• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers have a pretty good team

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people think they won't hit the 40 win mark or make the playoffs. I disagree.

Firstly, Kobe will be back. Fully healed and 100% (something he hasn't been for the last 3 to 4 years). I know he's older, but he's also a lot wiser. He knows he needs to change his game and there's no doubt he will. But he'll still be good for 20ppg and hit the clutch shot when needed.

Secondly, our rookies Randle and Clarkson are two of the best rookies we've had since the 90s. Randle is the type of guy that can make us forget about Gasol and Clarkson could possibly be the steal of the draft. These two guys give the team an instant youth injection.

Then there's guys who are on one year deals but are still great role players like Lin and Boozer. Lin is better than any of the PGs we had last year and Boozer could get us a double/double on a regular basis. Lets not forget Ed Davis who was probably the most underrated free agent on the market.

If a starting lineup that mainly had Sacre, Wesley Johnson, X and Marshall in it can get 27 wins, how much more can:

Hill
Randle
Young
Kobe
Lin

Get? I'm thinking closer to 45-50.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-50 might be a stretch, but I like the direction the team is moving in. The key to it all will be Kobe's health and how much he has left in the tank.

I like that Lin just wants to come here and be a basketball player rather than trying to bring back "Linsanity". I also like the Boozer signing, as he can not only still be productive, he can mentor the young bigs.

As you said, Clarkson may be the steal of the draft and I think Davis' biggest issue may simply be a lack of playing time.

If guys like Swaggy P, X, Wesley Johnson and Kelly can continue to develop, we may have something.

All in all, as I've said, I think this team finishes about .500, but could also see where they could get up into your 45-50 win category with a little luck. Most importantly, imo, is they will show top FA's for next year, that there are some solid pieces here.

Better not let wlk see all of this positivity.:lol:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ew, I just don't see it. Kobe is getting up there in age.

Not to mention being in the West.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Clarkson being worked up to be Kobe's protégé actually.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to tank. Not seeing any point in the Lakers making the playoffs this year. Long term baby. I know its weird for laker fans but making the playoffs as a number 8 seed would be a complete waste. We wouldnt do shit in the playoffs, we would get a shitter draft pick, and worst of all we would put Kobe through added stress. Im looking forward to next season lol.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got a first rounder next season right? If i remember correctly anything other then top 5 i think Houston gets it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to tank. Not seeing any point in the Lakers making the playoffs this year. Long term baby. I know its weird for laker fans but making the playoffs as a number 8 seed would be a complete waste. We wouldnt do shit in the playoffs, we would get a shitter draft pick, and worst of all we would put Kobe through added stress. Im looking forward to next season lol.

Tank for what? Next years draft looks to be weak at best.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got a first rounder next season right? If i remember correctly anything other then top 5 i think Houston gets it.

The draft pick that was sent to Phoenix is top 5 protected. So the only way that we get that one is to end up in the lottery again and get a top 5 ping pong ball. I don't think the Houston pick is protected at all, so it will just be based on their record.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for tanking. Do you want to tell Kobe that? I sure wouldn't want to be the one who does. :lol:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We get Houston's pick regardless (roughly 22/23 pick). We get a top 5 pick back, only if we get a top 5 lottery pick (unlikely).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers can't have a top 5 pick without Kobe, there is no way they are getting a top 5 pick with him.

And it makes no sense to waste another year of Kobe ( and his 24m salary ) to tank and hope to keep their pick. It could backfire drastically.

I could just see it: Lakers tank and end up getting #6 pick which still goes to Phoenix and makes them better. Sorry, but no thanks.

Better to try and make the playoffs and give Phoenix the worst possible pick.

Also, basically having the year off May have rejuvenated Kobe. That's what I am hoping for.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are caught between a rock and a hard place, im still down for a pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are caught between a rock and a hard place, im still down for a pick.

Not at all. Like I said, we have a pretty good team with young talent that can only get better.

Worst case scenario, if we don't make it far in the playoffs, we'll at least be very exciting to watch and competitive to the end - not have 30+ point blowouts like last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Like I said, we have a pretty good team with young talent that can only get better.

Worst case scenario, if we don't make it far in the playoffs, we'll at least be very exciting to watch and competitive to the end - not have 30+ point blowouts like last year.

Even if the Lakers don't make the playoffs, they will tease us most of the year, which means they'll be competitive all season long and fun to watch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're using "good" loosely. Realistically, its a 35 to 38 win team at best. If they even sniff 50 wins, give Kobe a unanimous MVP award. The only upside is they shouldn't be as downright dreadful to watch as they were last year.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not happening this year man....I'll look forward to seeing the development of our young guys however

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people think they won't hit the 40 win mark or make the playoffs. I disagree.

Firstly, Kobe will be back. Fully healed and 100% (something he hasn't been for the last 3 to 4 years). I know he's older, but he's also a lot wiser. He knows he needs to change his game and there's no doubt he will. But he'll still be good for 20ppg and hit the clutch shot when needed.

Secondly, our rookies Randle and Clarkson are two of the best rookies we've had since the 90s. Randle is the type of guy that can make us forget about Gasol and Clarkson could possibly be the steal of the draft. These two guys give the team an instant youth injection.

Then there's guys who are on one year deals but are still great role players like Lin and Boozer. Lin is better than any of the PGs we had last year and Boozer could get us a double/double on a regular basis. Lets not forget Ed Davis who was probably the most underrated free agent on the market.

If a starting lineup that mainly had Sacre, Wesley Johnson, X and Marshall in it can get 27 wins, how much more can:

Hill
Randle
Young
Kobe
Lin

Get? I'm thinking closer to 45-50.

I mean if i play devils advocate on these guys offensively and defensively...ehhhhh.... it really doesn't bode well at all. I love optimism though. But realistically? i think 30-40 wins is about right. A few bounces here and there and maybe 35-45. And our bench? If we see improvements across the board, sure why not 40-45. We dont even have a coach though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I surely hope we don't go through that massive injury bug we had last year where it times we had only 6-7 players dressing and barely making it thorugh the game and season. I say if we stay healthier than last year, we may have a shot at the 40-win mark.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will win 35-38 games, at best.