• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official unofficial GM's updated mock draft

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am not trying to score high on the game itself... just trying to mock out how I think we should go... that is what makes it fun to me.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back to fanspeak... no trades allowed. So this is how it came out:
DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
SOUTH CAROLINA
S CALVIN PRYOR
LOUISVILLE
OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
ALABAMA
CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD
G ANTHONY STEEN
ALABAMA
QB DAVID FALES
SAN JOSE STATE
WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
S HAKEEM SMITH
LOUISVILLE
FB GATOR HOSKINS
MARSHALL
RB JAMES WILDER
FLORIDA STATE
ILB GLENN CARSON
PENN STATE
TE COLT LYERLA
OREGON

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is from first-pick with us dropping to #6, getting an extra 2nd and a 1st next year:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (ATL): Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 1 Pick 13: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State (B)
Round 2 Pick 12: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 11: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA (D+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 12: Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley (A)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, Brigham Young (C)
Round 7 Pick 11: James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (B)
Round 7 Pick 34 (COMP): Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (C+)
Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP): DeDe Lattimore, ILB, South Florida (C-)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My latest FanSpeak:

2 WR SAMMY WATKINS, CLEMSON
13 DT AARON DONALD, PITTSBURGH
44 S DEONE BUCANNON, WASHINGTON STATE
75 OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON, TENNESSEE
110 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY, FLORIDA
153 QB AARON MURRAY, GEORGIA
188 G JON HALAPIO, FLORIDA
214 ILB KHAIRI FORTT, CALIFORNIA
226 TE COLT LYERLA, OREGON
241 FB TREY MILLARD, OKLAHOMA
249 S BROCK VEREEN, MINNESOTA
250 RB JERICK MCKINNON, GEORGIA SOUTHERN

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McKinnon, Isaiah Crowell, Antonio Andrews and Wilder at RB in the late rounds. Also, mark my words, if we do pass on Watkins (which I think we will), a guy I would look at in the late rounds in Jeff Janis. Dude was a beast at the combine and then his private workout was awesome... he has moved from undrafted to early 6th round,...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McKinnon, Isaiah Crowell, Antonio Andrews and Wilder at RB in the late rounds. Also, mark my words, if we do pass on Watkins (which I think we will), a guy I would look at in the late rounds in Jeff Janis. Dude was a beast at the combine and then his private workout was awesome... he has moved from undrafted to early 6th round,...

From what I have seen of Andrews, I think whomever ends up with him will be getting a solid RB. Probably will go late just because of playing in the Sun Belt.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My abosolute final update before Thursday. I predict I will get better than half of the picks correct:

1 Matthews OT
1 Gilbert CB
2 Su'a-Filo OG
3 Brooks S
4 Savage QB
5 Coleman WR
6 Dixon S
6 Freeman RB
7 Spruill OLB
7 Thornton DT
7 Colvin CB
7 Bolser TE

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems you like Filo over Jackson KSUDodgers.

I do retro, I have always liked him the best of the OG... He has slipped a bit the last few weeks to where he looks to be available in the 2nd round as opposed to being a late first guy a few weeks back. I would be happy with Jackson in that spot as well however.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jackson better but I actually think Richburg should be the pick, he can play center, we can get rid of Wells, save money and have more options, plus I think he can also play OG if we needed him too.

Either way, inside OL is more of a need then a OT and I don't think we should waste our 1st pick on OT

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel will get some team riled up and the hype for JF and Clowney will be too huge for some stupid team
To overcome. If we can somehow pull off a trade with that #2 pick and stay in the top 5 to take SWatkins and have more picks... Wow

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If devante freeman goes in the 6th, I will have sex with a sheep.

Baaah. I would love to get that little bolt of lightning! Another bowling ball but with serious speed.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most mocks have him in the 5th or 6th SJ... but I would not mind Isaiah Crowell or Freeman's partner at Tallahassee, James Wilder Jr at that spot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'll take wilder and/or freeman.

Freeman is a beast from Miami and a steal. Someone down south will snatch him up. And so is Bridgewater. I love me some south FL football players like I do Illinois basketball players.

Somethin in the water in those areas

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jackson better but I actually think Richburg should be the pick, he can play center, we can get rid of Wells, save money and have more options, plus I think he can also play OG if we needed him too.

Either way, inside OL is more of a need then a OT and I don't think we should waste our 1st pick on OT

Um, if you really want to get rid of Wells that bad we have a former 3 time All American on the roster already who can play EITHER OG spot OR C.... his name? Barrett Jones. No need for Richberg. And as for your assessment of NOT needing an OT, we do need an OT and I would MUCH rather draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round, but drafting anywhere in the top 8, the only real choices for us based on need are WR and OT. You cannot take any of the DB's that high, you cannot take a luxury pick like Donald that high. And unless we stay at #2, Watkins will not be there for us. My only adjustment would be Watkins instead of Matthews and then drafting an OL instead of Coleman in round 5....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um, if you really want to get rid of Wells that bad we have a former 3 time All American on the roster already who can play EITHER OG spot OR C.... his name? Barrett Jones. No need for Richberg. And as for your assessment of NOT needing an OT, we do need an OT and I would MUCH rather draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round, but drafting anywhere in the top 8, the only real choices for us based on need are WR and OT. You cannot take any of the DB's that high, you cannot take a luxury pick like Donald that high. And unless we stay at #2, Watkins will not be there for us. My only adjustment would be Watkins instead of Matthews and then drafting an OL instead of Coleman in round 5....

I would argue that you can't draft solely for need, especially early. Where is this OT opening? Barksdale was a top 15 RT last year and Long is set at LT. The only question would be Long being ready for week 1. In my opinion, the positions the Rams need most are LG (if Jones doesn't step in there), CB and FS, but the value isn't there in top 7 or so at those positions.