• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The OTHER USO...womens version

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Michelle Wie...finally wins a major!!!

Clearly she has been the most consistent player on the LPGAT this year and it paid off here in a big way...no 3 jacks in 72 holes with that goofy putting style...in USO? That was huge!

The play on 16 showed a lot of maturity...a younger Wie might've tried to play that shot instead of taking an unplayable...a solid shot on 17 tee and a great putt allowed her to relax after hitting the tee ball in play on 18.

Kudos to Stacey Lewis for giving it everything she had.

It's been a long and bumpy road for Wie. She and her parents made just about every mistake they could and for a while I did not care for her at all. But when she had no choice but the join the tour ..she just stayed quite and grinded it out. She really earned it today and just did it with plain old fashion hard work.

I hope she goes on a tear ...the LPGA tour really needs it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long and bumpy road for Wie. She and her parents made just about every mistake they could and for a while I did not care for her at all. But when she had no choice but the join the tour ..she just stayed quite and grinded it out. She really earned it today and just did it with plain old fashion hard work.

Agree. It probably also helped her that she attended Stanford. This most likely allowed her to get away from the grind of the tour, be a kid again & be even hungrier when she was once again on the tour full time. Something to think about for the other younger players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the ride smoothed out as she faded into the background a bit while in school.

Mistake...if you're trying to groom a championship player...yes, they set her up to fail pushing her out on the mens tour...but the flip side to that was the exposure (she's definitely felt the pressure), and the big Nike contract (she doesn't get that otherwise imo...not that early anyway) which financially set her up for life.

I never faulted the kid even though she made a lot of dumb, (imo naive) comments herself, simply because she was just a kid...very strong to endure all of the criticism and come out on the other side a seemingly well balance person and a real competitor.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I share the sentiments on Michelle. This was a great win for her, and a great win for women's golf.

It could have been very easy for her to just fall off the face of the planet a few years back. But she hung in there and kept working hard. She earned this win big time.

She was fun to watch this week. And yes the purple shorts were a part of the reason.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
451068756-michelle-wie-of-the-usa-tries-to-identify-gettyimages.jpg

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant wait to try the tabletop putting style out during a game with some ladies at the club this week.....

9340802206_e35d72c48a_z.jpg

[YOUTUBE]WDgq-K2oYLo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: