• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The OTHER USO...womens version

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know...no one cares much about women's golf but I'm an addict.

In the early going Stacey Lewis (would be good if she or Wie wins)...Americans are taking back some of the tour from the Korean girls but this tour needs a shot in the arm too.

No time to doctor the course up for lady pros so it'll be interesting to see what the winning score is...6600+ yds par 70...that's a long track for a lot of those gals...Lewis -3 thru 17 is the leader by 2...69 is the low score in the clubhouse.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know...no one cares much about women's golf but I'm an addict.

In the early going Stacey Lewis (would be good if she or Wie wins)...Americans are taking back some of the tour from the Korean girls but this tour needs a shot in the arm too.

No time to doctor the course up for lady pros so it'll be interesting to see what the winning score is...6600+ yds par 70...that's a long track for a lot of those gals...Lewis -3 thru 17 is the leader by 2...69 is the low score in the clubhouse.

If you're actually watching this, anything worthy of NSFW? :suds:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marissa Chow

PEPPERDINE 2012-13: Made the All-WCC first team as a freshman ... Ended the season ranked #71 by Golfweek/Sagarin and #77 by Golfstat ... Was second on the team with a 74.17 stroke average ... Played in all 10 tournaments and 30 rounds ... Had four top-10 and five top-20 results ... Tied for 13th in her collegiate debut at the Dick McGuire Invitational (73-73-75=221) ... Her four top-10 results came consecutively in the spring ... Tied for second at the Bruin Wave Invitational (74-71-74=219), tied for ninth at the `Anuenue Spring Break Classic with a 1-under 215 (71-75-69), tied for 10th at the Farms Invitational (75-74-75=224) and tied for third at the WCC Championships (72-77-73=222) ... Her best of four sub-par rounds was a 3-under 69 in the third round of the `Anuenue Spring Break Classic ... Tied for 26th at the NCAA West Regional (74-77-69=220) ... Earned WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll "bronze" honors.

AMATEUR/JUNIOR GOLF: Placed fourth at the 2010 Calloway Junior World Championship ... Was the first-round leader after a 5-under 69 and ended up with a 4-under 292 ... Tied for ninth place at the 2011 Calloway Junior World Championship with a 2-under 294 ... Made seven consecutive appearances at the event and made the cut the last five times ... Won the 2011 Hawaii State Junior Golf Association State Championship ... Qualified for the 2011 USGA Girls Junior Amateur Championship ... Participated in the 2011 Manoa Cup and was the only girl to make it to the second round of match play ... Among her class, ranked as high as #12 in the Golfweek/Sagarin index and #14 on the Junior Golf Scoreboard.

HIGH SCHOOL: Graduated from Iolani High School, located in Honolulu, Hawaii, in 2012 ... Played four years on the varsity ... Named the Interscholastic League of Honolulu's Player of the Year as a senior ... Had three top five-finishes at the state tournament ... Won the ILH title as a freshman and junior.

PERSONAL: Daughter of Nelson and Lynne Chow ... Has one brother, Matthew ... Chose Pepperdine because it "has a great balance of academics and athletics and I knew I would make lasting relationships with friends as well as mentors."

FAVORITES: Enjoys working out and playing volleyball and basketball ... Favorite thing about golf is "it is challenging mentally and physically. You will learn many things about yourself and it is a great test of character."

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Whoops, - 4 through 6, then +6 on 8 - 10. Never mind this one...^^^

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The length shouldn't be a problem as fast as it plays. They play several events around that range. It's those greens there that are the problem. It doesn't look as if they're having any more trouble than the guys so far, though. Lewis hit 17 of 18. Michele is at -2, 1 back. The kid shot a 78. Not bad for an 11 year old at Pinehurst.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The length shouldn't be a problem as fast as it plays. They play several events around that range. It's those greens there that are the problem. It doesn't look as if they're having any more trouble than the guys so far, though. Lewis hit 17 of 18. Michele is at -2, 1 back. The kid shot a 78. Not bad for an 11 year old at Pinehurst.

6600 par 70 is pretty long...par 72, not so bad. Maybe they will stretch it out over the course of the next 3 rounds, but yesterday it played 6296, some 300 yds shorter than it can and I think that's why there are so many players hovering around par to +2.

Probably 20% of the girls would have no problem playing it @ 6600 but most of the time they play that long is higher alt courses.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 par 5s only played 472 & 455 respectively, so the majority of the field can get within 20-30 yds of the green, but scanning a few score cards, they were not automatic birdie holes which tell me the greens complexes are causing some problems trying to get up and down.

Lewis hits the ball pretty far to be such a tiny lil thing, she has that bulldog competitor in her too...I don't see her giving this tourney up without a fight...if Wie can manage the green complexes her length should keep her near the top of the board.

I'm guessing..., -4 to -5 will win it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wie...tied for the lead.

Course is playing about the same distance as yesterday...6291 yds today. With the short par 3 9th to play (she started on the back) it's looks as if Michelle Wie is going to post a -1, 69 today...took me so long to type this this Wie made birdie on the 9th (her final hole) to post 68 and the outright lead @ -4.

This amateur from Aussie land is playing some good golf as well...Minjee Lee...she even thru 36 holes...but just ton of carnage...a few girls are having trouble breaking 90 much less 80...but that's the big difference in the women's game...depth is not nearly the same as the PGAT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there were 2

under par...Lewis has made her 1st bogey of the tourney and is now -2 thru 4....Misuzu Narita is the low round on the course @ -4 thru 9...other than that...no much red on the board...+9s and better look as if they will play the weekend.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Kaymer II. Is this going to be another runaway victory?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Kaymer II. Is this going to be another runaway victory?

I wouldn't mind seeing Wie win a major after all the shit she's taken...but another big tall girl is right there with her...Lexi is now -1 and Lewis will make a comeback tomorrow.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wie, Lewis, Lexi, and Paula all in contention. Exactly what this tour needs.

Btw, if any of you want to see a good golf swing - watch Michelle Wie. Imo, this may be the best swing in the world right now (men or women).

She stays compact; Club head stays outside of her hands on takeaway; Pivots behind the ball without swaying; Very very minimal hip rotation while getting maximum shoulder rotation; On perfect and I mean perfect swing plane; Releases the club head through impact.

Go Wiezy!

Go Merica!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the last 2 years or so I think...but I agree..keep'em coming. Her and Sandra Gal know how to sport a mini skort...short and shorter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wie, Lewis, Lexi, and Paula all in contention. Exactly what this tour needs.

Btw, if any of you want to see a good golf swing - watch Michelle Wie. Imo, this may be the best swing in the world right now (men or women).

She stays compact; Club head stays outside of her hands on takeaway; Pivots behind the ball without swaying; Very very minimal hip rotation while getting maximum shoulder rotation; On perfect and I mean perfect swing plane; Releases the club head through impact.

Go Wiezy!

Go Merica!

Kind of a world tour now, but you're so right, it does help here anyway to have Wie and some other Americans near the top.

Swing...I still cling to Elkington and Els as the two best golf swings on the planet, but you can make a case for Wie gaining some ground...very technically sound as you say and clearly the best ball striker out there.....as a player, she knows when to use her power a lot better now, whereas Lexi I think is still learning you can't overpower every course.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a world tour now, but you're so right, it does help here anyway to have Wie and some other Americans near the top.

Swing...I still cling to Elkington and Els as the two best golf swings on the planet, but you can make a case for Wie gaining some ground...very technically sound as you say and clearly the best ball striker out there.....as a player, she knows when to use her power a lot better now, whereas Lexi I think is still learning you can't overpower every course.

You're right on about Elkington. One of the best swings to ever grace the planet. Els looks nice, imo, but technically it has issues. Similar to Couples.

For the guys playing today, I would have to go with Adam Scott. For the women today, its a definite Wie for me. Scott vs Wie - I honestly think Michelle swings it better. The ONLY thing I would like to see her do better is stand a little higher on her follow through. However, I kinda blame that on Nike, because her clubs are too short and Nike doesn't know how to fit clubs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Els...probably because I'm very similar in height/size...@ Eastlake you're right up on the players on the driving range and I watched him for about 40 mins...hit pretty much the hole bag and the ball just seem to fly off the clubhead even though he seemed to be so smooth...driver...he goes at it much harder than it appears on TV.

Freddie is a small guy...to get so much power, Forgot about Scott...no doubt...Tiger's old swing...but better.

Wie...patience, smart play is paying off this time...she has more shots than any other player I've seen...even Annika...not over yet, but Lewis gave a strong chase with 66.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too Husker...just can't get over the fact she's the same age as my daughter...lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Michelle Wie...finally wins a major!!!

Clearly she has been the most consistent player on the LPGAT this year and it paid off here in a big way...no 3 jacks in 72 holes with that goofy putting style...in USO? That was huge!

The play on 16 showed a lot of maturity...a younger Wie might've tried to play that shot instead of taking an unplayable...a solid shot on 17 tee and a great putt allowed her to relax after hitting the tee ball in play on 18.

Kudos to Stacey Lewis for giving it everything she had.