• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFLPA's appeal letter

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will go to court where the appeal will succeed for the same reasons the other appeals succeeded.

The end result Goodell == buffoon.

But tough!
not this time .. i dont think it even gets to court and if it does the punishment sticks cause they got brady dead to rights .. he lied and cheated .. face the facts brady will be out the first 4 games .. deal with it

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to change the outcome. Brady will get 2 games and some of the team penalty will likely be reduced. This was going to happen no matter what threats they make.

And Patriot fans will claim this as a huge win and proof that Brady is innocent (I mean, why else would they reduce the penalty).

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we are on some common ground for a change.

This stopped being about real guilty or innocent some time ago. It is about how much did they actually prove and did the punishment meet that level of proof? Ultimately I think it was more than a bit too much, but more the team stuff. 2 draft picks for not making McNally available?

If they had just put in for 2 games and a fine for the team, would there have been as much of a reaction?

No. I really think the tipping point on this whole saga is the draft picks and the wanting additional penalties for spygate which they paid for severely.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will go to court where the appeal will succeed for the same reasons the other appeals succeeded.

The end result Goodell == buffoon.

But tough!

If this is a point by point rebuttal, it is pathetic. It just highlights the fact that the Pats and Brady have no case. The prime example is embodied in one word, "DEFLATOR".

It’s been clear from the start that the Pats through that idiot agent for Brady, Don Yee, have openly violated the criticism rule by proxy. Now Kraft has decided that "this is war and to hell with the rulebook." It’ll be interesting to see what happens along those lines.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jykyll and Mr. Hyde (Brady) continues to hideout, leaving his answer to the question, “are you a cheater” and answer “I don’t think so” lingering in the air.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Patriot fans will claim this as a huge win and proof that Brady is innocent (I mean, why else would they reduce the penalty).
You got it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is a point by point rebuttal, it is pathetic. It just highlights the fact that the Pats and Brady have no case. The prime example is embodied in one word, "DEFLATOR".

It’s been clear from the start that the Pats through that idiot agent for Brady, Don Yee, have openly violated the criticism rule by proxy. Now Kraft has decided that "this is war and to hell with the rulebook." It’ll be interesting to see what happens along those lines.

This is a totally spereate issue and will have no bearing on the case if it goes to court. Goofy can open this up as a new investigation/punishment if he chooses.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoBlake you have to be close to using up your anal (oops I meant annual) supply of BS emicons? Glad you've had so much value to offer over the past few days.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely eliminate the suspension. That's what Patriots fans will claim as vindication.

If there's still a wrist-slap fine, we'll probably whine about that and say it doesn't prove anything.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny part is that ray rice had more of a case than tom brady . ray rice had double jeopardy wonder if the commish wearing his pats undies will try and up brady's penalty ? anybody thinks that the pats will not spend 2 or 3 million to defend this is just stupid . they don't like the draft picks and what will happen the next time they get caught cheating .

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoBlake you have to be close to using up your anal (oops I meant annual) supply of BS emicons? Glad you've had so much value to offer over the past few days.

It's more efficient to just use the BS icon to identify a BS post (and you're right, there have been MANY) than replying with the same exact messages over and over and over and over and over and over (which seems to be your MO).

I'm only using the BS icon when it's truly deserved (which, admittedly, is quite often this week).

I wish you'd use it more rather than all the copy/paste you're doing.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats fans are the worse at this and you calling someone else on it is funny .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I really think the tipping point on this whole saga is the draft picks and the wanting additional penalties for spygate which they paid for severely.
why ??? in the court system they give harsher punishment for repeat offenders . if it get to arbitration what he decides is final . i wonder if the irs will step in and go after the gifts ?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more efficient to just use the BS icon to identify a BS post (and you're right, there have been MANY) than replying with the same exact messages over and over and over and over and over and over (which seems to be your MO).

I'm only using the BS icon when it's truly deserved (which, admittedly, is quite often this week).

I wish you'd use it more rather than all the copy/paste you're doing.
Or you can just use the bs icon because you are unable to add any value? Obviously your friend Teddy Ruxpin is not only uneducated but has a problem with math also.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand why the appeal didn't limit itself to rebutting legitimate questionable points in the Wells report instead of using the kitchen sink approach with laughable explanations such as fattie = deflator points.

Seems to me, the NFL and Goodell care less about an appeal being successful and more about 'looking' strong against any infraction that affects 'the integrity of the game'. This is laughable given the wild variance of penalties meted out in recent years.

But right or wrong, IMO, a line is being drawn in the sand and a precedent is being made about rules violations, no matter how small.

Personally, I think Goodell looks foolish no matter which direction he turns.

One motive would be they don't want to see the 'outrage' shown after the absurd minimal Ray Rice penalty on DV. This OTT penalty against the Pats ensures no one has a narrative that the punishment was too little. And gives wiggle room for reduction if they choose to do so. Which I think is likely.

This is about obstruction, arrogance and history of the franchise, not the deflation at this point.

As usual, penalty pendulum swings too great with the thoughts of public opinion looming in the background.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if the irs will step in and go after the gifts ?

Under $10,000/year/person, in every version of the gift-giving I've heard of.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its gonna be funny to see all of the broken hearts of pat fans when the discipline is upheld

Suppose Goodell decides the punishment is inadequate? He could suspend Brady for the entire season or even more.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose Goodell decides the punishment is inadequate? He could suspend Brady for the entire season or even more.

You really aren't paying much attention, are you?

I won't bother explaining what's particularly stupid about that post, even for one made by a crybaby Pats hater.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand why the appeal didn't limit itself to rebutting legitimate questionable points in the Wells report instead of using the kitchen sink approach with laughable explanations such as fattie = deflator points.

Seems to me, the NFL and Goodell care less about an appeal being successful and more about 'looking' strong against any infraction that affects 'the integrity of the game'. This is laughable given the wild variance of penalties meted out in recent years.

But right or wrong, IMO, a line is being drawn in the sand and a precedent is being made about rules violations, no matter how small.

Personally, I think Goodell looks foolish no matter which direction he turns.

One motive would be they don't want to see the 'outrage' shown after the absurd minimal Ray Rice penalty on DV. This OTT penalty against the Pats ensures no one has a narrative that the punishment was too little. And gives wiggle room for reduction if they choose to do so. Which I think is likely.

This is about obstruction, arrogance and history of the franchise, not the deflation at this point.

As usual, penalty pendulum swings too great with the thoughts of public opinion looming in the background.

Best post yet on this, Cali. :clap:
I gotta put part of that in my sig. Pure gold. :yes: