• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Huskers Don't Win With Fyfe Under Center Last Night

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Tommy made an extremely poor decision on his 2nd half interception, these are his clutch 2nd half numbers.

Passing

11 of 17 for 228 yds (13.4 yds per play) (64.7%)

Rushing

7 for 19 (2.7 yds per carry) (2 TD)

Those numbers don't reflect how many times he used his athleticism to scramble and avoid the sack.

He has his faults, but he is the guy for the job this season.

SHA_1573.jpg

pi-nebraska-110715.vadapt.620.high.89.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do I agree, but this is just a fact.

100% fact.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agreee with all that is plorsted in this thread ^^^

now I have got to go to Cabellas to buy winter gear
boots
a coat
look at some guns
and
well ................thats about it

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

It will be interesting to hear about the battle between Tommy and Patrick next year(fingers crossed he signs). Not sure if we will see anything of the battle.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agreee with all that is plorsted in this thread ^^^

now I have got to go to Cabellas to buy winter gear
boots
a coat
look at some guns
and
well ................thats about it
well I did lurk at some guns
bought some werk boots and a winter coat
tab --a mere 206.48

not bad I guess

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

It will be interesting to hear about the battle between Tommy and Patrick next year(fingers crossed he signs). Not sure if we will see anything of the battle.

I would like to see a JUCU in there as well. I don't see much out there though. Looks like the best available committed to Utah recently.

It would be great if they could get one in before spring ball.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a JUCU in there as well. I don't see much out there though. Looks like the best available committed to Utah recently.

It would be great if they could get one in before spring ball.
to be honest I would like to see the flood gates open for the walk on program like Danny Noonan said at the breakfast on friday

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jjm should make a thread on if a bop team would have won

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We would have beat Purdue with Tommy
we would have also beaten Purdue with Fyfe and a "reasonable" amount of pass plays called by west coast Riley. Even though TA is our best QB by a bit which I have said he is before, don't forget about the two point conversion at the end of the game in which he tossed another one of his patented up for grabs passes into the hands of an MSU defender. If the defender hadn't dropped that pass, Nebraska would have lost 40-39, because he had open field all the way to the endzone.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

-------
The good news is Tommy's turf toe was healed enough for him to play the MSU game. The bad news is that far too often players are "rushed back into playing" or the injury isn't healed enough that in doesn't re-occur--Taylor Martinez anyone? The best thing Riley could do (when possible) is give Fyfe plenty of mop up duty. He's going to be needed next year.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that this injury doesn't heal in the sense that you can be sure it won'
t reoccur. My understanding is the right (or wrong I suppose) movement can cause it to "reoccur" at any time in the future. There is no way to know if it will or to prevent it from happening again.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
The good news is Tommy's turf toe was healed enough for him to play the MSU game. The bad news is that far too often players are "rushed back into playing" or the injury isn't healed enough that in doesn't re-occur--Taylor Martinez anyone? The best thing Riley could do (when possible) is give Fyfe plenty of mop up duty. He's going to be needed next year.

According to some people here, Fyfe is a horrible QB who does nothing but throw picks. Nevermind the fact that making him pass 50 times in his first start could be a recipe for disaster. Last night proved Nebraska can run the ball. My God, MSU has a terrific defense against the run, yet Nebraska ran for almost 200 yards! I bet Nebraska would've ran for over 200 yards against Purdue, a 1-6 team at the time.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My understanding is that this injury doesn't heal in the sense that you can be sure it won'
t reoccur. My understanding is the right (or wrong I suppose) movement can cause it to "reoccur" at any time in the future. There is no way to know if it will or to prevent it from happening again.

I hope Nebraska can get a decent lead against Rutgers so he can get off of the field. I seriously don't want him to get reinjured. On the other hand, if our coach doesn't go full bore west coast against Iowa, Fyfe can lead Nebraska to a win against them, if TA is reinjured.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some people here, Fyfe is a horrible QB who does nothing but throw picks. Nevermind the fact that making him pass 50 times in his first start could be a recipe for disaster. Last night proved Nebraska can run the ball. My God, MSU has a terrific defense against the run, yet Nebraska ran for almost 200 yards! I bet Nebraska would've ran for over 200 yards against Purdue, a 1-6 team at the time.
-------
Don't know about Fyfe's rep one way or the other....it's just that the turf toe issue IMO doesn't heal fast and if it isn't healed and gets re-injured takes even longer to recover. Given time Fyfe will diminish his picks. After all Armstrong is third in the league in league in that category. And while I'm not one to play "Debbie Downer", turf toe can be a lingering injury. Even Saturday, Tommy appeared gimpy at times.