• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The MMQB Will No Longer Use The Name "Redskins"

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less if they did or not......However, I wouldnt be suprised if behind the scenes the NFL does some arm wringing and they will continue to use it

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a desperate attempt for more readers. Oh well - who cares. If the majority of the media stopped talking about the Redskins today I would not lose any sleep over it.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read Peter Kings bullshit anyway.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King is one of the best, if not the best NFL writers. They have no problem with readers, in facts it's probably SI's number one frequently read sections.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading Peter King a long time ago, when it was evident that he was the primary source behind keeping Art Monk out of the Hall of Fame.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading Peter King a long time ago, when it was evident that he was the primary source behind keeping Art Monk out of the Hall of Fame.
Ditto!!! that piece of shit

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares if they stop using the name. Is that gonna stop Skins fanbase from suporting their team. Hardly. For the sake of arguments lets go extreme. Lets say on MNF next week or anytime on ESpn they say Philadelphia Eagles against the Washington football team. Right there Goodell has lost the NFL. He has gone on record supporting their name. He won't allow this to happen ever. SI is a great mag but who really cares how they wanna reference us... or mad magazine for that matter.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds stupid and contrived to say "The Washington Football team" Just call them Washington. Drawing attention to the fact that you aren't going to use the name by using a term that draws attention to the fact that you're going out of the way to not say "Redskins" is goofy.

Especially when they say they don't want to draw attention to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Redskins change their name... hopefully... they don't change it to a cartoon pelican
or some flamboyant fantasy character holding a crystal ball.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen anytime soon, but you know how people are, when one person complains, then everyone complains.

I think they will be "forced" at some point down the road to change their name.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Redskins change their name... hopefully... they don't change it to a cartoon pelican
or some flamboyant fantasy character holding a crystal ball.

I doubt the name ever changes. Not under this ownership anyway.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no out cry with other sports teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Black Hawks, Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, to name a few.
Why Washington's franchise? Is there an agenda here that I fail to see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no out cry with other sports teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Black Hawks, Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, to name a few.
Why Washington's franchise? Is there an agenda here that I fail to see.

yeah its off season beat writers like mike wise who are more interested in being the story then reporting it

why does he cover a team whom he says has a racist name ? he is all about a pay check and if he believed half of what he says he does then he should resign in protest

but funny he doesnt so what do you conclude from that ?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King is one of the best, if not the best NFL writers. They have no problem with readers, in facts it's probably SI's number one frequently read sections.

I like Peter King & don't have a problem with him. However - I disagree about them not having a problem in needing more readers. They used to be the main sports link for the CNN site. However - that has now switched to that awful Bleacher Report. You really have to go out of your way to even find the SI site & that really is their only real way of attracting readers since hardly anyone still reads the printed version in this era (outside of perhaps the swimsuit issue).

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to disagree with you there.

SI hasn't been "the best," since all the new media came out. Now, people get their news from many other outlets, and Peter King is widely considered a hack.

Fuck him and his pretty crappy blog.