• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2011 Other Scores Thread

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, The U will roll at home IMO. They are much better than the record indicates and they are in a really soft part of their schedule (minus FSU). Wouldn't surprise me to see them ride a 7-game win streak into the bowl game (following the loss to VT). You can always say what-if, but Miami is a 1st game flop vs. MD (big play meltdown in final 4 minutes), a goal line stand from K-State, and a 20yd LT run with 45 seconds left to go from being undefeated..

true.....but in that same sense you could also just saw we are a 5th game flop from being undefeated...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true.....but in that same sense you could also just saw we are a 5th game flop from being undefeated...

Ehhh. I see your point 757, maybe "lack of concentration.execution" or "somewhat of a 4th quarter meltdown" would be a better way to put it. They were up late and gave up a bomb, then FG, then STILL had a chance and threw a pick 6 with a couple minutes left. I think they were down 10 starters or something that first game..no excuses you have to win some of those close games, just like we have had to do. Now as far as our game goes..I'm not sure if I would call that a flop (yeah you could) or call it we didn't show up ready to play and got our asses whooped!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be eating crow yet again..Whova is looking good at Miami so far..WTF is with the consistency in the ACC..are we that deep or that weak..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Huge miss on that last FG imo. Uva has pretty much dominated this game so far but I have a feeling Miami isnt finished: whoVa needs as many points as possible.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This UVA-ThUg game is rather entertaining to watch. I am actually pulling for UVA (im ashamed) because i loathe ThUg with a passion. I will root for a queer in a tie over a guy who might shank me.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sound you hear is the world's largest simultaneous display of unprotected gay sex taking place in Charlottesville right now.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sound you hear is the world's largest simultaneous display of unprotected gay sex taking place in Charlottesville right now.

Just curious... How much does it matter that all that hoo-in-hoo action is "unprotected"?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This UVA-ThUg game is rather entertaining to watch. I am actually pulling for UVA (im ashamed) because i loathe ThUg with a passion. I will root for a queer in a tie over a guy who might shank me.

you didnt hear? thats the miami fans now-days too

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didnt hear? thats the miami fans now-days too

Hear it? I saw it. Had to to believe it. I had no idea Miami fans were capable of tying ties.

They need to keep doing those Cane All-Access pieces... And the footage better have some crying kids and life lessons in it because that performance last night was pretty sad/telling.

I'm glad London was able to walk off the field under his own power and didn't fall into a joyful sobbing heap...

... like last time.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else seen michael irvin (who i think really prides himself on his wardrobe) wearing an al golden tie shirt? I dont know what else to call it; it's basically a al golden version of the tuxedo shirt

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um GT is kicking the crap out of Clemson at halftime..

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully clemson's loss will shut dabo up a little bit. his cockiness and the espn love for clemson was really pissing me off lol.

what this means though is that if we lose to GT, we are basically done. we would likely not go to the title game if we lose since GT would only have duke in conference and they should beat them. we just have to get the job done a week from thursday. guys have to rebound and step up. bonus is that we have a bye week to focus on the triple option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully clemson's loss will shut dabo up a little bit. his cockiness and the espn love for clemson was really pissing me off lol.

what this means though is that if we lose to GT, we are basically done. we would likely not go to the title game if we lose since GT would only have duke in conference and they should beat them. we just have to get the job done a week from thursday. guys have to rebound and step up. bonus is that we have a bye week to focus on the triple option.

Yeah this GT game will be HUGE..def. a must win. A very tough last three games for VT..hope we are up to the task, especially the next game..

Old Dominion tops James Madison 23-20 | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Side Note: Glad to see ODU doing well down in the 757. I thought they would eventually do well in FCS but not quite this fast (In a very tough conference to boot). The Div. 1 leftovers (not recruited by VT and UVA) in the 757 and Virginia as a whole is tremendous. This state has by far the best collection of FCS football programs in the country IMO. JMU, Richmond, William and Mary, Liberty, NSU, now throw in ODU

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this GT game will be HUGE..def. a must win. A very tough last three games for VT..hope we are up to the task, especially the next game..

thing is we can afford to lose to unc if we beat GT. if we lose to GT, there is a 99% chance we dont win the coastal since GT would then have to lose to duke. needless to say, we HAVE to beat georgia tech a week from thursday.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry Jones is a solid back. and maryland is awful