• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 15

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

Hope all y'all have a good Christmas!!!

I'm hoping that like in the commercials Santa brings me a new truck...LOL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Belated Christmas everyone! Hope Santa was good to yinz this year!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't shake this nauseous feeling after the loss today... smh

I can't believe how flat we played. Now we need tons of help to get in the playoffs and I say it every year....
If you need help from your foe's to get in, you shouldn't be there!!!
Time to regroup and hope for the best next season.
I'd like to see us get in, but the way we played yesterday, we will be one and done.

Sucks!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how flat we played. Now we need tons of help to get in the playoffs and I say it every year....
If you need help from your foe's to get in, you shouldn't be there!!!
Time to regroup and hope for the best next season.
I'd like to see us get in, but the way we played yesterday, we will be one and done.

Sucks!!!!
Mornin' Psych! :yo:

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo beat the Jets though. So its still fairly plausible that the Steelers could squeak into the playoffs. But like you said... Not sure that would be a good thing with how terrible they looked yesterday. But something tells me that they needed that wakeup call. Sure sweeping back to back wins against the #2 & #3 seeds was pretty epic, but it was against 2 backup QBs. So were they really all that great? I think we found our answer yesterday.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mornin' Psych! :yo:

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo beat the Jets though. So its still fairly plausible that the Steelers could squeak into the playoffs. But like you said... Not sure that would be a good thing with how terrible they looked yesterday. But something tells me that they needed that wakeup call. Sure sweeping back to back wins against the #2 & #3 seeds was pretty epic, but it was against 2 backup QBs. So were they really all that great? I think we found our answer yesterday.

Dont get me wrong Face, I'd love to be there.... It's just something was not right with Ben or the offense. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it suppose to be our Defense that is in question.... and not the offense.
Just something isn't stirring the kool aid.

Oh and BTW, Morning!!!!

:lol:

I mean even with half my shit about me this weekend, it just seemed like they were concussed with how they played..... D-Will had a excellent opening to the game, so why the fuck did we not ride what he was cooking to the end and just beat the piss out of them.... just doesn't add up...IDK, could be me

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong Face, I'd love to be there.... It's just something was not right with Ben or the offense. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it suppose to be our Defense that is in question.... and not the offense.
Just something isn't stirring the kool aid.

Oh and BTW, Morning!!!!

:lol:

I mean even with half my shit about me this weekend, it just seemed like they were concussed with how they played..... D-Will had a excellent opening to the game, so why the fuck did we not ride what he was cooking to the end and just beat the piss out of them.... just doesn't add up...IDK, could be me
It was a combination of everything, a perfect storm of ineptitude if you will. The run game was working in spurts, but couldn't sustain drives with it. Ben wasn't having a great game so that didn't help. He was making terrible decisions (forcing throws into double, even triple coverage). WR's were doing him no favors either (couldn't get open, drops). The offensive game plan was very vanilla. Run, run, pass, punt, run, run, pass, punt... Then they decided to go pass heavy in the 2nd half which actually got them back into the game. But Ben's uninspired performance shined through in the end. I'm still calling the defense more into question though. How the fuck do you let a guy that just learned the playbook 2 weeks ago come into the game and bend you over like that? We made Ryan Mallett look like Joe Montana out there. Absolutely pathetic. On top of that, the run defense was getting dominated. The d-line & LBers were getting blown off the ball.

Add that all together and you get a team that plays like the Cleveland Browns.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a combination of everything, a perfect storm of ineptitude if you will. The run game was working in spurts, but couldn't sustain drives with it. Ben wasn't having a great game so that didn't help. He was making terrible decisions (forcing throws into double, even triple coverage). WR's were doing him no favors either (couldn't get open, drops). The offensive game plan was very vanilla. Run, run, pass, punt, run, run, pass, punt... Then they decided to go pass heavy in the 2nd half which actually got them back into the game. But Ben's uninspired performance shined through in the end. I'm still calling the defense more into question though. How the fuck do you let a guy that just learned the playbook 2 weeks ago come into the game and bend you over like that? We made Ryan Mallett look like Joe Montana out there. Absolutely pathetic. On top of that, the run defense was getting dominated. The d-line & LBers were getting blown off the ball.

Add that all together and you get a team that plays like the Cleveland Browns.

Yea, that was pretty bad when The Steelers West can make Rodgers see the skyline 8 times in 3 quarters, but the Original Steelers let a no-body walk all over them.

But as for Ben.... yea, he just wasn't into it yesterday. I don't understand how a team who scores 35+ points for 5 straight games all of a sudden has trouble finding the end-zone.... it just doesn't add up.

I really think the coaching staff went light on them last week, knowing they were facing a 4-9 team with everyone on IR.... which with B-more has never really mattered... they always come in to kick the shit out of us and this year they made complete asses out of Pittsburgh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that was pretty bad when The Steelers West can make Rodgers see the skyline 8 times in 3 quarters, but the Original Steelers let a no-body walk all over them.

But as for Ben.... yea, he just wasn't into it yesterday. I don't understand how a team who scores 35+ points for 5 straight games all of a sudden has trouble finding the end-zone.... it just doesn't add up.

I really think the coaching staff went light on them last week, knowing they were facing a 4-9 team with everyone on IR.... which with B-more has never really mattered... they always come in to kick the shit out of us and this year they made complete asses out of Pittsburgh.
Exactly... It was almost as if they coaching staff expected Baltimore to roll over if they simply showed up. Going for it on 4th down on the opening drive instead of kicking a FG, especially when playing on the road in a hostile environment, is inexcusable. I don't care how well your team has been playing, there's not a single HOF coach that would back that call. That momentum swing that early was something they never recovered from. Tomlin should be feeling a lot of heat this week. His arrogance likely cost them their season.

I've never been of the belief that Haley is a good OC. He can be downright retarded on most Sundays. He rides Ben's coat tails all season long, but somehow avoids the heat when the team doesn't perform very well. Doesn't make sense. I would really like to see a new OC get hired but I know that is very unlikely.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... It was almost as if they coaching staff expected Baltimore to roll over if they simply showed up. Going for it on 4th down on the opening drive instead of kicking a FG, especially when playing on the road in a hostile environment, is inexcusable. I don't care how well your team has been playing, there's not a single HOF coach that would back that call. That momentum swing that early was something they never recovered from. Tomlin should be feeling a lot of heat this week. His arrogance likely cost them their season.

I've never been of the belief that Haley is a good OC. He can be downright retarded on most Sundays. He rides Ben's coat tails all season long, but somehow avoids the heat when the team doesn't perform very well. Doesn't make sense. I would really like to see a new OC get hired but I know that is very unlikely.

Yea, I never really liked how he did things, and still don't. I knew we were in deep shit when his first move was to remove the Full-Back from the back field. I mean forever Pittsburgh has lead the NFL in rushing, and we are talking by thousands of yards, and always, always had a full-back. I understand that the times are changing in the NFL, but even Rooney himself bitched because we didn't run as much.

I'm of the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.... well Haley hasn't done much of shit except ride off of Ben and what he can do, you are right. There is no reason in the world with the talent on that offense we are not the ones the NFL fears. But Haley can't game plan worth a shit IMO.... Arains had his flaws, but Arains had everyones respect..... This guy, honestly, fire his ass and bring Wiz back.... LOL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I never really liked how he did things, and still don't. I knew we were in deep shit when his first move was to remove the Full-Back from the back field. I mean forever Pittsburgh has lead the NFL in rushing, and we are talking by thousands of yards, and always, always had a full-back. I understand that the times are changing in the NFL, but even Rooney himself bitched because we didn't run as much.

I'm of the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.... well Haley hasn't done much of shit except ride off of Ben and what he can do, you are right. There is no reason in the world with the talent on that offense we are not the ones the NFL fears. But Haley can't game plan worth a shit IMO.... Arains had his flaws, but Arains had everyones respect..... This guy, honestly, fire his ass and bring Wiz back.... LOL
Truth.

The playcalling in yesterday's game was absurd. 1st and goal on the 1 yd line and we lineup with an empty backfield? Ben hasn’t found his groove all day, and you remove D-Will who was the only weapon working so far, and he really expected fireworks from that? The result, a negated 100+yd pick 6. Then they run D-Will on that "whoopsie-daisy" do-over and get a TD the very next play. smh. Not to mention every time they went heavy set throughout the game they ran the ball. Then every time they went spread formation they passed it. You're really making a DC's job easy for him there Haley!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth.

The playcalling in yesterday's game was absurd. 1st and goal on the 1 yd line and we lineup with an empty backfield? Ben hasn’t found his groove all day, and you remove D-Will who was the only weapon working so far, and he really expected fireworks from that? The result, a negated 100+yd pick 6. Then they run D-Will on that "whoopsie-daisy" do-over and get a TD the very next play. smh. Not to mention every time they went heavy set throughout the game they ran the ball. Then every time they went spread formation they passed it. You're really making a DC's job easy for him there Haley!

OMG, dude you are not shitting!!!!

Why worry about the fuckin headsets and shit, fuckin Haley might as well hold up a poster board on the sidelines saying what the play is going to be.... he masks nothing. I understand if your cocky and confident, but this guy cant produce worth a shit. And as for the the use of talent.... this guy waists talent like I've never seen!!!! It's just really pathetic, and a damn shame for us as fans!!!!