• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Paul George/L.A. Lakers Bandwagon...Count me in

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at those numbers tonight and doing some comparing and- If PG is strictly a Small Forward that can't play the SF Then I don't see where the Lakers would even want to look at the due

Brandon Ingram is running 16 ppg, 5 rpg and 3 apg

Paul George is Running 20 ppg 5.8 rpg and 3 apg

I think it would be foolish to replace a player in his rookie contract for player wanting the big $$$$

Now I assuming that all of the forwards are interchange and have the flexibility - We have

Randle at 13 points per game, 6 rebounds and Nance a bit less So you would have

Ingram - Nance
Geoerg - Randle for your forwards but not so fast because

Kuzma is besting their chops at 16 points - 6 rebounds and 1 assist so then if the Lakers don't get George, then Next year we have

Ingram
Kuzma as your starters

Nance
Randle as your reserves - big question Mark on Randle because he has shown zero improvements, so if you trade him for a draft pic and Deng and then make room for Lebron - I can see where the Lakers might want George or Lebron, but I am not all that sold on Paul George who will get a big contract somewhere.

:L

If we brought in PG, he'd be the SG.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I thought but ESPN has him as a Forward

That's because in Indy and in OKC, he's playing SF. However, he is capable of playing SG and that is where he would likely end up playing if he joined the Lakers because of Ingram being the SF.

Basketball is becoming more and more positionless. If the Lebron/PG to the Lakers pipe dream works out, Lebron would likely be the PF, even though he's played SF for his whole career.

Basically, the starting lineup would look something like this.

PG - Lonzo
SG - PG-13
SF - Ingram
PF - Lebron
C - Somebody (Nance?)

Kuzma and Nance as the first 2 off the bench.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because in Indy and in OKC, he's playing SF. However, he is capable of playing SG and that is where he would likely end up playing if he joined the Lakers because of Ingram being the SF.

Basketball is becoming more and more positionless. If the Lebron/PG to the Lakers pipe dream works out, Lebron would likely be the PF, even though he's played SF for his whole career.

PG - Lonzo
SG - PG-13
SF - Ingram
PF - Lebron
C - Somebody (Nance?)

Honestly I was thinking & hoping that Kuzma could be interchangeable with the SG position as well. He already averaging close 16 pts and 6 rebounds. By next year I think he could easily be in the low 20's and yes, that would solve some serious shooting guard questions and make room for LeBron IF he comes to Los Angeles. I still would not be disappointed if LeBron doesn't though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Lonzo
SG - PG-13
SF - Ingram
PF - Lebron
C - Somebody (Nance?)

I think in this scenario, it would not a disaster to bring back Lopez on a long term contract

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what money. How big of a pay cut do you think he'd take?
I think they would have to pay him full value really or they will lose him. I think he is getting $22 million, but if he would accept 15 - I would sign him - unless they think IVICA Is going to be a new force - I doubt that. Randle is not any better then last year - so at the best he is a trade piece to dump Luol Deng - IF a sucker would bite.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record - I would be surprised if Brook Lopez were to stay with the Lakers or be asked to return right away and by the time they get to that -I think he will have moved on, but I don't think he would be the worst choice to return either if the Lakers were to get Paul George, but Not LeBron

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would have to pay him full value really or they will lose him. I think he is getting $22 million, but if he would accept 15 - I would sign him - unless they think IVICA Is going to be a new force - I doubt that. Randle is not any better then last year - so at the best he is a trade piece to dump Luol Deng - IF a sucker would bite.

If lebron and George were to sign with LA, they wouldn't have 15m to spend on him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lebron and George were to sign with LA, they wouldn't have 15m to spend on him.
I personally always have believed in a big man in the center - the best ball I ever remember was Shaq dominating and abusing everyone in the center. Once he got parked under the rim - no one was going to get that close - so If Lopez could come close enough to that( I don't think he can), I would support it - with a big three. Ingram - LeBron - George - then a dominant center. Actually as I recall didn't the Bulls have decent center? - Wasn't even a hall of famer and I done forgot his name - but I do remember he protected the paint pretty well - and that was enough to get MJ as many titles as he desired. He had played those two years instead of baseball - I think he would have 8 rings now

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, if this isn't bitterness can someone tell me what is?

There isn't any bitterness that he's gone, because like I said - We winning.

If there's any bitterness among Pacers fans, it's more likely to be because of the precedent he made by wanting to leave a 42-win team for a 26-win team just for marketing purposes...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's any bitterness among Pacers fans, it's more likely to be because of the precedent he made by wanting to leave a 42-win team for a 26-win team just for marketing purposes...

The next time you are wondering why so many of your threads end up here. I want you to re-read the bold part of the quoted post. I mean, I'm actually saving you from embarrassment and mocking by moving them here.

You're welcome. :yo:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next time you are wondering why so many of your threads end up here. I want you to re-read the bold part of the quoted post. I mean, I'm actually saving you from embarrassment and mocking by moving them here.

You're welcome. :yo:

You're right...What was I thinking?

Kobe's magic shadow is literally the only reason why he wants to come to the Lakers. Why else would he complain about refs so much?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either he's with me or he's against me, and he made his choice...

And Now that he's not on my team anymore, he's just another prissy southern California boy to me and I just don't like the guy.
If you think Southern California is a bunch of prissy boys, I challenge you to come over here and walk down Crenshaw Blvd into the hear of Inglewood or South Central Los Angeles and call some of the locals that.

Be a real man if you can - or just STFU about something you know nothing about.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Southern California is a bunch of prissy boys, I challenge you to come over here and walk down Crenshaw Blvd into the hear of Inglewood or South Central Los Angeles and call some of the locals that.

Be a real man if you can - or just STFU about something you know nothing about.

lol i'm originally FROM South Central L.A. if ol' flab belly popped of like that in my old 'hood he'd be bleeding all over the sidewalk...:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i'm originally FROM South Central L.A. if ol' flab belly popped of like that in my old 'hood he'd be bleeding all over the sidewalk...:lol:
That's what I know - I've been going to some churches down there with my church since I was born - and if you want to walk away in one piece - you had better treat them with some respect:lol: And they ain't anything prissy about those dudes either:lol: When it really comes down to it, he is just flat out stupid - In any other state, people are friendly and wave to you nicely - Ca is the one state that flips you the bird even when you have been nice to them:lol: