• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys ... disappointing distressing and depressing news im sure (for all 3 of you - :pound:) ... but no euro pool from me ... my lazy ass brother is not putting one on this year so theres nothing for me to pilfer

and Im lazier than he so there is no way in bloody hell that Im setting up the template for it lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys ... disappointing distressing and depressing news im sure (for all 3 of you - :pound:) ... but no euro pool from me ... my lazy ass brother is not putting one on this year so theres nothing for me to pilfer

and Im lazier than he so there is no way in bloody hell that Im setting up the template for it lol

lol - That's ok, we all know that ze Germans are going to win it anyway, right?

/Call me crazy, but I think England has a very good chance at a deep run in this tourney.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... todays canada friendly v Uzbeks may have been fixed???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

That's a fantastic header, too bad it was in the wrong goal :D

As far as the result is concerned though...

borat-thumbs-up.jpg

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that English footy fans are like Leafs fans?

:behindsofa:

i actually took some time out to think about this and have come to the conclusion that english sawker fans are more delusional ... yes ... yes ... controversial decision ... it was close :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - That's ok, we all know that ze Germans are going to win it anyway, right?

/Call me crazy, but I think England has a very good chance at a deep run in this tourney.
Terrible defence. Have to start Rooney because ???. They might take a game by surprise but I no shot for me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Euro, Spain might be unstoppable again even if they do put Casillas in rather than De Gea who should be a no brainer there. France has the same defensive problems as England and left one of the best strikers on earth at home but that midfield is going to be terrifying to opponents. Germany might be in trouble but they also might be just fine. Italy, Portugal, Belgium I have no idea how good any of them truly are and by the time the 3 of them are done beating the crap out of each other in the first two rounds I don't know if any of them will have anything left for the next 3 games.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Euro, Spain might be unstoppable again even if they do put Casillas in rather than De Gea who should be a no brainer there. France has the same defensive problems as England and left one of the best strikers on earth at home but that midfield is going to be terrifying to opponents. Germany might be in trouble but they also might be just fine. Italy, Portugal, Belgium I have no idea how good any of them truly are and by the time the 3 of them are done beating the crap out of each other in the first two rounds I don't know if any of them will have anything left for the next 3 games.
Although Belgium is technically the highest ranked of the bunch, I still think the Germans are the most dangerous team in the tournament. They've got a pretty good group draw - if they can keep Lewandowski under control (a big if).

If I'm not mistaken though, there's a good chance Germany and Belgium - assuming both win their groups - could meet in the quarters, which would be a shame.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Belgium is technically the highest ranked of the bunch, I still think the Germans are the most dangerous team in the tournament. They've got a pretty good group draw - if they can keep Lewandowski under control (a big if).

If I'm not mistaken though, there's a good chance Germany and Belgium - assuming both win their groups - could meet in the quarters, which would be a shame.
FIFA rankings are the most useless system ever developed so I wouldn't put much stock into that, but count me as one guy who's never bought into the Belgium hype.

They have Tottenham's defensive pairing now that Kompany is out, which is about as good as it gets, but I'm not convinced at all by their midfield.

They need Hazard to return to form, KDB to do for them what he did for City when healthy, and for one of their strikers to finally jump out and make the position his own. It's just too much of an "everything needs to go their way" scenario for me to see them as a threat.

To group them with the favourites, with Spain, France and Germany, is way out of the question. Like I said, I don't put much between them, Italy and Portugal (and I guess I would group England there too). All 3 could put it together, but just as easily they could see flaws exposed and shortcomings exploited by a stronger contender.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive seen people call it the worst team Italy has ever sent to a tournament (but most of those were MLS honks who are outraged by Giovincos exclusion)

in terms of hopes, Im in the ascension stage right now ... they had a solid effort v Finland yesterday ... i think theyll be a sturdy unspectacular team ... emphasis on team ... Conte put together guys he has worked with and knows ... would not surprise me if they start slow, move through and maybe do something ... thats their m.o. lol

/Buffon is god but he must stink ... Fins didnt want to get near him yesterday

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't do so hot in 2012 but I feel pretty comfortable saying I expect Ireland to run the table, clean slates all the way to the championship. Book it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFA rankings are the most useless system ever developed so I wouldn't put much stock into that, but count me as one guy who's never bought into the Belgium hype.

They have Tottenham's defensive pairing now that Kompany is out, which is about as good as it gets, but I'm not convinced at all by their midfield.

one bad hammie away from a possible Ciman inclusion

/though he did score on the weekend v Norway .. which made Taylor Twat-man rev up his MLS propaganda machine

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need Hazard to return to form, KDB to do for them what he did for City when healthy, and for one of their strikers to finally jump out and make the position his own. It's just too much of an "everything needs to go their way" scenario for me to see them as a threat.

To group them with the favourites, with Spain, France and Germany, is way out of the question. Like I said, I don't put much between them, Italy and Portugal (and I guess I would group England there too). All 3 could put it together, but just as easily they could see flaws exposed and shortcomings exploited by a stronger contender.
I've never seen it either. No way I see how they could technically be considered the top team in Europe right now (just to prove me wrong, they'll probably steamroll the entire tournament).

They're still a bit of an enigma to me. Sometimes they look like they really are a top 3 team in the World and other times they look like they barely belong on the field.

Personally, I see Germany as the standalone favorites, with France and Spain being closer to the others (Belgium included) than they are to Germany.

/Can't wait to watch the games to see just how wrong I end up being!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen people call it the worst team Italy has ever sent to a tournament (but most of those were MLS honks who are outraged by Giovincos exclusion)

in terms of hopes, Im in the ascension stage right now ... they had a solid effort v Finland yesterday ... i think theyll be a sturdy unspectacular team ... emphasis on team ... Conte put together guys he has worked with and knows ... would not surprise me if they start slow, move through and maybe do something ... thats there m.o. lol

/Buffon is god but he must stink ... Fins didnt want to get near him yesterday

Pretty much what I'm expecting. They don't look like they'll give up many goals and those teams always have a shot.

It's big for them if DDR is healthy enough to contribute on a large scale. That's one hell of a piece to move your midfield through, especially because the one thing I've seen repeated is complete puzzlement at what Sturaro and Motta are doing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.