• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one thing

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've accepted it already. I just think it was a waste of a pick. They could have picked up a quality punter with the last pick of the 7th round or do what pretty much every other team does and pick them up as an unsigned FA.

It isn't as if Punters are drafted very often. There was 2 drafted this year, 2 drafted last year, 1 drafted in 2011. You get what I'm saying. It isn't as if Martin was head and shoulders better than any other punter left. Ryan Allen led the NCAA in punting and his team led the NCAA in net punting. He also won the Ray Guy Award for the top punter in 2011 and 2012 -- he was undrafted. Are you saying you would have been upset if the Lions signed him as an undrafted FA?

Heck -- I would have been happier to see the Lions draft him. He had 5 punts at the Senior Bowl and averaged 52.5 yards per punt.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated not seeing them trade back earlier. You can't if there are no takers. What we don't know is was there one?? and they did not pull trigger. There was a lot of talent to be had. With the salary cap hits getting bigger. We need to get younger and have rookies impact the roster for money reasons!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've accepted it already. I just think it was a waste of a pick. They could have picked up a quality punter with the last pick of the 7th round or do what pretty much every other team does and pick them up as an unsigned FA.

It isn't as if Punters are drafted very often. There was 2 drafted this year, 2 drafted last year, 1 drafted in 2011. You get what I'm saying. It isn't as if Martin was head and shoulders better than any other punter left. Ryan Allen led the NCAA in punting and his team led the NCAA in net punting. He also won the Ray Guy Award for the top punter in 2011 and 2012 -- he was undrafted. Are you saying you would have been upset if the Lions signed him as an undrafted FA?

Heck -- I would have been happier to see the Lions draft him. He had 5 punts at the Senior Bowl and averaged 52.5 yards per punt.

Hell yes I would have been happier to UDFA signing. AFter the draft you are not guarenteed who signs with you. Guess that was my point and should have stated that. Sorry!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I would have done differently is that immediately following Goodell's announcement of the Lions selection of Ansah, I would have had Schwartz running towards the podium with his fists raised in the air screaming, "CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"