• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Natives are restless again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently a portion of the Native American population is now upset with Pharrell Williams because he was on the cover of a magazine wearing an Indian Chief Headdress. How disrespectful of him because one has to earn the right to wear those. Sorry guys, its a rant I know. But IM really getting the feeling that as a nation we are becoming or allowing some people to become just too fraking sensitive about stuff that has no bearing in the long run. Can I sue Eminem for acting too black when he obviously isnt. Its disrespectful to all the hard working brothers like Snoop and Flava Flav who had to earn their titles as hip hop masters after all.

/End rant

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question?

Does it really end or does starting a thread bring more attention?... and isn't that the point in the first place?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine where this country will be when my boys are grown.:L

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just a matter of time.
Few if any social values, me first mindset and world wide web makes those mountain men life look better and better to me

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently a portion of the Native American population is now upset with Pharrell Williams because he was on the cover of a magazine wearing an Indian Chief Headdress. How disrespectful of him because one has to earn the right to wear those. Sorry guys, its a rant I know. But IM really getting the feeling that as a nation we are becoming or allowing some people to become just too fraking sensitive about stuff that has no bearing in the long run. Can I sue Eminem for acting too black when he obviously isnt. Its disrespectful to all the hard working brothers like Snoop and Flava Flav who had to earn their titles as hip hop masters after all.

/End rant

Eminem is way more talented than Snoop or Flava Flav, sorry, but your hate for Eminem is baseless. He's probably blacker than you are to be honest.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminem is way more talented than Snoop or Flava Flav, sorry, but your hate for Eminem is baseless. He's probably blacker than you are to be honest.

Nice try but the difference there is, Eminem chooses to be a white guy living in that culture. At any point if he chose to be just a white guy he can. Snoop, Flava and for that matter I dont have a choice but to be black in America.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the internet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i am catholic and its blasphemous for saints fans to wear the pope garb

havent heard a peep from anyone about that

this PC crap is getting out of hand

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try but the difference there is, Eminem chooses to be a white guy living in that culture. At any point if he chose to be just a white guy he can. Snoop, Flava and for that matter I dont have a choice but to be black in America.

Eminem isn't trying to be black tho, he's just rapping. Just because you rap doesn't mean you're black, and he's better at rapping than Snoop or Flav, so more power to him IMO.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question?

Does it really end or does starting a thread bring more attention?... and isn't that the point in the first place?

Yes because those Natives are Hoopligans.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just a matter of time.
Few if any social values, me first mindset and world wide web makes those mountain men life look better and better to me

Couldn't agree with ya more PDay.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this serious? Eminen can be both white and black but blacks can only be black? :wtf:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this serious? Eminen can be both white and black but blacks can only be black? :wtf:

I don't even get how Eminem is trying to be black, just because he embraces hip hop culture?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminem isn't trying to be black tho, he's just rapping. Just because you rap doesn't mean you're black, and he's better at rapping than Snoop or Flav, so more power to him IMO.

Better than Flav I will give you. Better than Snoop.. thats a reach. Eminem represents what the music industry has been searching for every since Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice... a white boy that they could put up and say he raps to tap into the cash flow it would represent. Without Dre's backing he would be just another flash in the pan like Thousands of other rappers. As far as talent goes, if a guy has the right looks, the right producer can make ANY hack seem talented if he can talk fast enough to keep up with the beat. I dont consider rapping a talent, its just an ability that can be used to make money.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/End rant

Does Eminem act black? He looks white, sounds white and acts white as far as I can see. He just raps. Either way, if you are not Native then you really can't say if this stuff is offensive or what things should or should not offend them. If Natives are offended then it's offensive. If you're not offended then that's YOU! Yes, a lot of people are too sensitive about a lot of things but if someone were shitting on your traditions, you'd be pissed off too.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even get how Eminem is trying to be black, just because he embraces hip hop culture?

There are black dudes that act "white," (which means educated and speak properly) so to say blacks can't act or be white is disingenuous.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eminem can CHOOSE to live in a culture thats dominated by black people. But at any time he chooses to walk away, he is just another white guy. He doesnt chose to be black, he chooses to live in that culture. And as sad as it is, a certain portion of the population still considers blacks as less than equal based on Skin color. Eminem will NEVER face that problem... rapper or not.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Flav I will give you. Better than Snoop.. thats a reach. Eminem represents what the music industry has been searching for every since Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice... a white boy that they could put up and say he raps to tap into the cash flow it would represent. Without Dre's backing he would be just another flash in the pan like Thousands of other rappers. As far as talent goes, if a guy has the right looks, the right producer can make ANY hack seem talented if he can talk fast enough to keep up with the beat. I dont consider rapping a talent, its just an ability that can be used to make money.

Outside of Jay-Z and Biggie, Snoop is probably the most over rated rapper in history. I don't hate Snoop, I own some Snoop, but he can't carry Eminem's mic. And it is really easy to write a rap. It's very hard and absolutely takes a particular talent to write good rap. Maybe even more so than any other music because of the amount of words needed to fill a rap song. It's beyond ignorant to claim that the right look can make a rapper seem talented. The right look, the right production can make a rapper a lot of money but making money at something doesn't mean you're talented.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn y'all. Read Sharks opening post. Anyone notice the tongue in cheek approach to the rapper comment? Have we lost the ability to define hyperbole and sarcasm?

How the hell did this thread jump the track? :noidea:

As a side note, I'm not a fan of using a headdress as a sign of being a skins fan.

Last edited by a moderator: