• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest: 100 game season beginning July 1st

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's the latest and apparently what the owners are going to propose for restarting the season:

MLB, owners to discuss plan to restart season on Monday

So the schedule would involve games only played within the division and the opposing league's matching division. They're talking a 78-82 game schedule, but nothing further as to whether it will be imbalanced, such as more games against our own division, or home/away balance, etc. And definitely nothing about fan attendance, which I continue to think is all but completely out of the question.

I suppose they will adjust as they go with fan attendance. I agree they will start with no attendance. However, speculation with the NFL includes having fans but with strict restrictions and only like 1/4 of capacity.

I guess we will see where they are at come July. UFC started back up and things are happening. We're opening most things up tomorrow here in SC.

When we open, there will also be a 2nd wave. Hopefully it's managed well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose they will adjust as they go with fan attendance. I agree they will start with no attendance. However, speculation with the NFL includes having fans but with strict restrictions and only like 1/4 of capacity.

I guess we will see where they are at come July. UFC started back up and things are happening. We're opening most things up tomorrow here in SC.

When we open, there will also be a 2nd wave. Hopefully it's managed well.
You know, I was going to go back and edit to state that I didn't necessarily mean there would be no attendance thruout the entire season and playoffs, but at the very least they would start with no fans. I should have clarified that a bit more.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 team playoff? We could be in for the first time in a long time boys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can MLB be so stupid that they will cancel the entire season over greed - and jeopardize the game's American status? It appears so....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if both sides came to an agreement by tomorrow, the season will be a shell of its original self. It would really be more like a glorified spring training.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet another proposal from the owners, this one for 60 games:

Sources: MLB makes 60-game offer to players

This pretty much has to be do or die. While the two sides can always tinker with the final numbers, either they agree to play ball or it's bye-bye to the 2020 season. Most, if not all of us sports fans are sick and tired of this double-sided whinefest already. Any collapse of these talks could and should be the final straw.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet another proposal from the owners, this one for 60 games:

Sources: MLB makes 60-game offer to players

This pretty much has to be do or die. While the two sides can always tinker with the final numbers, either they agree to play ball or it's bye-bye to the 2020 season. Most, if not all of us sports fans are sick and tired of this double-sided whinefest already. Any collapse of these talks could and should be the final straw.

I'd have to say this sounds positive. MLB just wanted to reduce the schedule - stall for better covid news and hold their losses to a minimum.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet another counter proposal from the union:

Union counters MLB, proposes 70-game season

The numbers would work out from a scheduling standpoint, assuming they go with the AL-NL combined 3 divisions of 10 teams each for this truncated season.

Expanded playoffs to 16 teams in 2020 and 2021 seasons;

Sneaky Sneaky...Could we make it to the dance twice in a row for the first time ever?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanded playoffs to 16 teams in 2020 and 2021 seasons;

Sneaky Sneaky...Could we make it to the dance twice in a row for the first time ever?
I'd be more encouraged by 2021 than this year, especially because this season - if there's to be one at all - seems more like a glorified spring training. But I'll continue with the attitude that baseball, no matter how screwed up this year - is still better than no baseball at all.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more encouraged by 2021 than this year, especially because this season - if there's to be one at all - seems more like a glorified spring training. But I'll continue with the attitude that baseball, no matter how screwed up this year - is still better than no baseball at all.

16 deep is over half the league though...If we can't make it to the playoffs in that type of scenario...We're not going anywhere in 2021.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really didn't think baseball was this dumb. apparently i was wrong.

A season is happening. It was never going to be canceled. I'm right again. Iddy is wrong again. Who is shocked? Nobody.

And if the rest of the country is working? There's no reason baseball players can't. Most people are working in places like offices or factories whilst earning peanuts. Baseball is already the most distanced team sport there is. Zero reason they cannot play for millions with world class doctors advising/monitoring them, tests at their disposal, etc. They're far more safe than people like myself and others on this board who are back to work.

Now, let's talk baseball again so you can find things to bitch and moan about. Maybe you can lie about the state of our farm system again and make useless player comparisons to guys who played during the Truman administration.

Time to put on that dunce hat and dunce around for us. Board dunce.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same playoff structure...but only 60 games is wild...Hope the Sox catch lightning in a bottle. One decent winning streak could be all that is needed to dance.

If the negotiating process wasn't such a god damn catastrophe. They would be in the middle of spring training right now and beginning the season in 10ish days. Getting a good half season out of this.

Brutal.