• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing there, don

(unless that was the idea!)

Not really.....ha ha......just a little pilot error there.

I'd be torn about bringing him to town even on a minor league deal, with an invitation to ST. Just a little leery of the 40 man roster problems.

Don't hate the idea, but certainly don't love it either.

Sure glad this isn't a barbed-wire fence I'd straddling. ha

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate the idea, but certainly don't love it either.

I'll be honest, it always burned me that he chose Philadelphia. Imagine the 2011 squad + Cliff Lee... wow.

Obviously I'd prefer Colby back, and I'm wary of what Cliffy thinks he deserves, but if things lined up that way I wouldn't be opposed to it.

(Edit: it occurs to me that signing Lee might have prevented signing Beltre. So maybe don't imagine that scenario.)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, it always burned me that he chose Philadelphia. Imagine the 2011 squad + Cliff Lee... wow.

Obviously I'd prefer Colby back, and I'm wary of what Cliffy thinks he deserves, but if things lined up that way I wouldn't be opposed to it.

(Edit: it occurs to me that signing Lee might have prevented signing Beltre. So maybe don't imagine that scenario.)

I actually understood why he chose Philly over staying in Arlington. It didn't bother me so much, to tell you the truth.

His wife didn't like the heat nor the traffic. So let me ask, either one of those getting much better? Besides that, they have a special needs child and the facilities in Philadelphia apparently are world class.

And like you, if it took Cliff heading off to PA to get Beltre here, "thank you Mr. Lee." In fact, I thank him twice. Once for what he did for us while here, and once for allowing Mr B to join our ranks.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife didn't like the heat nor the traffic. So let me ask, either one of those getting much better? Besides that, they have a special needs child and the facilities in Philadelphia apparently are world class.

Only reason I'd heard was the child situation. Which, great for them. Hard to sympathize too much about heat and traffic when your income is north of $20m, but that's just me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I'd heard was the child situation. Which, great for them. Hard to sympathize too much about heat and traffic when your income is north of $20m, but that's just me.

If I win the lottery - big one that is - I'll always have a place here in North Central Texas. But trust me, me and July/Aug in said region, are divorced.

Seriously, I've always disliked the aspect of "everything is a car ride away. And a long one at that" in regards to here. It's one of the things I love about here. But at the same time, I've only experienced a place where you can walk to the grocery store, a fresh-food-market, a school, etc when growing up in Nashville TN and back then, it was a town, not a city at all. And you can get that in a lot of cities in the northeast today. No yester-year required.

Perhaps I'm a snob-wanna-be and my time is running out; running out fast too. ha ha

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cliff Lee would've meant no beltre.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff Lee would've meant no beltre.
Not gonna lie....I love Beltre so much I don't even know if I would trade one WS for him never being a Ranger. That sounds ludicrous to say because I am supposed to root for laundry over players, but dammit the guy makes it impossible not to love him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie....I love Beltre so much I don't even know if I would trade one WS for him never being a Ranger. That sounds ludicrous to say because I am supposed to root for laundry over players, but dammit the guy makes it impossible not to love him.

Sorry, but I'd trade Beltre yesterday in order to have one WS banner flowing above Arlington. That's why we play the game.

And yes, I cheer for the franchise, not just individual players.

It's not a negative toward Adrian.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I'd trade Beltre yesterday in order to have one WS banner flowing above Arlington. That's why we play the game.

And yes, I cheer for the franchise, not just individual players.

It's not a negative toward Adrian.

I just couldn't live with my self as a fan cheering on guys like the 2011 Cardinals roster or the 2015 Blue Jays...gross.

I just would never talk about the WS title if guys I hated everything about played on the that team. Imagine Berkman and AJP being parts of Ranger history forever because they won? Ugh...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just couldn't live with my self as a fan cheering on guys like the 2011 Cardinals roster or the 2015 Blue Jays...gross.

I just would never talk about the WS title if guys I hated everything about played on the that team. Imagine Berkman and AJP being parts of Ranger history forever because they won? Ugh...

For me, I'm cheering first and foremost for the franchise. And if we happen to win with some A-hole like AJP, so be it. I'll forget about him easy enough. I'll chose to remember the 12-15 other guys who I really liked.

Hell, I've got my love-hate moments with Elvis and Hamilton right now. Not real crazy about Scheppers either. But I'm cheering like mad for us to win it all with these guys if it comes down to it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all hypothetical here... but Cliff Lee on the roster and no Beltre in 2011 wouldn't have guaranteed a banner (I know that's not the point you were making). I mean, Lee was part of a pretty stout rotation in 2011 and they didn't make it out of the DS that year.

And Lee being here also would have meant no Darvish in 2012. Can't even imagine no Beltre and no Darvish.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all hypothetical here... but Cliff Lee on the roster and no Beltre in 2011 wouldn't have guaranteed a banner (I know that's not the point you were making). I mean, Lee was part of a pretty stout rotation in 2011 and they didn't make it out of the DS that year.

And Lee being here also would have meant no Darvish in 2012. Can't even imagine no Beltre and no Darvish.
Turned out well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I'm cheering first and foremost for the franchise. And if we happen to win with some A-hole like AJP, so be it. I'll forget about him easy enough. I'll chose to remember the 12-15 other guys who I really liked.

Hell, I've got my love-hate moments with Elvis and Hamilton right now. Not real crazy about Scheppers either. But I'm cheering like mad for us to win it all with these guys if it comes down to it.
With ya here. If you don't play for the marbles, don't draw the taw line.

Status
Not open for further replies.