• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The One Song Thread ( Idea )!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one. One of my all time favorite bands.
Prog Rock FTW!
They pretty much put that genre on the map.

So many great but tough choices....but I'll go with LDR, and it had to be w/ "the Fish" because of how it blends perfectly together on the album.

Awesome composition, instrumentation and production.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one. One of my all time favorite bands.
Prog Rock FTW!
They pretty much put that genre on the map.

So many great but tough choices....but I'll go with LDR, and it had to be w/ "the Fish" because of how it blends perfectly together on the album.

Awesome composition, instrumentation and production.

Funny my ole lady is black and she adapted to a lot of my musical tastes, loves SRV, ZZ Top, Steely Dan and many others, but Yes, well no! She cannot wrap her head around all the temp changes and depth of lyrics. She say's I want music to move my body more than my mind

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny my ole lady is black and she adapted to a lot of my musical tastes, loves SRV, ZZ Top, Steely Dan and many others, but Yes, well no! She cannot wrap her head around all the temp changes and depth of lyrics. She say's I want music to move my body more than my mind
Yeah..my wife doesn't care for some of the stuff I listen to either....but we're mostly on the same page when it comes to music & genres.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..my wife doesn't care for some of the stuff I listen to either....but we're mostly on the same page when it comes to music & genres.

My missus used to hate what I listened to, to the point where she found some of it disturbing. Now she loves my stuff and hates most of the stuff she liked before.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Sly and the family stone are / were vastly underrated

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel
Hey, bro...just a thought...let me know if you'd like me to take the baton from you on this for a while.
I wouldn't mind. I do like the premise/concept of the thread..and think it does have potential.

Maybe step into a few different genres to spread the wealth/generate more interest as it were?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your ole lady has good taste, though a few of their tunes are fine.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel
Hey, bro...just a thought...let me know if you'd like me to take the baton from you on this for a while.
I wouldn't mind. I do like the premise/concept of the thread..and think it does have potential.

Maybe step into a few different genres to spread the wealth/generate more interest as it were?
I am fine with this, honestly I am in the middle of an entire home remodel, busy at work, mom has been real sick a lot on my plate. I just hope you can get people to understand it's about listing one song to someone that may not have heard of the band, not just listing popular songs. I was going to delve into other genres but it did start to feel as if this would not take off.

Have at it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with this, honestly I am in the middle of an entire home remodel, busy at work, mom has been real sick a lot on my plate. I just hope you can get people to understand it's about listing one song to someone that may not have heard of the band, not just listing popular songs. I was going to delve into other genres but it did start to feel as if this would not take off.

Have at it.
Will do.
Thanks,YR.
No worries.
I know the drill. (parameters you set up)
Good luck with the remodel & work etc.
Hope your mom gets better.
Stop back when you can.
TTYL.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice.
The purpose of this thread (as laid out by the OP's opening post) is to post a song from a band you like which you think may convince someone that has never heard of that band, to perhaps become a fan.
Each day a different band's tune will be added....but it may also include a solo artist here and there.

For today it's:
The Clash....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCR songs