but if someone from the 8 under group and better can go insane, they have a shot.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koepka could shoot a 3 or 4 under round (play well) but if someone from the 8 under group and better can go insane, they have a shot.
That wouldn't be Koepka coming back to them.

Anyways, I'm not sure why others here think there is some sort of golf world vendetta against him. He just doesn't have quite the level of success that the other players do. His two US Opens are amazing but he only has one other win.

Spieth already has a great career worth of accomplishments and he's only 25. Rory is right there with him. Rickie is just a fan favorite because of his work with kids and whatnot plus he's that guy without the major right now.

Koepka gets a good amount of coverage and if he wins this one he will be covered even more.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brooks shoots 3 or 4 under and he comes out quick at 1 or 2 under it’s probably in the bag. I just think 1-2 guys are going to step up and shoot 5 or 6 under on this course. But it might be guys at -3 or -2 or lower that do it who knows. Someone today shoots 63 or 64

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rickie and Rahm played together Sunday at the masters too.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch the comments, but that's laughable on all fronts. I don't follow social media much at all, so if Koepka is more focused on winning, more power to him. Maybe other players (Rickie Fowler) could learn a thing or two if they want to be known more as a big tournament winner than a popular person on social media.

CBS, just like everybody else, will cover Tiger first, and trickle down to the mainstream guys (Jordan/Rory/Rickie). I'm sure it bothers them that they have to cover a guy like Koepka who seems like he is always there in the biggest tournaments. I want to see the best players playing the best golf.....but I know that I'm in the minority in regards to the general TV audience.

You brought up Ricky ...and that is the perfect example.
Who is really responsible for how popular Ricky is with zero majors compared to Brooks with 2.

You can't discount the personality factor but the coverage is a huge part of it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is really responsible for how popular Ricky is with zero majors compared to Brooks with 2.

You can't discount the personality factor but the coverage is a huge part of it.

Going back to last week Rickie has been solid every other day. He did ok yesterday so he could be that guy today that goes low.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't be Koepka coming back to them.

Yes...that's why I said the cutoff is -8. Koepka could play well, but if one of those guys goes lights out, they have a shot. Players at -7 and worse need Koepka to come back for those guys to have a chance.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brooks shoots 3 or 4 under and he comes out quick at 1 or 2 under it’s probably in the bag. I just think 1-2 guys are going to step up and shoot 5 or 6 under on this course. But it might be guys at -3 or -2 or lower that do it who knows. Someone today shoots 63 or 64

Agree. You see that frequently....guys who are 10 shots back with no chance and just go lights out with no pressure...nothing to lose.

Rickie is a popular dude, no doubt....and he's a pretty good player. He's always been a flashy fan favourite with the kids and all, put himself out there on social media, whereas Brooks had to go about it the hard way (European tour for starters).

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to last week Rickie has been solid every other day. He did ok yesterday so he could be that guy today that goes low.

I love Ricky ...and I will be pulling for him.

It just rubs me the wrong way that he rarely get criticized or they never harp on any bad parts og his game.
There seems to be a real hands off rule for Ricky.

And that only bugs me because my Rory is a favorite target to have is game picked apart.

Now in a normal world you would think the guy with 4 majors would have the "hands off" rule.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Ricky ...and I will be pulling for him.

It just rubs me the wrong way that he rarely get criticized or they never harp on any bad parts og his game.
There seems to be a real hands off rule for Ricky.

And that only bugs me because my Rory is a favorite target to have is game picked apart.

Now in a normal world you would think the guy with 4 majors would have the "hands off" rule.

Rickie got plenty of Criticism until he won his first Ryder Cup match two years ago. And I believe if you look at all the majors this year he’s got the cumulative best score So he’s going to be on TV.

Rory is having issues with his wedges. He’s missing greens from 105 yards so he’s gonna hear it and rightfully so. That’s the only thing I’ve heard bad about Rory. Actually heard many times he’s the best driver of the golf ball on tour.

But who gives a shit about what commentators are saying and no one is hands off.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments about some players getting better “treatment” than others is funny and the hate for some players and love for some of these guys is getting silly

It’s golf. Watch it and appreciate it. The guys with confindence playing well right now will be in the shoes of the guys struggling with something in a month or so. Very tough game and impossible to master. It comes and goes

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Rickey Fowler win would really be the best story line.

Best all around scenario is Ricky's entry in to majors club. That would be great for the tour.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That missed put on 18 yesterday is basically the story of Fowler. He could have walked off the course a stroke closer on a really high note but had to settle for par. I know that it's Saturday and he still has as good of chance as he ever did but in key moments you get that from him. As far as the attention goes, he's top 10 over the last 4 years. If you're one of the top 10 golfers in the world over a 4 year stretch then you're going to get attention. Not many wins but Mr. Consistent. Mr. Consistent won't get you majors but it will give you the mansion, babe wife, whatever car you want to drive, ...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That missed put on 18 yesterday is basically the story of Fowler. He could have walked off the course a stroke closer on a really high note but had to settle for par. I know that it's Saturday and he still has as good of chance as he ever did but in key moments you get that from him. As far as the attention goes, he's top 10 over the last 4 years. If you're one of the top 10 golfers in the world over a 4 year stretch then you're going to get attention. Not many wins but Mr. Consistent. Mr. Consistent won't get you majors but it will give you the mansion, babe wife, whatever car you want to drive, ...

No it’s not. Rickie grinder all day yesterday, getting up and down while missing greeens. Hell he played 26 or so holes.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarazen, Hogan, Nicklaus & Woods.

Koepka joins that group if he wins today as the only winners of the US Open & PGA Championship in the same year. The air doesn't get more rarefied than that and based upon that I'll predict he doesn't do it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's been a lot of buzz about him since he was an amateur. I guess the chicks dig him. That happens. Remember Camilo "Spiderman" Villegas ? Some people just get much more press than their actual accomplishments merit.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get in the hole" crowd out in force.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of buzz about him since he was an amateur. I guess the chicks dig him. That happens. Remember Camilo "Spiderman" Villegas ? Some people just get much more press than their actual accomplishments merit.

Well he was a great amateur and a good looking guy. As far as the looks go, he can't help that. And a big part of the job is being a walking billboard. Still, his play the last 4 years is nothing to sneeze at. He's been a legit top 10 golfer in the world. So if he's getting top 10 attention it's because he's earned it.