• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Rutledge Experiment

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, maybe I'm missing something. I know he struggled last year, but there isn't a baseball mind in the world that would pick LeMahieu over him in a vacuum. Even the Rockies powers that be themselves, would admit that Rutledge would have been their "higher ranked prospect". And maybe I swallowed the total bullshit that is the defensive factor last year, but right now, on Triple-A opening day................... I'm stumped!

How in holy hell can you say Rutledge needs defensive work to be a major league 2nd baseman in one breath and in the other have him be the starting short stop in the other breath???????? How does having him play short get him ready for 2nd? How do you have no confidence to make the better hitter your 2nd baseman, but not "train" him there, or even have full confidence for him to "train" at short... where I'm sure he'd play in the majors if Tulo were to get injured!!!???!!

So in short, Rutledge, who can't play good enough defense to be a MLB 2B, is the starting SS at Triple-A.

That's my rant for today... and I'm not even fantasy-ly invested in the man!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

although he'd certainly help my money league if I picked him up and could use him....:whistle:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, maybe I'm missing something. I know he struggled last year, but there isn't a baseball mind in the world that would pick LeMahieu over him in a vacuum. Even the Rockies powers that be themselves, would admit that Rutledge would have been their "higher ranked prospect". And maybe I swallowed the total bullshit that is the defensive factor last year, but right now, on Triple-A opening day................... I'm stumped!

How in holy hell can you say Rutledge needs defensive work to be a major league 2nd baseman in one breath and in the other have him be the starting short stop in the other breath???????? How does having him play short get him ready for 2nd? How do you have no confidence to make the better hitter your 2nd baseman, but not "train" him there, or even have full confidence for him to "train" at short... where I'm sure he'd play in the majors if Tulo were to get injured!!!???!!

So in short, Rutledge, who can't play good enough defense to be a MLB 2B, is the starting SS at Triple-A.

I agree with this rant totally. Walt Weiss makes the most stupefying decisions I have ever seen.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called up today with Tulo's quad "banged up". Hmmm