• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Oops There's No Game Day Thread but I Want to Say Something Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a triple double with assists, steals, and rebounds.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to see a triple double with assists, steals, and blocks. But then, Nuraman would say, "Eh, those numbers were probably from rebounding one's own block and a long transition basket assist. Really only one play, the block and players have blocked 10 shots X number of times. LINK."

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't include rebounds in my list so my comment doesn't make sense. Nuraman's comment should have been in response to a assists, rebounds, and blocks triple double.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure assists, rebounds, blocks has been done before. Hakeem, Duncan, Camby most likely.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you remember the Boozer and AK triple doubles? Did you like those too?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Mail Man has had 5 steals, 5 blocks, and 5 assists in the same game. I'll bet he has.

I'll check for the 5 steal + 5 block combo.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of hope this does NOT turn into a quadruple double with points.

If it doesn't, this could arguably be the best defensive performance, statistically, by a player for a game (rebounds, steals).

Rebounds + blocks has been done often.

Steals > blocks because a block does not guarantee possession, while a steal does.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a triple double with assists, steals, and blocks. But then, Nuraman would say, "Eh, those numbers were probably from rebounding one's own block and a long transition basket assist. Really only one play, the block and players have blocked 10 shots X number of times. LINK."

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't include rebounds in my list so my comment doesn't make sense. Nuraman's comment should have been in response to a assists, rebounds, and blocks triple double.

You don't have a good grasp of what I'd say in this thread or the "Apathy" one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
You don't have a good grasp of what I'd say in this thread or the "Apathy" one.

Well, then, who else should I misquote? Sackataters? That isn't as fun. Sometimes, I don't think you have a good grasp of what you would say.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right about you citing that something has been done a lot, as if that made it easier to do. That was the gist of my take on what you'd say. The rest was filler.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right about you citing that something has been done a lot, as if that made it easier to do. That was the gist of my take on what you'd say. The rest was filler.

No, you cited something because that's what you wanted to see ("I want to see a triple double with assists, steals, and blocks."). Not because it was something I would then respond to and say it had been done a lot.

And, assists, steals, and blocks would be allsome.

Also, assists, rebounds, and blocks hasn't been done a lot. It's just that I'd rather see other combinations first.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you cited something because that's what you wanted to see ("I want to see a triple double with assists, steals, and blocks."). Not because it was something I would then respond to and say it had been done a lot.

And, assists, steals, and blocks would be allsome.

Also, assists, rebounds, and blocks hasn't been done a lot. It's just that I'd rather see other combinations first.

I referred to rebounds and blocks as being done a lot, not that combination with assists. The rest was filler. If one has 10 rebounds and 10 blocks often then if that assists are transition assists, it would be less rare.

Plus, it was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Phoenix Suns game: Great to see Hornacek, wish it was a closer game but not. We didn't play defense and we won by a lot. If we had played defense, then I would not want the game closer. Note: this is not because I want it to be competitive. It's because I want those casual fans to know that Hornacek's team is not that bad.

I liked that he does not have the coaches conferences at timeouts before speaking to the players. I HATE when coaches do that. Just freaking get in the huddle and be the coach. It's wasteful, I feel, but of course, it probably is not wasteful, it just feels that way. It also separates the players and the coach. Just freaking get in the huddle and be the coach. I HATE when coaches don't just go to the huddle.

Hornacek was on the bench most of the time, but he'd stand up to argue a call or so. He got up to direct players, too, just not Sloan-often.

I will just come out and declare my mancrush on the idea of having a coach I like to follow as our coach. Not Hornacek per se. But someone familiar like him and a good coach. I wish Stockton wanted to be a coach, was good at it, and came here. So far, none of those three. I told my dad that Corbin is better than Malone would be, but for this, I'd rather have Malone and switch later than stick with Corbin.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't Sloan just retire this last year or not at all (yet)? Then, both Corbin and Hornacek would have zero HC experience and we *might* have gotten Hornacek or we might have gotten someone better. Pretty sure it would be better than Corbin, not sure if better than Hornacek.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Phoenix Suns game: Great to see Hornacek, wish it was a closer game but not. We didn't play defense and we won by a lot. If we had played defense, then I would not want the game closer. Note: this is not because I want it to be competitive. It's because I want those casual fans to know that Hornacek's team is not that bad.

I liked that he does not have the coaches conferences at timeouts before speaking to the players. I HATE when coaches do that. Just freaking get in the huddle and be the coach. It's wasteful, I feel, but of course, it probably is not wasteful, it just feels that way. It also separates the players and the coach. Just freaking get in the huddle and be the coach. I HATE when coaches don't just go to the huddle.

Hornacek was on the bench most of the time, but he'd stand up to argue a call or so. He got up to direct players, too, just not Sloan-often.

I will just come out and declare my mancrush on the idea of having a coach I like to follow as our coach. Not Hornacek per se. But someone familiar like him and a good coach. I wish Stockton wanted to be a coach, was good at it, and came here. So far, none of those three. I told my dad that Corbin is better than Malone would be, but for this, I'd rather have Malone and switch later than stick with Corbin.

I agree, there wasn't much defense.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Any more thoughts about the game itself (other than the timeouts)?

I was surprised at how empty the arena was.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure how Hornacek's system is different than Gentry's. (I thought Gentry sucked as a coach, but his system was ok).

His players seem to understand what to do and have confidence.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there wasn't much defense.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Any more thoughts about the game itself (other than the timeouts)?

I was surprised at how empty the arena was.

I really don't have much to say. I liked the game and liked Hayward's determination in the second half. I liked that Burke took good shots and when they were going in, he didn't screw them up by forcing bad shots. I liked how John Lucas III, my arch enemy, was aware of the shot clock and made a deep three pointer. He also shot from close to half court near the game's buzzer because there was one second difference between game and shot clock. He was trying to run out the clock without a turnover and didn't want to run up the score. If he made it from near half court, no Suns player could be upset at him.

Distinct difference between that and classless Houston who shot a three pointer when up by 29 with 12 seconds or so to go with no shotclock. Jeremy Lin had to tell the backup not to shoot those when the ball went out of bounds. The Jazz then made the three because they weren't going to run the clock out if Houston wasn't. They were celebrating every damn shot and I guess you deserve it if you play well, but it seemed pettiful classlessness to me. What's the point? Run the clock out and shoot a three at the shotclock or a regular two. Not a three with 14 seconds to go in the shotclock every possession when you're up to 25+ with 2-3 minutes to go.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have much to say. I liked the game and liked Hayward's determination in the second half. I liked that Burke took good shots and when they were going in, he didn't screw them up by forcing bad shots. I liked how John Lucas III, my arch enemy, was aware of the shot clock and made a deep three pointer. He also shot from close to half court near the game's buzzer because there was one second difference between game and shot clock. He was trying to run out the clock without a turnover and didn't want to run up the score. If he made it from near half court, no Suns player could be upset at him.

Good post.

I enjoyed reading the details of what you enjoyed about the game.

mvr9rb.gif

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is it your favorite Jazz triple double of all time? Or is your favorite one from a different game, possibly a win?

Here's the list since 1985-1986 (* means playoffs):

Player Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

What about 5x5 games? (Kirilenko had a few of those, here's all of them in NBA history):

I would go with Kirilenko's one against the Lakers as the best Jazz one.

Hakeem's are the best, though.

Player Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

It must have been the 5x5 that Hakeem did twice.

Anthony Davis was a steal away from a 5x5.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, can you post a screen shot of the Thunder - Grizzlies game?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDC74399-0B09-4B93-800C-8C589C8DB70C.jpeg

NBA record deficit, still not 100%.