• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers have a pretty good team

Flambo Gus

Token Native Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you didn't understand my comparison in my original comment, I wasn't going to let you off easy with my next.

Basically (aside from Kobe, who I really like), the Lakers' season is banking on a ton of unproven talent and in the midst of a coaching change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. Again, who cares about the Bucks roster. There are a ton of teams that may win more games than the Lakers this year. What does that have to do with the lakers rebuild and its roster. Your comparison is completely illogical and in fact you come on here with this BS and expect me to get your ridiculous comparison?

Flambo Gus

Token Native Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. Again, who cares about the Bucks roster. There are a ton of teams that may win more games than the Lakers this year. What does that have to do with the lakers rebuild and its roster. Your comparison is completely illogical and in fact you come on here with this BS and expect me to get your ridiculous comparison?

Yes?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are one of those Fannation trolls that just like to go on boards and throw BS around just to get a rise from people. Keep it up and you won't be on many boards too long. You see I am mod and so is TJF12. So I am done with this chapter of your BS and I am going to follow you around for awhile. If I see more of this kind of BS, you and I some folks will have a chat. Capeeche?

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are one of those Fannation trolls that just like to go on boards and throw BS around just to get a rise from people. Keep it up and you won't be on many boards too long. You see I am mod and so is TJF12. So I am done with this chapter of your BS and I am going to follow you around for awhile. If I see more of this kind of BS, you and I some folks will have a chat. Capeeche?

ooooh-snap_o_706983.jpg

:O

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year we had a starting lineup of:

Sacre
Johnson
Kelly
Meeks
Marshall

and we got 27 wins. Does anyone think:

Hill
Randle
Young
Kobe
Lin

won't get at LEAST another 15 wins?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about a homer. A rookie, (Randle) Lin, one of the worst starting PG's in the league, an aging Kobe who can't stay healthy, Young, who loves to launch 3's, and this Laker lover has them winning 50 games in the toughest conference. :omg:

Realistically, the Lakers might win 35. And that's if everything goes perfect.

Hey look, another Cavs fan pops up outta nowhere. What was your screen name when you were a Heat fan?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Kobe told Lin, we have a lot of work to do. A lot of things will have to go right. The team can't have the same injury woes as last season. Kobe's production will have to be close to his pre-Achilles injury level. Hill will need to be in better shape to sustain more MPG. Randle will have to truly be NBA ready. Lin will have to keep improving. Boozer will have to be rejuvenated.

It will be a longshot to make the playoffs. As always, I'm looking forward to seeing what they got though. There are some pieces here to build with for the future.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year we had a starting lineup of:

Sacre
Johnson
Kelly
Meeks
Marshall

and we got 27 wins. Does anyone think:

Hill
Randle
Young
Kobe
Lin

won't get at LEAST another 15 wins?

You're being a tad disingenuous. You picked the worst line up LA had last year but its not like that was the line up for the entire year. If it were, we would have won 10 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being a tad disingenuous. You picked the worst line up LA had last year but its not like that was the line up for the entire year. If it were, we would have won 10 games.

Actually, substitute Sacre for Hill/Pau and that's one of the better lineups we had last year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, substitute Sacre for Hill/Pau and that's one of the better lineups we had last year.

Subbing Sacre for Pau is a pretty big upgrade so not sure what you're getting at

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling here, but the Lakers will be bottom feeders in the West next year. Not because they are HORRIBLE, but mainly because of how good the West is. In the East they'd probably sneak in one of the last two playoff spots, but that's not the case.

Randle and Clarkson are both very talented, but you can't expect to make the playoffs with two rookies carrying significant roles. We don't know how good Kobe will be yet, but if he's close to his old self then they could realistically win 35-40 games, but his supporting cast just isn't good enough to surpass that.

Lin and Young are both boarderline starters and a team with both of them starting aren't going anywhere... that's just the truth. The pieces aren't there, but they did draft really well even though I hate to admit it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling here, but the Lakers will be bottom feeders in the West next year. Not because they are HORRIBLE, but mainly because of how good the West is. In the East they'd probably sneak in one of the last two playoff spots, but that's not the case.

Randle and Clarkson are both very talented, but you can't expect to make the playoffs with two rookies carrying significant roles. We don't know how good Kobe will be yet, but if he's close to his old self then they could realistically win 35-40 games, but his supporting cast just isn't good enough to surpass that.

Lin and Young are both boarderline starters and a team with both of them starting aren't going anywhere... that's just the truth. The pieces aren't there, but they did draft really well even though I hate to admit it.

Don't see the point in putting both Young and Kobe in the starting lineup. I'd rather put Johnson in there for his defense.

Sid Mead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see a player about to start his 19th season as a Laker not break down at some point. Doesn't matter if he starts the season healthy @ 100 %, his body simply cannot endure 82 games anymore. Can't even see them making the playoffs with this lineup let alone winning any play off series.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not happening this year man....I'll look forward to seeing the development of our young guys however

with ya, Kold. this team(IF it remains healthy) will certainly compete harder than last years' squad, but i'm not seeing 50 wins in a VERY tough western conference. course all things considered if they get to somewhere around .500 ball i'd certainly say THAT was a step in the right direction. also agree with seeing our young talent develop. that should be fun to watch...