• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "I've seen enough" play

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So any particular plays stand out to you that completely solidified your opinion(s) about player(s) in the past? Like when you see it you're like, "Ok; I've seen enough. He's a stud." Or "I've seen enough; he's never going to amount to anything" or "He's ok, but he's never going to be great at _______" ???

I'll share a few of mine.

Remember a play Arnaz Battle caught a pass and just BLEW by Rashaun Woods for a long gain (or TD?)? I didn't like Woods in college at all (neither did imac; I remember us talking about him during an OK St. game in 2004). But when I saw that I knew he was an absolutely useless player. :(

Then there was this play when Alex Smith was playing at home against the Seahawks (2010 I believe). He rolled out to the right (as always), and had a wide open guy who would've made the 1st down, and he threw it at the guy's feet, which forced a punt. The Niners lost big that day. I'd seen enough at that moment to never expect greatness from him.

Going back even further, I remember a play Mike Rumph was covering Jeremy Shockey. That was an "oh shit" play if I ever saw one. Shockey basically froze Rumph in his tracks, and Rumph's reaction was like it was in slow motion. Shockey caught the ball like Rumph wasn't even there. I was pissed the Niners didn't trade up for a DT that year, and that play made me realize Rumph was NEVER going to succeed as a CB in the NFL. I thought, "Ok maybe safety?" But that hope was in vain too. :(

Any other ones you can remember?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any particular plays stand out to you that completely solidified your opinion(s) about player(s) in the past? Like when you see it you're like, "Ok; I've seen enough. He's a stud." Or "I've seen enough; he's never going to amount to anything" or "He's ok, but he's never going to be great at _______" ???

I'll share a few of mine.

Remember a play Arnaz Battle caught a pass and just BLEW by Rashaun Woods for a long gain (or TD?)? I didn't like Woods in college at all (neither did imac; I remember us talking about him during an OK St. game in 2004). But when I saw that I knew he was an absolutely useless player. :(

Then there was this play when Alex Smith was playing at home against the Seahawks (2010 I believe). He rolled out to the right (as always), and had a wide open guy who would've made the 1st down, and he threw it at the guy's feet, which forced a punt. The Niners lost big that day. I'd seen enough at that moment to never expect greatness from him.

Going back even further, I remember a play Mike Rumph was covering Jeremy Shockey. That was an "oh shit" play if I ever saw one. Shockey basically froze Rumph in his tracks, and Rumph's reaction was like it was in slow motion. Shockey caught the ball like Rumph wasn't even there. I was pissed the Niners didn't trade up for a DT that year, and that play made me realize Rumph was NEVER going to succeed as a CB in the NFL. I thought, "Ok maybe safety?" But that hope was in vain too. :(

Any other ones you can remember?

That never happened.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw DHB racing a DB into the endzone instead of making the tackle... :whistle:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cully in the SB... Kyle Williams diving for the punt that he didn't fumble in the NFC championship game

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrel Green running down Eric Dickerson from 20 yards behind.

Bo Jackson taking a sweep into the endzone going all the wa up into the tunnel in Seattle, moving so fast it looked like the Seattle defenders were standing still.

Tim Tebow trying to play Qb for the Jets.

Reggie Bush taking it to the house against Auburn in the season opener of his freshman season

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Clement's against Atlanta being an idiot after what should have been a pick 6 and then showboating and getting the ball stripped from behind, I was so fuckin done with him after that...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry. Arnaz Battle blowing by Rashaun Woods.

I beg to differ. Arnaz Battle blew by Woods even with the ball in his hands after a catch. I remember commenting about it on the old ESPN forums when it happened. He made Woods look like he was playing in heels.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cully in the SB... Kyle Williams diving for the punt that he didn't fumble in the NFC championship game

Y'know, I actually thought he was completely incompetent when he fumbled an end-around lateral earlier in that game. I literally said out lout to my buddy something to the effect of, "He's so great at sucking. Look at him suck." I was done with him after that play, and I never looked back.

Man that was an annoying, horrible game. :(

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ. Arnaz Battle blew by Woods even with the ball in his hands after a catch. I remember commenting about it on the old ESPN forums when it happened. He made Woods look like he was playing in heels.

Rashaun Woods was a wide receiver. It didn't happen.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedric Wilson at St Louis having absolutely NO clock awareness during a 2 minute drill. Instead of going out of bounds he cut inside which let the clock run out for an SF loss. :gaah:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Y'know, I actually thought he was completely incompetent when he fumbled an end-around lateral earlier in that game. I literally said out lout to my buddy something to the effect of, "He's so great at sucking. Look at him suck." I was done with him after that play, and I never looked back.

Man that was an annoying, horrible game. :(

I'll never understand why he was back there in the 4th quarter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rashaun Woods was a wide receiver. It didn't happen.

I know Woods was a wide receiver. They were both playing WR on that play, and it was very evident that Battle was a LOT quicker & faster than Woods. Woods couldn't even stay in front of Battle to make a block or even slightly get in the way of a potential tackler, and Woods started out in front of Battle when Battle caught the ball.

And Battle sucked. He would've been a #5 WR on a decent team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Williams killing the clock by throwing the ball into the ground on 4th down.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cedric Wilson at St Louis having absolutely NO clock awareness during a 2 minute drill. Instead of going out of bounds he cut inside which let the clock run out for an SF loss. :gaah:

That's a good one! You'd think Wilson would have better clock awareness from playing QB in college.

...He played QB in college right?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Woods was a wide receiver. They were both playing WR on that play, and it was very evident that Battle was a LOT quicker & faster than Woods. Woods couldn't even stay in front of Battle to make a block or even slightly get in the way of a potential tackler, and Woods started out in front of Battle when Battle caught the ball.

And Battle sucked. He would've been a #5 WR on a decent team.

OK.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good one! You'd think Wilson would have better clock awareness from playing QB in college.

...He played QB in college right?[/QUOTE]

Could be. I thought he was a wide receiver at Tennessee in college.