• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now we are stuck with Smith so it is what it is.

I'm just happy we finally have a decent QB going out there, albeit one that needs a lot of development.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you guys use a new QB this week?
No, but browning certainly took a few big steps forward. He's gaining plays and confidence game after game.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Washington Utah state game.

It was a thing of beauty.

Of course smith calling any plays for lindquist is moronic and disastrous but other than his involvement it was fantastic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has literally played no one this year...

don't think Arizona plays anyone till mid October this year...

That was specifically designed by Rich Rod. Its what he does.

Our AD was looking at scheduling a tougher OOC opponent but decided not to due to our byeless schedule which is bullshit. Hard enough to stay healthy with a normal schedule let alone 12 straight weeks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the "mis-match" play up the seam for a Huskie TD...ALL Smith there and great Huskie O execution as well on that play. It was NOT a broken play Whiz.
You do know UW played Utah State, not Utah right?

UW has not had an upset win against any Pac team since Smith took over. Not one. Until that happens there is nothing you can say to make him look better. A few good plays against a MWC team doesn't mean shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a thing of beauty.

Of course smith calling any plays for lindquist is moronic and disastrous but other than his involvement it was fantastic.
This too.

Why the fuck does Smith keep putting Lindquist on the field ONLY in obvious QB running plays? Today's second one? (I think, maybe 3rd) ended in a bad fumble returned for a TD.

STOP PUTTING THE OTHER TWO QB's ON THE DAMNED FIELD YOU FREAKING MORON. YOU HAVE A STUD NOW. USE HIM!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in: UCLA va ARIZONA 5pm on ABC next week. Great chance at landing College Game Day
anxiously awaiting to see Oregon/Utah kickoff.

Possibly around the 7:15 slot if you guys have taken the 5 pm?

Or the 4:30 FOX spot.

This will be a huge game, possibly top 10 Oregon team vs top 15 Utah team.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few good plays against a MWC team doesn't mean shit.

WRONG!

Browning has progressed every game so far. I like what I see in the kid, don't get me wrong. It's never been about Smith, but rather about the kid's in the key positions...right? That play I described above will be seen again this year and no doubt the Huskies will/may "upset" someone this year. It's just up to great execution of whatever the coaches want them to do...well that and "conditioning" I spose.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OregonDucks
Jake Browning threw for 368y today which is the most ever thrown by a freshman in UW history and was 11th highest overall.

He did throw a pick on a bad read to open the second half, and then calmly went on to dominate the rest of that quarter.

He's raw and will be making mistakes, but his strides foward have been massive game to game.

No break for him now though. He's got to make several more steps forward with Cal coming to town next week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anxiously awaiting to see Oregon/Utah kickoff.

Possibly around the 7:15 slot if you guys have taken the 5 pm?

Or the 4:30 FOX spot.

This will be a huge game, possibly top 10 Oregon team vs top 15 Utah team.

Ya I think it's gonna be between both games; both will be between ranked teams. We haven't had Game Day down in Tucson for a while....and yall had it more recently.....so ya...share the wealth haha

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!

Browning has progressed every game so far. I like what I see in the kid, don't get me wrong. It's never been about Smith, but rather about the kid's in the key positions...right? That play I described above will be seen again this year and no doubt the Huskies will/may "upset" someone this year. It's just up to great execution of whatever the coaches want them to do...well that and "conditioning" I spose.
I didn't say Smith didn't make any good calls today. I said they don't matter much against MWC talent level defenses. Do it against a ranked Pac team and we are talking. That hasn't happened since they came.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Smith didn't make any good calls today. I said they don't matter much against MWC talent level defenses. Do it against a ranked Pac team and we are talking. That hasn't happened since they came.
....but...but...thats when it reverts to being about the talent level of the QB...

I understand Wally thinking that beating ass on the middies and FCS schools is awesome sauce. He's a beaver. I get it.

But this is UW mother fucker and we demand more.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....but...but...thats when it reverts to being about the talent level of the QB...

I understand Wally thinking that beating ass on the middies and FCS schools is awesome sauce. He's a beaver. I get it.

But this is UW mother fucker and we demand more.

Oh yay. IB is back to being IB.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OregonDucks
Jake Browning threw for 368y today which is the most ever thrown by a freshman in UW history and was 11th highest overall.

He did throw a pick on a bad read to open the second half, and then calmly went on to dominate the rest of that quarter.

He's raw and will be making mistakes, but his strides foward have been massive game to game.

No break for him now though. He's got to make several more steps forward with Cal coming to town next week.
well he's a Petersen recruit so that is a bonus. Probably will be the guy for you guys.

Washington vs Cal
Oregon vs Utah
Arizona vs UCLA

some good PAC games this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.