• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Oregon won a large number of big bowl games in the past 10 years. Just because they haven't won a national championship doesn't negate the fact that they have been one of the most dominant teams for nearly a decade.

One of the most dominant teams? You didn't dominate any particular year. You won a lot durring the regular season. Congrats on that. But that doesn't buy you shit. Take Auburn. They didn't win as many regular season games in the past ten years they didn't blow people out as much but at least for one year they did dominate. They are Champions.The problem with you duck fans is a lot of you talked smack thinking you would win one sooner or later and you loved telling us about it. But it looks like it was premature smackulation. You talked a good game, looked pretty (in your eyes not mine) and didn;t finish. Now you want Kudos for being good and winning with big scores but not winning it all after setting the bar high with the Natty talk. Good luck with that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most dominant teams? You didn't dominate any particular year. You won a lot durring the regular season. Congrats on that. But that doesn't buy you shit. Take Auburn. They didn't win as many regular season games in the past ten years they didn't blow people out as much but at least for one year they did dominate. They are Champions.The problem with you duck fans is a lot of you talked smack thinking you would win one sooner or later and you loved telling us about it. But it looks like it was premature smackulation. You talked a good game, looked pretty (in your eyes not mine) and didn;t finish. Now you want Kudos for being good and winning with big scores but not winning it all after setting the bar high with the Natty talk. Good luck with that.
Oregon isn't exactly dead in the water and can still make runs at the playoff.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon isn't exactly dead in the water and can still make runs at the playoff.

No one says you;re dead in the water. You keep bringing in 5th year QBs so you don;t have to go through the maturing of your home grown player and you should be able to stay good. But the air of invincibility is gone. The thought that it's inevitable is gone.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one says you;re dead in the water. You keep bringing in 5th year QBs so you don;t have to go through the maturing of your home grown player and you should be able to stay good. But the air of invincibility is gone. The thought that it's inevitable is gone.
Oregon has brought in players from different levels at different positions for years. just like every other school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has brought in players from different levels at different positions for years. just like every other school.

You dont think bringing in 5th year QBs in back to back years is out of the norm? I remember USC bringing in a 5th year DB a few years back. But you dont see a difference with what Oregon is doing? To me is smacks of desperation. No time to wait to develop a QB you just go out and get one whos further along. That's a whole new level to me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think bringing in 5th year QBs in back to back years is out of the norm? I remember USC bringing in a 5th year DB a few years back. But you dont see a difference with what Oregon is doing? To me is smacks of desperation. No time to wait to develop a QB you just go out and get one whos further along. That's a whole new level to me.
Again, Oregon didn't seek these guy out. Oregon was going to go with who they had. Adams then Prukop contacted Oregon and said I want to come play for you. Adams won the spot and was always the best option. After that Oregon was going to go with who they had on campus. Prukop might win it, might be the best option and if he is so be it. If he doesn't win the spot so be it that way as well.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to hell for it, but I laughed.
Welcome aboard I will be your driver on this trip along the Styx and into the yawning pits below.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Oregon didn't seek these guy out. Oregon was going to go with who they had. Adams then Prukop contacted Oregon and said I want to come play for you. Adams won the spot and was always the best option. After that Oregon was going to go with who they had on campus. Prukop might win it, might be the best option and if he is so be it. If he doesn't win the spot so be it that way as well.

That's comical. Like they magically appeared on your roster. You seriously can't be that naive to think Oregon wasn't in touch with them for quite a while before they got there.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You keep posting this... clearly he was the best option, he was on campus 2 weeks before the season started and "won" the spot. We saw what happened when he was out. You should be real thankful these guys are "contacting" oregon... could you imagine if he didn't and you had to go with what you had?

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall seeing any other Pac12 team bringing in 5th year grad students at QB in back to back years. I'm not sure UW has ever brought one in. Not that I recall. Hell, it's been ages since they even brought in a JC transfer although they probably should have a couple of years ago when all they had was Miles.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep posting this... clearly he was the best option, he was on campus 2 weeks before the season started and "won" the spot. We saw what happened when he was out. You should be real thankful these guys aee "contacting" oregon... could you imagine if he didn't and you had to go with what you had?
Does anyone think they do better than 6 wins if not for Adams last year? Would they have even reached 6 wins with that defense?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think they do better than 6 wins if not for Adams last year? Would they have even reached 6 wins with that defense?
Looking back at their schedule, 5 or 6 wins looks about right.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at their schedule, 5 or 6 wins looks about right.
To think they were just one math test away from possibly not even being bowl eligible last year. Crazy.

And yet they are doing this new grad transfer a favor right? I mean we will let him try out because he reached out to us. You know, they have so much talented and experienced QB's on that roster.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's comical. Like they magically appeared on your roster. You seriously can't be that naive to think Oregon wasn't in touch with them for quite a while before they got there.
No one said they just appeared. You can not contact players at other schools. You think Oregon is going to do so and risk something this soon after Lyles? If Oregon recruited him at all it was after he announced his intentions to transfer and that was not quite a while before it was known publically of his interest in Oregon.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep posting this... clearly he was the best option, he was on campus 2 weeks before the season started and "won" the spot. We saw what happened when he was out. You should be real thankful these guys are "contacting" oregon... could you imagine if he didn't and you had to go with what you had?
being on campus 2 weeks has nothing to do with his obvious talent. we all saw what he was capable of while he was at EWU and against Pac 12 teams Oregon State and Washington.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall seeing any other Pac12 team bringing in 5th year grad students at QB in back to back years. I'm not sure UW has ever brought one in. Not that I recall. Hell, it's been ages since they even brought in a JC transfer although they probably should have a couple of years ago when all they had was Miles.
UW brought in 2 JC QB last summer.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. but he did come in. How is questioning this any different than saying if not for his broken finger Oregon would have been in the playoff which everyone here has been giving Oregon fans shit for saying?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think they were just one math test away from possibly not even being bowl eligible last year. Crazy.

And yet they are doing this new grad transfer a favor right? I mean we will let him try out because he reached out to us. You know, they have so much talented and experienced QB's on that roster.
talented yes experienced not as much.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're too even tempered , Oly. You need to get Mamba and Beaver Shaver back in action, a little hell fire and brimstone is called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.