• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL's Best O-lines

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You were the one lamenting my lack of a sense of humour. There ya go! :D

I can't wait to Ban you.

Mr_Burns_excellent.gif

...kidding; don't freak out. I'm not going to ban anyone (unfortunately).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one lamenting my lack of a sense of humour. There ya go! :D

I can't wait to Ban you.

Mr_Burns_excellent.gif

...kidding; don't freak out. I'm not going to ban anyone (unfortunately).

You sure you want to take on Clyde's headache?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:agree:

I think Crabs might price himself out of SFO......

It's going to depend on how well he plays this year and how much he asks for.

It's clear we're in better position to replace Iupati than we are Crabtree.

Also the Cap is supposed to shoot up again next year so it would be more feasible to give Crabtree his asking price.

And I don't buy this notion that Stevie Johnson makes it less likely we keep Crabtree. We made the move for Johnson because it was too good of a deal to pass up not because we were thinking of it being a move that would replace Crabs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carl Nicks-type contract, probably. ~31mil guaranteed. 6mil first year signing bonus. It'll average about 7-8mil per year.

It's gonna come down to Crabs vs. Iupati next off season. No way we keep both. And we just took a couple of interior OL so it looks like Crabs will win.

We also traded for a WR who has some similarities to Crabtree and is only a year older.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be open to putting the franchise tag on Crabby for a maximum of 1 year if it doesn't look like a good replacement is available & other factors made it work (cap, other FAs and so on). Niners missed the boat on getting a future replacement by passing on Donte Moncrief IMO.

So far, Baalke seems to like getting receivers by trading for one (Boldin, Stevie, Baldwin). Maybe he'll do so again.

My question is, does this reflect a lack of faith in his own abilities to draft a WR, or in the coaching staff's ability to develop one? Or is it just a coincidence?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My question is, does this reflect a lack of faith in his own abilities to draft a WR, or in the coaching staff's ability to develop one? Or is it just a coincidence?

Coach Morton is all for Stevie Johnson trades...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I would go with coincidence.

Boldin was a steal for a 6th and Johnson was a great deal for a conditional pick as well.

But you just can't plan on those moves since both required the other team to make them available and being able to outbid other potential interested teams.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be open to putting the franchise tag on Crabby for a maximum of 1 year if it doesn't look like a good replacement is available & other factors made it work (cap, other FAs and so on). Niners missed the boat on getting a future replacement by passing on Donte Moncrief IMO.

So far, Baalke seems to like getting receivers by trading for one (Boldin, Stevie, Baldwin). Maybe he'll do so again.

Baalke is trading for WRs because he's finally realized over the past 2 years his WR scouting is good for shit.
He's finally coming to his senses. :-)

I hope we don't re-sign Crabtree. I want a better #1 WR. Example: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, AJ Green.
I'd rather resign Iupati.