• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think it was the worst decision either. Certainly wasn't worth Arteta's rant.

On the other hand, Havertz should have been sent off and probably Bruno Guimaraes too.

That Havertz tackle was certainly red card worthy, I agree.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanni could be in some trouble...

Vanni was unhinged lol. No filter lmao. The false creek comments and also this … yes he is doing what it looks like hes doing (well not actually doing it lol)

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild one right now with Tottenham and Chelsea. Multitude of disallowed goals, a red card (very poor decision IMO) and a PK.

1-1 with Spurs down a man

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now down two men.... yikes.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs manager on the referee's decisions earlier today:

"You have to accept the referee's decision, that is how I grew up. This constant erosion of the referee's authority is where the game is going to get - they are not going to have any authority. We are going to be under the control of someone with a tv screen a few miles away. The decision is the decision. In 26 years I have had plenty of bad decisions, I have had plenty fall in my favour. It is what it is."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just asking for trouble when you do things like this...There's a reason why they have separate entrances for home and away fans at most British football stadiums. I don't condone abusive or threatening behavior by fans, but these things will happen especially when alcohol is involved.

JoeyVimsanteThePoet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an idea I have.
Scottish, Welsh, And Irish Sides Could Join Major League Soccer!
- I do not want a British league merger, and I do not want Scottish sides to join the English leagues, as it would make people wrongly think Scotland is part of England.
Everyone would think a British league was a continuation of the English leagues. Scotland is not part of England. -
So. Here is my idea.
How about Glasgow Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Dundee, Dundee United join the North American Major League Soccer?
Football is growing in the USA and Canada, so Glasgow Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, and Dundee could bring history and support to Major Leagelue Soccer. The MLS could be the biggest league in the World, so the 8 biggest Scottish sides could benefit from playing in the North American soccer leagues. While also adding lore and passion to the Major League Soccer brand.
Also perhaps clubs from Wales, like Wrexham, Newport County, Cardiff City, and Swansea City could join Major League Soccer.
Perhaps Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland could enter clubs from Dublin and Belfast in Major League Soccer?
Maybe even Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man could enter sides in a Celtic conference?
Perhaps the Celtic nations could form a Celtic Nations League Conference of the MLS? With extra games played against MLS sides from largely Eastern North America, in the regular season. The leading teams would then qualify for the Major League Soccer playoffs.
Even Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers on their own could bring benefits to the MLS system. In terms of commercial support, brand, fans and lore.

It might be that one day all the major European leagues enter sides in the MLS system. Perhaps clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Real Betis, Real Zaragoza, Lens, Nice, Brondby, L Warsaw, A Madrid, Real Sociedad, Parma, AC Milan, Inter Milan, PSG, Sporting Lisbon, B Dortmund, Benfica, Nantes, Lyon, Bayern Munich, Anderlecht. Copenhagen, IFK, Porto, and Ajax could end up joining MLS?
Another view I have.
British – Irish – North American Competitive Soccer Club Trophy.
How about cross border trophies between the leading Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish, Republic of Ireland, England, USA, Mexican, and Canadian soccer club sides, separately at male and female soccer?
The soccer scene in the United States of America, and Canada is growing. And there is a strong historical connection between Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Canada, the USA, and England.
Scotland have some top sides in men’s and women’s football like Glasgow Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow City, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian, and Hibernian.
Ireland has a strong cultural connection to the USA and Canada.
And Wales has some strong teams also. Maybe the Welsh sides in the English leagues could take part also.
Plus England has one of the strongest leagues in the World.
There are many, many, cross border trophies that could happen at male and female football between the teams from the British and Irish Isles and North America.
The Scottish would bring fans, intense, passion and massive passionate support. While would be able to grow commercially in a big market.
The Scottish leading sides like Celtic and Rangers would see the USA as a dream come true.
The leading MLS and NWSL sides would benefit from playing big teams from the British and Irish Isles.
There could be various trophies such as
1. A Scottish – USA Women’s Cup. The winner of the Scottish Women’s Premier and NWSL play a match to claim the dual title of Scotland and the USA.
2. A Scottish – Major League Soccer Cup With the winners of the Scottish Premiership and MLS in a one off or two leg tie. This could be even bigger with 4 Scottish Premier sides playing all or 4 of the MLS sides in North America in a Scottish MLS Cup.
3. The Anglo–American Cup. A men’s version could be the champions of the EPL v the champions of the MLS. Or at women’s level, the champions of the NWSL versus the champions of the English Super League. It could even have in the men’s game teams from the lower tiers.
4. A British – Ireland – North American Men’s Cup. Played between the champions of Scotland, Wales, the League of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Mexico, the MLS. Or it could be even more teams from Scotland (maybe all top tier sides), and the MLS. As Scotland and the MLS could afford that.
5. A British – Ireland – North American Women’s Cup. Played between the champions of Scotland, Wales, the League of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Mexico, the NWSL. Or it could be even more teams from Scotland (maybe up to 4 top tier sides) and the NWSL. As Scotland, Mexico, and the NWSL could afford that.
6. A Scottish – USA – Canada – Mexico Cup – Played between the leading sides of Canada, Scotland, Mexico, and the USA.
7. A Celtic – American Men’s Cup. Played between multiple Scottish and MLS sides (including the league champions), plus the champions of Wales, Northern Ireland, and the League of Ireland. This could be played in the USA or Canada. As the Celtic nations have strong links to the nations of the USA and Canada.
8. A Celtic – American Women’s Cup. Played between multiple Scottish Premier and NWSL sides (including the league champions),plus the champions of Wales, Northern Ireland, and the League of Ireland. This could be played in the USA or Canada. As the Celtic nations have strong links to the USA and Canada.
8. Scottish, Welsh, Irish, MLS, Dutch, and Belgian sides entering the English FA Cup, English Football League Cup, English FA Trophy, or the FA Vase.
10. The Irish - Scottish - USA Male Cup. Played between the leading top tier sides of Scotland, the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and all MLS sides.
11. The Irish - Scottish - USA Women’s Cup. Played between the champions of Ireland, Scotland and the NWSL.
Merci. Diolch. Thanks.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No co-ed teams is ano go for me. Otherwise, I’m on board.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldest ever Champions League goalscorer. This guy was playing Portuguese first division games in 2002 lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldest ever Champions League goalscorer. This guy was playing Portuguese first division games in 2002 lol

More impressive he’s still on the pitch at 90 minutes and hasn’t stomped on somebody and sent off yet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More impressive he’s still on the pitch at 90 minutes and hasn’t stomped on somebody and sent off yet.
Funny that he's only gotten 1 red card since the 2014 World Cup and Ramos has received about 20 but Pepe is the one who's still seen as the masochist in that pairing lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
United being this consistently bad is quite the achievement.

The sweetest part to that result is Harry Maguire campaigning for a penalty prior to dragging/holding a Copenhagen player (penalty was given by the way) that gave United a 3-2 lead at the time. FC Copenhagen then scores two goals to win 4-3.

You could say that was a wonderful, wonderful result for Copenhagen :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Kane with two more goals today in Champions League action.