• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Husker Beat podcast

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Memphis 2011 when Nebraska played tOSU. I was so pissed off that we were going to get blown out again (Wisconsin had just humilated us). I told my wife "let's get out of here before I bust up this room and end up in jail.

We went back down to Beale St and I had a couple few mixed drinks. We were walking and some guy yelled across the street "Hey Husker, Great game" (had a husker t-shirt on) and I was like yeah fuck you too.

Went back to the hotel room to find out we had pulled off the greatest comeback in the history of our program and I had missed it.

No how bad it hurts I will not turn off nor leave a game early now. No matter how bad it hurts.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I wait all week......and it feels like a lifetime.........to see the Huskers play.

During that Miami game the people at the party were trying to change the channel to the Ohio State game. I said, "YOU CHANGE THAT FUCKING DIAL AND WE'RE GONNA HAVE REAL PROBLEMS."

Boy were they shocked in the 4th quarter. You just can't ever give up.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a buddy that lives in Miami and went to the Nebraska game down there this year. He told me he was going with his 7 year old daughter and his girlfriend. I told him that was a bad idea with his daughter because he won't last the whole game. Sure enough he had to leave in the 3rd quarter. He was so pissed he missed the end of that game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Memphis 2011 when Nebraska played tOSU. I was so pissed off that we were going to get blown out again (Wisconsin had just humilated us). I told my wife "let's get out of here before I bust up this room and end up in jail.

We went back down to Beale St and I had a couple few mixed drinks. We were walking and some guy yelled across the street "Hey Husker, Great game" (had a husker t-shirt on) and I was like yeah fuck you too.

Went back to the hotel room to find out we had pulled off the greatest comeback in the history of our program and I had missed it.

No how bad it hurts I will not turn off nor leave a game early now. No matter how bad it hurts.
This exact thing happened to me, but I was at the game. It was raining, the buzz from the tailgate had started to wear off, and we were getting smoked. I believe I was one of the "fairweather fucking fans" referred to by one of our previous coaches. I watched the second half in my room, so I saw it, but I haven't left a game early since. I learned my lesson.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to finish it up tonight. Very well done again. I heard at the end someone talking about likes on a page...do you guys have a Facebook page set up for it? I'd like it :thumb:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dang I was cracking up there for a while during that podcast.

"He's our Bartman." That is literally exactly what I was thinking when that play happened. I was just looking for that ball to travel as far as it could and then some random white dude on the sideline decided to try and jump up and make the catch of his life.

Funny ass shit. I'm gonna have to share this stuff with some friends, Jed. It's really good.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dang I was cracking up there for a while during that podcast.

"He's our Bartman." That is literally exactly what I was thinking when that play happened. I was just looking for that ball to travel as far as it could and then some random white dude on the sideline decided to try and jump up and make the catch of his life.

Funny ass shit. I'm gonna have to share this stuff with some friends, Jed. It's really good.

Spread the word. Trying to grow this as much as possible and see what happens. Need to find a few sponsors to pay for server space. As low as $50 for a year. Anyone know anyone that would be interested, send them my way.

Yeah that Bartman line was funny by Lee. Was really scared they would add 1 second.

This whole thing has been a ton of fun. Sucks we started so late in the season but hopefully we can keep it going.

Thanks for listening!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I was glad you guys brought up the Newby at the goal line debacle. I was on here FREAKING out over that when it was going down.

I think the one guy was probably right in that Riley was trying to make Dantonio think he was throwing there. That was what went through my mind when they did that too.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I was glad you guys brought up the Newby at the goal line debacle. I was on here FREAKING out over that when it was going down.

I think the one guy was probably right in that Riley was trying to make Dantonio think he was throwing there. That was what went through my mind when they did that too.
We try to bring up as many question marks/talking points as possible. It's good to have the 3 people that look at stuff differently to be able to bring stuff up that another might have missed.

If there is anything we should look at for any opponent before the game or after then let me know. We record the pregame episode on Thursday and the post game stuff on sunday (sometimes Monday).

I started looking up stuff for Rutgers last night and was amazed that I was studying for RUTGERS. Freaking Rutgers!!!! Man they are bad!!!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I wait all week......and it feels like a lifetime.........to see the Huskers play.

During that Miami game the people at the party were trying to change the channel to the Ohio State game. I said, "YOU CHANGE THAT FUCKING DIAL AND WE'RE GONNA HAVE REAL PROBLEMS."

Boy were they shocked in the 4th quarter. You just can't ever give up.

it blew my fucking mind how many people left that game.

you pay a grand to fly to miami, buy a ticket and you leave in the 3rd quarter.....

I just shook my head the whole time..Until the 4th quarter when I was yelling my ass off

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never left a Husker game early.

This one time. 2002 Colorado game. I was wearing jeans and a jersey. Colorado kicked out shit in and half the stadium left and it was cold as fuck. But I froze my ass off and stayed

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one time I considered leaving early was that game a couple years ago where we blew out Idaho State by 70 points. I had free tickets and it was HOT out.

I stuck it out though. I have still to this day never missed a single play of Nebraska Football in my entire life in real time. Well, since I was 3 years old. I couldn't handle the thought of walking to the car and wrecking my incredible streak.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one time I considered leaving early was that game a couple years ago where we blew out Idaho State by 70 points. I had free tickets and it was HOT out.

I stuck it out though. I have still to this day never missed a single play of Nebraska Football in my entire life in real time. Well, since I was 3 years old. I couldn't handle the thought of walking to the car and wrecking my incredible streak.

I remember that game and having similar thoughts, but stuck it out as well.

THE only time I have ever left early was the Spring Game once about 5 minutes before Jack's Run.

I learnt my lesson in the hardest of ways :pout: