• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The O Line

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but i thought I read he damaged ligaments in his foot? If that is the case -- I'm not sure how effective he will be when his mobility will be limited. Maybe they made it sound worse than it actually is.

I truly hope that is the case though. Our RT's were horrible against the Packers.

Hilliard has the foot ligament injury. Waddle was a hamstring, he will be back soon.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions are winning this doesn't bother me. Especially if he is contributing by next year. Some first round picks take some grooming. Get him out there 20 plays a game, get him up to NFL speed. I expect him to take a bigger role by the end of this year, and be a real contributor by next year. Realistically the other players we might have been eyeing at 10 were Donald, Pryor and Dix. And I dont think they'd be making much of an impact at this point either. I am not going to be down on a draft pick 3 games into his career. Give it time.

I'm not writing him off at all. Skill position players make the easiest transition to the NFL though, which is why you see all the first round guys contributing to their teams already. Evans and Watkins, even though they are on brutal passing teams have 13 catches already. Brandon Cooks has 18 catches already. Kelvin Benjamin has been a beast for Carolina with 16 catches.

The only 1st round WR or TE that has done less thru 3 games is Odell Beckham and that is because he is hurt and hasn't played.

To me -- if you have a top 10 pick -- that guy should step in immediately and help the team. That is why you are getting to draft that high. Am I wrong in that thinking? I could see if it was a QB, taking some time or if it was a CB, needing some time.

For whatever reason though -- he isn't even getting the opportunities to make an impact. How many balls has he had thrown his way thru games?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing him off at all. Skill position players make the easiest transition to the NFL though, which is why you see all the first round guys contributing to their teams already. Evans and Watkins, even though they are on brutal passing teams have 13 catches already. Brandon Cooks has 18 catches already. Kelvin Benjamin has been a beast for Carolina with 16 catches.

The only 1st round WR or TE that has done less thru 3 games is Odell Beckham and that is because he is hurt and hasn't played.

To me -- if you have a top 10 pick -- that guy should step in immediately and help the team. That is why you are getting to draft that high. Am I wrong in that thinking? I could see if it was a QB, taking some time or if it was a CB, needing some time.

For whatever reason though -- he isn't even getting the opportunities to make an impact. How many balls has he had thrown his way thru games?

Benjamin, Watkins and Evans are on teams that needed that position. We don't draft need. That has to be obvious by now. We drafted who our draft team thought was the most talented player available. The guy they feel is going to help our team over their career. Ebron will be our TE. 3 games matters not. Getting him ready and letting progress into the role they drafted him for is far more important than immediate gratification.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin, Watkins and Evans are on teams that needed that position. We don't draft need. That has to be obvious by now. We drafted who our draft team thought was the most talented player available. The guy they feel is going to help our team over their career. Ebron will be our TE. 3 games matters not. Getting him ready and letting progress into the role they drafted him for is far more important than immediate gratification.

I see what you are saying. It is just frustrating to listen to our coach and GM, talking about win now mode and then drafting a player who has been non-existent.

When you get a top 10 pick -- it is a player who should make an impact from the get go, IMO. I hate that he isn't even being targeted. It makes me think, as long as the Lions have Calvin and Tate -- his opportunities will be very limited.

I can't believe that this long after the draft -- I can still have such a disdain for a draft pick made by the front office. UGH.

I just hope they figured out a way to get quality minutes from him and figure out how to get him the ball.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He practiced today. Limited but was there.

That is great to hear. If we can get a solid RT back -- it will be a tremendous help for our offense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying. It is just frustrating to listen to our coach and GM, talking about win now mode and then drafting a player who has been non-existent.

When you get a top 10 pick -- it is a player who should make an impact from the get go, IMO. I hate that he isn't even being targeted. It makes me think, as long as the Lions have Calvin and Tate -- his opportunities will be very limited.

I can't believe that this long after the draft -- I can still have such a disdain for a draft pick made by the front office. UGH.

I just hope they figured out a way to get quality minutes from him and figure out how to get him the ball.

Trustme... You remember before the draft that Lionstop wanted Watkins? Let us know daily.

You can post about Ebron 32 different ways. I get it, you are not happy with the pick.

Just like most draft picks, it takes time to adjust to NFL. Those receivers are not putting up All Pro numbers. I can almost bet if Ebron was sitting at 15 receptions at this moment you still would want more.

The guy who is producing and giving bang for buck is Fuller. Imagine that CB is doing decent. Will he stay on this pace???? Can not say no more than saying Ebron may produce more later.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we drafted a CB in the 1st round I'm pretty sure he would be on the DL like the rest of our wishful thinking players....Really Tulloch? ACL for celebrating? WTF.....Just tear that shit in the offseason playing with your kids and I can respect that.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Important thing, I think we can all agree is wins. Game vs jets. I don't care if ebron doesn't have a catch or goes off for 200 yards. I want to see winning football. First round picks udfa or whoever. Make plays and win.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just frustrating to listen to our coach and GM, talking about win now mode and then drafting a player who has been non-existent.
Just b/c they have said they want to win now, doesn't mean they stop building for the future as well. Pettigrew obviously isn;t the receiving option this new staff wants. So they drafted Ebron in hopes that he will become that.

Nobody even knows for sure if Mayhew and co. will be fired after this season. If they make a serious run at the playoffs, and even make some noise once there, I doubt they get fired. And if Ebron progresses like we hope he will, then we not only got a contributor this season, but for future ones as well.

Like gandy said, we get that you don't like the pick. No use harping on it every chance you can. In fact, I think you should just put it in your sig so that it's there for everyone to see, every post you make. ;)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like most draft picks, it takes time to adjust to NFL. Those receivers are not putting up All Pro numbers. I can almost bet if Ebron was sitting at 15 receptions at this moment you still would want more

I would be doing cartwheels if Ebron had 15 receptions, as it means he is actually being used. He has been targeted 8 times and has 3 catches thru 3 games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important thing, I think we can all agree is wins. Game vs jets. I don't care if ebron doesn't have a catch or goes off for 200 yards. I want to see winning football. First round picks udfa or whoever. Make plays and win.

Absolutely agree. Wins are what matter. I truly hope Ebron develops and can help the team going forward. The 2nd half of the season, the schedule is going to be brutal. We are going to need all the help we can get.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just let it run its course. Take it as a good thing he's not being thrust into action he hasn't earned yet. You know who was? Joey Harrington. Ever heard of him? How about Charles Rodgers? Should I keep going? I think not. But I'll leave you with a guy who wasn't thrust into the mix right away and his first year was 4th on our team in receptions: Calvin Johnson.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be doing cartwheels if Ebron had 15 receptions, as it means he is actually being used. He has been targeted 8 times and has 3 catches thru 3 games.

Reiff is working out good I read from y'all. Albeit pick 21 not much first year apparently paying dividends year 2and 3.

Benjamin is truly only threat IMO in Carolina. He will have numbers. what would he have in Detroit? Prolly 8 targets and 3 catches.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we drafted a CB in the 1st round I'm pretty sure he would be on the DL like the rest of our wishful thinking players....Really Tulloch? ACL for celebrating? WTF.....Just tear that shit in the offseason playing with your kids and I can respect that.

Drinking the Ebron koolaid still Muzz?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player celebrates a big play. The fact Tulloch got hurt is just unfortunate.

The O-Line played well enough last year. Stafford getting the ball out quick helped them look better and himself look worse. He targets CJ when he's under pressure. If you see him locking on to CJ, pay attention to the lines play. The injuries on the right side are going to be tough moving forward. If that pressure comes, look for quick outs to the first read.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking the Ebron koolaid still Muzz?
Never cared for the pick, but pretty sure It didn't matter who we picked. I still would have bitched....I'm only happy when I'm complaining.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never cared for the pick, but pretty sure It didn't matter who we picked. I still would have bitched....I'm only happy when I'm complaining.

That said, you are a very happy person