• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean all 1 of them that typically ever post on the CFB board and even he is only here maybe a few hours a week? :noidea:

Hey it is worth a try.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean all 1 of them that typically ever post on the CFB board and even he is only here maybe a few hours a week? :noidea:

Work is long hours this time of year.

And sure on the avi bet, I need a new one anyway

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario involving Oregon winning the PAC.

Oregon stands at 2-2 in conference..leader of North is currently Stanford at 5-0, followed by Wazzu at 3-1.

Oregon obviously needs to win out.

Washington State beats Stanford this weekend, giving the Trees their 1 loss, with Oregon on the horizon.

Suddenly its Oregon 3-2, Stanford 5-1, Wazzu 4-1.

Wazzu still has ASU, @UCLA and @Washington left on their schedule, I am not too worried about the Cougars winning the North. They'll lose 2 of their remaining games somewhere.

With Stanford at 1 loss, and Oregon winning out I don't need to worry about Stanfords remaining schedule as Oregon winning out means they beat the Cardinal and Oregon has the tie breaker on the Trees.

So with that scenario Ducks win the North.

NOW to get back into playoff contention.....season is already crazy like the 2007 year where a 2 loss LSU team backed into the NCG...Who is to say a 3 loss team can't make it into the playoffs? ESPECIALLY a team that now has everyone healthy and is proving they are a good team. The CFP committee is suppose to pick the 4 best teams in CFB are they not? So If Oregon wins out, with a healthy roster, who is to say they wouldn't be 1 of the 4 best teams in CFB?

Here is what Oregon needs from the PAC South to get there.

USC needs to keep winning unitl their date with the Ducks.

Utah needs to win out the regular season and get to the CCG, where they play Oregon. Oregon obviously must win.

Now you have a rematch of one of Oregons 3 losses...which resulted in an Oregon victory, and a win over a highly ranked UTAH team.

Ducks would be PAC champs, with just 3 losses and a healthy momentumist team...Would look good for the Ducks!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work is long hours this time of year.

And sure on the avi bet, I need a new one anyway
lol, I was just pointing out how lonely you are on this thread/board. There are lots of cougs on this site. Go to the seahawks board and you will find at least 4 or 5 more that are regulars, but they don't seem to hang around the college board much.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow OD. At least you let us know in the first paragraph what your entire post was about so the rest of us could skip reading it. You barely beat a UW team playing almost all freshman and sophomores and yet you are just this close to being back in the playoff hunt? :L

I mean I did predict you'd be coming up with this stuff, but still. There isn't a chance in hell Oregon reaches the playoffs. That ship has long since sailed. With that ass beating by Utah they lose any tiebreakers with other teams at the same record. That was a home game and it wasn't in the first couple of weeks. That was your death nail. Conference? Well anything that's possible is possible, but I wouldn't bet your favorite Mariota doll on it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stanford at 1 loss, and Oregon winning out I don't need to worry about Stanfords remaining schedule as Oregon winning out means they beat the Cardinal and Oregon has the tie breaker on the Trees.

Incorrect.

Oregon has 3 losses. 2 are in the PAC. If Oregon wins out and Stanford only loses to Oregon, Stanford would be 10-2 (8-1) and Oregon would be 9-3 (7-2). You would need Stanford to lose one more PAC game, which at this point seems unlikely.

USC is in the same boat in the South. We have to win out and have Utah lose one more game for us to win the South.

Also, if either Oregon or USC win the PAC, the PAC will NOT have a participant in the playoff unless we have complete Armageddon in at least 1 and probably 2 of the Power 5 conferences.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect.

Oregon has 3 losses. 2 are in the PAC. If Oregon wins out and Stanford only loses to Oregon, Stanford would be 10-2 (8-1) and Oregon would be 9-3 (7-2). You would need Stanford to lose one more PAC game, which at this point seems unlikely.

USC is in the same boat in the South. We have to win out and have Utah lose one more game for us to win the South.
I posted in there that Wazzu beats Stanford this weekend. Giving Stanford their one loss, and then Oregon beats Stanford. Stanford then has 2 losses and Oregon has tie breaker over them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in there that Wazzu beats Stanford this weekend. Giving Stanford their one loss, and then Oregon beats Stanford. Stanford then has 2 losses and Oregon has tie breaker over them.

Missed Wazzou beating Stanford. Your scenario is really well thought. :rolleyes2:

I'd suggest holding your breath while you wait for it to happen. :lol:

And a 3 loss champ from any conference isn't getting in unless all hell breaks loose and there's at least 1 other Power 5 conference champ with 3 losses. Even then, the committee probably gives an unbeaten middie a shot.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario involving Oregon winning the PAC.

Oregon stands at 2-2 in conference..leader of North is currently Stanford at 5-0, followed by Wazzu at 3-1.

Oregon obviously needs to win out.

Washington State beats Stanford this weekend, giving the Trees their 1 loss, with Oregon on the horizon.

Suddenly its Oregon 3-2, Stanford 5-1, Wazzu 4-1.

Wazzu still has ASU, @UCLA and @Washington left on their schedule, I am not too worried about the Cougars winning the North. They'll lose 2 of their remaining games somewhere.

So with that scenario Ducks win the North.

NOW to get back into playoff contention.....season is already crazy like the 2007 year where a 2 loss LSU team backed into the NCG...Who is to say a 3 loss team can't make it into the playoffs? ESPECIALLY a team that now has everyone healthy and is proving they are a good team. The CFP committee is suppose to pick the 4 best teams in CFB are they not? So If Oregon wins out, with a healthy roster, who is to say they wouldn't be 1 of the 4 best teams in CFB?

Here is what Oregon needs from the PAC South to get there.

USC needs to keep winning unitl their date with the Ducks.

Utah needs to win out the regular season and get to the CCG, where they play Oregon. Oregon obviously must win.

Now you have a rematch of one of Oregons 3 losses...which resulted in an Oregon victory, and a win over a highly ranked UTAH team.

Ducks would be PAC champs, with just 3 losses and a healthy momentumist team...Would look good for the Ducks!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh there is a chance NT! A real chance!
I feel like your definition of 'real' is different than everyone else's definition, and the dictionary's definition...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea for an avatar bet @OregonDucks. I know you're into long bets, so here it is. If Oregon wins the conference, I'll let you choose my Avi for 6 months, if they are selected for the playoffs, I'll give you a year. If neither of those things happen, I'll choose your avi for 6 months.

What do you think
?

Last edited:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea for an avatar bet @OregonDucks. I know you're into long bets, so here it is. If Oregon wins the conference, I'll let you choose my Avi for 6 months, if they are selected for the playoffs, I'll give you a year. If neither of those things happen, I'll choose your avi for 6 months.

What do you think?
O yea

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are willing to take a 6 month avi bet that your team wins the conference? I mean the 1 year isn't in play. Wow. Balls. I'll give you that.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are willing to take a 6 month avi bet that your team wins the conference? I mean the 1 year isn't in play. Wow. Balls. I'll give you that.
Yeah, can't take that from him, I'm impressed he's willing to put something on the line for those claims... I think impressed is the word anyway...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't take that from him, I'm impressed he's willing to put something on the line for those claims... I think impressed is the word anyway...
Given his guts > brains bet, are you going to be kind and not give him something outrageous when he loses?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't search too hard, would be a waste of your time considering I will win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.