• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Laughton Questions

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that Laughton stayed after the mysterious Giroux "injury" as much to see how he fit in as to actually play?

Seriously...the one thing the club didn't need was another center. So, let's keep Laughton up and continue the forward shuffle.

I have read three different places that the Flyers are in on Tyler Myers .... no one has any idea of the package but since Myers makes 5.5 the Flyers will need to clear that much in cap space. That means that any deal will move roster players. That would/could be the reason for keeping Laughton around. How does he do in the NHL environment. Can he skate with the big boys? Does he back down/deffer or does he play through?

Until the Flyers clean up the roster and stop stacking center upon center .... and then playing a natural LW at center because :doh: he's a better center than the "natural" centers....there are going to be issues.
But I don't think Laughton is being showcased, I really think something else is going on....

.....but I have been wrong before....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a big reason a lot of Flyer fans wanted to trade Vincent Lacavalier this offseason. Would've opened up cap space & open up the roster to someone like Laughton. Not sure if the Flyers will be in any position to make a move to pick up an impact player like Tyler Meyers unless they can move Lacavalier first.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a big reason a lot of Flyer fans wanted to trade Vincent Lacavalier this offseason. Would've opened up cap space & open up the roster to someone like Laughton. Not sure if the Flyers will be in any position to make a move to pick up an impact player like Tyler Meyers unless they can move Lacavalier first.

The bigger question is what pieces we have to get Myers. They would probably want young guys and picks, but young guys and picks are cap friendly. Our dead weight includes Vinny, Umberger and A Mac. If Hexy can roofie their GM maybe we could pass on of them off. I think Homer may have roofied himself for those deals to start.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question is what pieces we have to get Myers. They would probably want young guys and picks, but young guys and picks are cap friendly. Our dead weight includes Vinny, Umberger and A Mac. If Hexy can roofie their GM maybe we could pass on of them off. I think Homer may have roofied himself for those deals to start.

True, depends on what the Flyers are willing to part with to get someone like Meyers. But I think they have to move Lacavalier's contract before it even comes to that.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Laughton last night. Speedy and started creating some plays at the end. But with the minutes he is going to get in the NHL I'd just prefer he stay in the AHL with top minutes.

Want no part of Myers

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Laughton last night. Speedy and started creating some plays at the end. But with the minutes he is going to get in the NHL I'd just prefer he stay in the AHL with top minutes.

Want no part of Myers

I agree, Meyers is rather excessive. I would've traded for someone like Bryan Allen or Travis Moen. Those are the type of players the Flyers could use IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would question every thing I think about Hextall and the direction of the Flyers if they traded for Myers. It makes nearly no sense to me at all. I don't think there's a chance in hell the Flyers trade for Myers (or Byfuglien who is also a frequent rumor).

I do think Laughton actually managed to make the VinnyBurger line look like an NHL line last night. I wouldn't mind seeing them play together a few more games. And when Raffl comes back, having a Raffl.Laughton.Lecavalier line.

Also I'm ok with 11 minute nights at the NHL level for Laughton. Especially nights like last night where the Flyers spent a lot of time on the PP/PK. Brief glance but I think he was 7th among forwards in 5 on 5 TOI last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton definitely looked like he needs to stay. Makes that line of slow and slower look like they have some speed. I also liked his grit in finishing off checks and stirring it up a little, Kind of reminded me of Richards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We need Laughton right now to hang around and have his minutes extended. He's the type of player we need. If we could only send LeCavalier packing and get something respectable in return. Nope, too much of a pipe dream.

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that if there's a fucked up play, Colburn is near it, if not in the middle of it. From turnovers to goals in our own net, to being out of position and the list goes on. We should trade him immediately! I agree you can throw Vinny, RJ and Mac

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Laughton looks like he should stay. If he slumps send him back but he looks like a keeper. Vinny looks better as well I think that the young blood beside him gets him going. Let's see what happens...

I'm not against a Myers trade as he's still young and on the right team he could dominate. It just depends what the cost is but he'd not only help us now but in the future plans. You normally don't have a chance to get guys like that. I would be against trading a prospect like Morin to get him as I really do believe that he'll be a monster out there. Coburn Amac a fringe forward a pick next year wouldn't disappoint me but odds are they’d want something more tangible which could be tough to do. Las what are you hearing going back to Buffalo?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please keep this kid as he makes that whole line better and has improved every game. My Christmas wish list.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw the 3rd period last night and the OT and shoot out of course...but Laughton really had some jump and played with a lot of moxy and good puck skills. Wish I could say the same for Vinny and Umby

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw the 3rd period last night and the OT and shoot out of course...but Laughton really had some jump and played with a lot of moxy and good puck skills. Wish I could say the same for Vinny and Umby

Laughton is definitely a keeper. I hope he stays so bad he is ready for the NHL right now. The other two slow and slower played a little less than OK but even them playing a little less than OK is better than them two have been playing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton looks good. Get him something other than anchors for line mates and he could be a difference maker.