• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mindset of this team

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the injuries and adversity they continue to say the same things. I really love hearing this team talk about how they have to continue to get better and the next man up thing. You expect to hear that from Ware, Lee, Witten, Romo , Carr - but when Dez says it - its obviously getting through. I think that is a big testament to JG and his staff and even Dez himself. Dez is probably the most talented player this organization had had since Deion Sanders. He could easily be bitching about targets or his 5 catches last night for 30 plus yards, but I truly think he has bought in. JG has been preaching it since day 1. This has to pay off.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the injuries and adversity they continue to say the same things. I really love hearing this team talk about how they have to continue to get better and the next man up thing. You expect to hear that from Ware, Lee, Witten, Romo , Carr - but when Dez says it - its obviously getting through. I think that is a big testament to JG and his staff and even Dez himself. Dez is probably the most talented player this organization had had since Deion Sanders. He could easily be bitching about targets or his 5 catches last night for 30 plus yards, but I truly think he has bought in. JG has been preaching it since day 1. This has to pay off.

This :nod:.....gotta give JG and his coaches credit for this much.

night and day difference from 4 years ago

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a JG fan, but he's starting to sway my opinion a tad. If we can clean up those penalties this time could win 10 games easily.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm constantly questioning JG's game management, but I'm more than good with him as the HC because of the players he has brought in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm constantly questioning JG's game management, but I'm more than good with him as the HC because of the players he has brought in.

I don't know that I give him more credit for the players than some of the scouts and other people involved with the team. I think it is the attitude that he is responsible for upgrading. Bruce Carter and Mo being replaced? Jerry's #1 and #2 picks??? That says competition and accountability are back.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I give him more credit for the players than some of the scouts and other people involved with the team. I think it is the attitude that he is responsible for upgrading. Bruce Carter and Mo being replaced? Jerry's #1 and #2 picks??? That says competition and accountability are back.

Maybe it's not JG but someone has Jerry's ear.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason still has work to do in the coaching dept IMHO and I think he will get the job done in the end.
I do believe that he has made a complete difference in the attitude of the team. When the team starts talking like the head coach its not brainwashing or indoctrination its that they believe in what they are being taught is the right way to go about things.

Defense is on pace for record setting year in the wrong direction BUT the NO NAME DL is getting the job done so far. you have to give credit to the scouting dept and Defensive coaches for getting more out of nothing than I have seen for awhile.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's not JG but someone has Jerry's ear.

Sorry, I think JG is definitely PART of the decision making on player selection and didn't mean to state otherwise. Just meant I think there are a lot others involved too. While on the other hand even though it's not just that turned around the culture of the team, I think he is the biggest part of that. I was more just stressing the one I personally feel he has a bigger role in. Even if his coacehs are the ones enforcing teh accountability and competition, he is the one dealing with the megalomaniac up above...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if his coacehs are the ones enforcing teh accountability and competition, he is the one dealing with the megalomaniac up above...[/QUOTE]

Just how big is that ego Jason is dealing with ?

Jerry is on the level of George Steinbrenner, Al Davis, Mark Cuban, some others I am sure also belong on that level. Lots of work to be able to stay focused on your job with Jerry around and Jason has done a pretty good job. I know I would not want to have to put up with all that is Jerry Jones at my Job.

And that's not a major shot at Jerry I think he is one of the best owners in sports but that he is stretched 2 thin and tries to do 2 much. And overall it hurts the Dallas Cowboys in the end.

JMHO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he benched Murray in preseason for a fumble , so I think it even started then. I really didnt agree with the Carter thing unless he just flat dogged it against SD. He bounced back and had a good game the other night though. Woodhead right now if lighting up all LBs.

From day 1 though when JG took over for Phillips, I remember me posting that he won the press conference. I rememebr thinking he is standing up, where Wade and even Bill used to sit and take questions. That standing up thing though just spewed leadership to me. The things he preached that day are the same things he is still saying today.