• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Original Freak

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure McCarver still has nightmares about facing guys like Marichal, and he probably never faced Guidry. So he's was going for the "enchanter" comparison more than anything else.

The comparison certainly makes more sense to me now. Thanks. I will call Tim McCarver stupid for other reasons, of which there are definitely many. Also true that he knows more about baseball than I could ever hope to fathom, and I'm with you on wishing he wouldn't commentate to the lowest common denominator. Part of the social aspect of watching a sporting event is explaining the jargon to casual fans. Plus, with google at everyone's finger tips, who is ever really in the dark when it comes to any foreign sayings or terms?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarver wouldn't know what 'Google' was if it beaned him with a 96 mph fastball and banged his wife.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarver wouldn't know what 'Google' was if it beaned him with a 96 mph fastball and banged his wife.

Hey msg, since you know how, can you invite TCSFFAN over here? I think I did originally, but I'm not sure. He's a very good poster as well.

EDIT: If you don't feel like it, no worries.

EDIT II: Hey, there's been an iHATEdodgers sighting. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey msg, since you know how, can you invite TCSFFAN over here? I think I did originally, but I'm not sure. He's a very good poster as well.

EDIT: If you don't feel like it, no worries.

EDIT II: Hey, there's been an iHATEdodgers sighting. :D

For now I'm on a self-imposed total posting strike there. Just sick of those idiots. If I break down and post over there again, I will for sure.

Why don't you give it a whirl? Be sure to include in his mailbox that the paid-board thing is just a joke...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now I'm on a self-imposed total posting strike there. Just sick of those idiots. If I break down and post over there again, I will for sure.

Why don't you give it a whirl? Be sure to include in his mailbox that the paid-board thing is just a joke...

lol, understood. It's hard enough to not post over there on it's own.....yet alone if you break the "pee seal".

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

...though after asking for credit check info.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The comparison certainly makes more sense to me now. Thanks. I will call Tim McCarver stupid for other reasons, of which there are definitely many. Also true that he knows more about baseball than I could ever hope to fathom, and I'm with you on wishing he wouldn't commentate to the lowest common denominator. Part of the social aspect of watching a sporting event is explaining the jargon to casual fans. Plus, with google at everyone's finger tips, who is ever really in the dark when it comes to any foreign sayings or terms?

Yeah, McCarver's a terrible announcer. Still can't believe he said, "it was right there," on the strike three pitch to Ishikawa when fox trax and pitch f/x showed it was a literal foot outside the zone. I think he's stuck in 1998 or something.