• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The MLB Pick a Player Draft Play-In 1 : Nos vs Stakes

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On your part, yes!

Let's take a look at the last 4 drafts, which has resulted in 5 play-in possibilities.

Here's the list of who played in these play-in games.

MLB PICK A PLAYER
Nos, Stakes, Femur, Milk

NBA PHASE
Ducey, Femur, 500, Stakes, Shane, Milk

MLB & NFL
MLB
Milk, 500, Stakes, UK, Shane, Meebs, Hall, Sushi
NFL
Femur, Shane, Ducey, Sushi, Nos, Stakes, Mookie, Milk

TWO in FIVE NBA
500, Ducey, Nos, Hall, Shane, Milk

Now let's look at total numbers...

Stakes - 4
Nos - 3
Femur - 3
Milk - 5
Ducey - 3
500 - 3
Shane - 4
UK
Meebs
Hall - 2
Sushi - 2
Mookie

Shane has played in just as many and not a word of complaint from him, Milk has actually played in more play-in games than you and guess what? No whining at all...

Here's an idea

When someone presents a genuine point instead of being an asshole about it just say

"Hey maybe there is a way I can make the process transparent"

It really isn't all that challenging.

When an employee of mine takes a concern up with me I don't tell them to fuck off like you generally do. And while this is a matter of significantly less importance there's no need to be a dick about everything thrown your way.

You can ask sushi or Shane I'm in the NBA boards all the time and am probably one of the less argumentative of the bunch. Where I get annoyed here is that you refuse to ever take even the slightest suggestion with anything but absolute disdain.

Again...we so greatly appreciate your efforts and energy any suggestion or comment made is not an attack or attempt to subvert your kingship over the mock draft board.

Is it really an impossible task to be transparent? I'm genuinely curious why that is such a tall task

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams are very close. Gotta lean Stakes because that middle of the order. Went back and forth though

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I took a minor gripe and made a bigger deal of it. Just working a lot and burnt out in general. Gonna take a break until after the holidays

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone presents a genuine point instead of being an asshole about it just say

Where was this done? You said you were in 5 straight, fact is no you weren't, also other people had been in just as many and i've yet to see them crying.

It really isn't all that challenging.

Neither is not fucking whining like a child who doesn't get his way!

When an employee of mine takes a concern up with me I don't tell them to fuck off like you generally do. And while this is a matter of significantly less importance there's no need to be a dick about everything thrown your way.

I generally tell people to fuck off when they have an idea? Really?? Funny, I think I have been more than open to new ideas, what i'm not open to is one person fucking whining all the fucking time, you have been here a year and you have whined more in that year than anyone else in the six years we have been doing this on the hoop.

You can ask sushi or Shane I'm in the NBA boards all the time and am probably one of the less argumentative of the bunch. Where I get annoyed here is that you refuse to ever take even the slightest suggestion with anything but absolute disdain.

I don't give a fuck what you do on other boards, even you have to admit it's not quite the same though right?
Please show me all these times where I get all pissy about peoples suggestions. Seriously show me!

Again...we so greatly appreciate your efforts and energy any suggestion or comment made is not an attack or attempt to subvert your kingship over the mock draft board.

So, you are telling me I should stop being a dick but then you post something like this, fucking unbelievable!

Is it really an impossible task to be transparent? I'm genuinely curious why that is such a tall task

I'm genuinely curious as to why you would even cry about this to begin with, in more than 10 years of doing these I have never had anyone whine about the play-in games, do you think i'm trying to put you at a disadvantage? I mean you clearly seen that Milk and Shane had been in the play-in game as much or more than you but I would bet they never gave it a second thought.

I have always found humor in people attacking someone for being in their eyes difficult when they themselves are the difficult one.

Also, you may have noticed a lolzzz when I suggested you quit, I honestly thought you were just messing around, won't make that mistake again...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna take a break until after the holidays

Oh no, i'll miss your friendly disposition. Could you check in from time to time and cry about something so it's like you're still here? Thanks...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't know your methodology nos but I know others are just as confused by it as I am. Why would one person such as milk have five straight play ins then another have one? It goes against the very nature of balanced competition which is what sports is about.

The only comment I've made in months prior to this was the pointless games in the rankings draft of which I was pitted against both players I ranked first. Struck me as odd considering it's a less than one percent chance that could occur. Whatever it was meaningless anyway. But I bring it up again because it's a perfect example of how matchups can effect the outcome.

In the end I did overreact by name calling and for that I should not have done and do apologize. I have no issue showing humility when the situation calls for it.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't know your methodology nos but I know others are just as confused by it as I am. Why would one person such as milk have five straight play ins then another have one? It goes against the very nature of balanced competition which is what sports is about.

Who else is confused? I think this is a case of you care, nobody else does. I truly cannot think of one example where someone brought up the play-in games and the fairness of them, I could be wrong but I think most people believe if you have the best team it won't matter who you play or whether or not you are in a play-in game, you will have to beat other teams at least three times in most drafts to win.

Also, if you look at the big picture instead of just a small sample size you'll see it pretty much evens out which is why I thought you were just bullshitting to begin with.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, i'll miss your friendly disposition. Could you check in from time to time and cry about something so it's like you're still here? Thanks...

So other than this current discussion you must have a plethora of examples of me crying

Or is it when I share my opinion on things such as pre-segregation players or more recent players not being included it is seen as crying?

I was under the impression the entire point of being on a sports message board was healthy debate

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So other than this current discussion you must have a plethora of examples of me crying

Or is it when I share my opinion on things such as pre-segregation players or more recent players not being included it is seen as crying?

I was under the impression the entire point of being on a sports message board was healthy debate

I'll bet you $1,000 American there are more examples of you crying than there are of me telling someone to fuck off over one of their suggestions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on both sides and what UK said.

having a play-in game sucks and you can face the eventual champion, which really sucks but you do get a high draft pick so that can be good. I personally love to be the very last pick but first is also nice. In the end losing in a close call to the eventual champion is a compliment to your team but does no good...in these drafts 1st only matters unless you want to rack up vcash.

point is you will have to beat the best to win anyway so it really doesnt matter if you lost in the play-in or the finals. I had the same opinion early but it does no good to come in 2nd. We are all competitive which is a great thing and all of us have had problems with things, it happens. In the end, we are all mock friends but really more than that...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on both sides and what UK said.

having a play-in game sucks and you can face the eventual champion, which really sucks but you do get a high draft pick so that can be good. I personally love to be the very last pick but first is also nice. In the end losing in a close call to the eventual champion is a compliment to your team but does no good...in these drafts 1st only matters unless you want to rack up vcash.

point is you will have to beat the best to win anyway so it really doesnt matter if you lost in the play-in or the finals. I had the same opinion early but it does no good to come in 2nd. We are all competitive which is a great thing and all of us have had problems with things, it happens. In the end, we are all mock friends but really more than that...
I'll say this..if y'all wanna let me pick #1 or #2 overall, I'll play in the play in round from here on out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this..if y'all wanna let me pick #1 or #2 overall, I'll play in the play in round from here on out

definitely. Think I’ve only had the 1st pick maybe a couple times that I remember.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely. Think I’ve only had the 1st pick maybe a couple times that I remember.

Stop whining!

raw

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and if Stakes ever comes back he's getting 9th for a year straight!

he will be back. Just taking a break. We are all competitive though and losing sucks...as much as you say, “ohh I dont care about winning this draft”

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be back. Just taking a break. We are all competitive though and losing sucks...as much as you say, “ohh I dont care about winning this draft”

Thing is I truly mean that, winning a certain game here or there is more important to me than winning a draft, the only reason I wanna win now is I need hoop cash.